Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2016 9:27:42 PM EDT
I was just wondering if anyone was planning on going to this event the first weekend in June. This will be my first time shooting a match and I imagine there will be a lot of down time. If anyone is going that has a little experience, or even if you don't, it would be great to meet up at the event.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I've shot a lot at Rockcastle, but won't be there for the GSSF match.  I worked as a range officer a couple of years ago at the first GSSF match they had.

A couple of helpful tips-

1.  When you're waiting for your turn to shoot, help paste targets.  Not every shooter, but at least several.  Coming from a USPSA background, it really blew my mind how so many of the shooters at the GSSF match just sat around doing nothing until their turn to shoot.  The ROs will greatly appreciate it and it will give you something to do.  

2.  With GSSF scoring, it's all about accuracy.  Shoot only as fast as you can and still keep them in the -0 ring.  Penalties are huge.  

3.  Don't talk to the guy carrying 2 aluminum gun cases/brief cases.  He's far too serious about this shit to strike up a conversation with someone.  (no, I'm not kidding.)

4.  Most importantly-  Have fun and be safe!

There will be a steel challenge match on June 18 at Rockcastle, in my experience, the crowd that attends Steel Challenge and USPSA is a little more lively (and friendly) than GSSF.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top