Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2016 11:56:36 AM EDT
Okay, so I've been very interested in converting my Daniel Defense M4V4 into an SBR for a few years and now I finally have the money. Could anyone guide me in the right direction to set up a trust and get my tax stamp? Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I used ky gun trust lawyer.  I don't have any affiliation with him, but he was responsive, he mailed me the trust quickly, and the price was reasonable.  I used it to e-file a form 1 and he includes a bit of narrative on how to do it.  You really only have to follow the instructions and have the paperwork signed by a notary.  I had no problems with processing my form 1 (aside from the wait on the government's side of things) and I've since applied for two more form 1 stamps and I've applied for a suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 11:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Alright I decided to take your advice guys. I'll begin setting everything up tomorrow. Now this brings me to my second question... Did you gentlemen have anything engraved after you received your tax stamp? And if so, who did you have do the engraving?
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 1:01:49 AM EDT
[#4]
You engrave the trust name and city,state.  There's some debate about it being necessary, but I went ahead and did it like just about everyone else.

I used ArmorHyde in Louisville.  He runs a side business out of TG&G and can be hard to lock down for an appointment, but if your local I'd say it's worth it.  He does good work.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Alright I decided to take your advice guys. I'll begin setting everything up tomorrow. Now this brings me to my second question... Did you gentlemen have anything engraved after you received your tax stamp? And if so, who did you have do the engraving?
View Quote

I had mine engraved by IdentMarking,  it was pretty easy and I would definitely do it.  Basically pack up a lower, drop it off and get it back a week and a half later.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Okay, so I've been very interested in converting my Daniel Defense M4V4 into an SBR for a few years and now I finally have the money. Could anyone guide me in the right direction to set up a trust and get my tax stamp? Thanks guys!
View Quote

Where are you in KY?

I got my trust from Carothers Law in Louisville at the same time I had a will and some other work done. I think she's a little high on the trust alone, but if you need other work its worth seeing her.

Hardshell Tactical in Louisville (Dixie near 265) did my engraving. Good shop, great community members.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:53:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:58:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I just had them do lettering, but they can do designs and logos too, they had some samples that looked good.

I guess maybe the tippy top of the L got clipped off, but its fine by me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just had them do lettering, but they can do designs and logos too, they had some samples that looked good.

I guess maybe the tippy top of the L got clipped off, but its fine by me.
http://i.imgur.com/o41PF3N.jpg
View Quote

Apparently Hard Shell closed their doors. Any other options for local engraving?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top