Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2016 9:01:30 PM EDT
We are having a HTF shoot near Dyersburg coming up and after the shoot is over I will be going to visit some friends in Pleasant View TN.  (north of Nashville)
Map quest and other such maps show it to be significantly quicker to drive across KY and back down into TN than driving back to I-40 and back up.  What firearms laws should I be aware of on this trip. I have a TN carry permit  and will be carrying.  I will also be traveling with my AR.  Are there any laws regarding loaded mags or mags in the area of the rifle etc.. I should be aware of.  Any No carry places?  Other than gas, I plan on no stops.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
No bars, no courtrooms, no problems.  Safe travels
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Bars, court rooms and schools are not on my agenda,(thanks) My biggest concern is about loaded rifle mags in a case with a rifle or ammo in the area.  Until recently we could not have a loaded mag in the rifle, now we can just can't have a round chambered.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:59:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bars, court rooms and schools are not on my agenda,(thanks) My biggest concern is about loaded rifle mags in a case with a rifle or ammo in the area.  Until recently we could not have a loaded mag in the rifle, now we can just can't have a round chambered.
View Quote

No problems, load 'em up. With a valid permit, you can do anything you want with it, except point it a somebody. Loaded or unloaded, chambered or unchambered, in the trunk or in the passenger compartment, concealed or open. All is good. Ky. law makes no distinction between a loaded or unloaded firearm, they are both deadly weapons.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top