Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2016 8:47:05 PM EDT
I got rejected for my CCDW license. Reason?

My NRA INSTRUCTORS credentials for the basic pistol shooting course was not the correct paperwork they needed. They need proof I've TAKEN the basic pistol course, not that I instruct it... Am I missing something here?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:09:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:05:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's the government, it's supposed to not make sense.
View Quote

Nail meet hammer. I'm still wondering why we're not constitutional carry. Bevin's needs to get to work on this. Anything about him doing so?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Nail meet hammer. I'm still wondering why we're not constitutional carry. Bevin's needs to get to work on this. Anything about him doing so?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither Bevin, nor any other Governor, has any say in the matter. Governors don't make laws. They can sign them and the can veto them, but the laws are made by the Senate and House of Representatives. The members of those bodies do not go out looking for things that need fixing. Laws get passed when citizens complain to their legislators about something and ask for changes. Changes to the gun laws of Ky will only happen when we demand them. As long as the democrats control the House of Representatives, all we will get is table scraps The short answer is, we are not constitutional carry because we don't deserve it, we haven't done the work to get it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Neither Bevin, nor any other Governor, has any say in the matter. Governors don't make laws. They can sign them and the can veto them, but the laws are made by the Senate and House of Representatives. The members of those bodies do not go out looking for things that need fixing. Laws get passed when citizens complain to their legislators about something and ask for changes. Changes to the gun laws of Ky will only happen when we demand them. As long as the democrats control the House of Representatives, all we will get is table scraps The short answer is, we are not constitutional carry because we don't deserve it, we haven't done the work to get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted for emphasis, since all of SP's posts are emphasized

No sitting on your hands waiting for other patriots, the NRA, KC3, Bevin, or anyone else to carry the water.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I've written all of my state level reps multiple times that I want to see campus carry and constitutional carry made legal.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I want bar carry.(A bar being anything that is considered a bar outright, or contains a bar or servers alcohol,  such as the Yum Center or race tracks)
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#7]
One path to change might be to become a state rep or state senator.

I got the latest newsletter from the Libertarian Party of Kentucky:
Thought about running for office? Don't want to have to overcome the “lesser of two evils” game? Get involved in a two-way race. The filing deadline for the Old Parties to file has come and gone.

Over 1/3rd of the KY House races are unopposed in the General Election. Here's the list: 4, 9, 17, 18, 21, 22, 26, 29, 32, 34, 35, 36, 41, 44, 51, 52, 57, 59, 60, 63, 65, 66, 68, 69, 71, 76, 77, 80, 83, 85, 86, 88, 89, and 90.

Only half of the KY Senate is up for re-election this year, for a total of 19 races. Of those races, an amazing 13 of the 19 are unopposed in the General Election. They are: 1, 3, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 23, 25, 29, 31, 35, and 37.
View Quote

Now blah blah blah no one votes third party yadda yadda, but consider that some of these races may be an unopposed anti-2A candidate or a 2A candidate who isn't moving the ball. Even running a solid paper campaign and answering letters, doing phone interviews, and having some presence as a protest vote with a platform could help draw attention to the issue.

The LP isn't just going to welcome anyone but the party has a pretty big tent. The Constitution Party has some presence in Kentucky also.

Find your district at http://apps.sos.ky.gov/electionballots/
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:00:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I want bar carry.(A bar being anything that is considered a bar outright, or contains a bar or servers alcohol,  such as the Yum Center or race tracks)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This!  I have, unfortunately, all but stopped going to a few of my favorite places - mainly pizza joints - unless we have special company that insists on going there because of this.  Explain to me how it is safer to have someone fucking around with their firearm to take it off/put it back on to go to a place like this.  When CCW-ing at such a place, odds are that I wouldn't have a drop or, perhaps a single beer to go with a meal.  The flip side of that is that the person who takes off their CCW gun could go in, drink up a storm, and come back out, get strapped up, and drive off in their car.  People operating a motor vehicle aren't prohibited from entering a bar.  People carrying knives aren't prohibited from entering.  Criminals won't disarm to go in.

Quoted:
I've written all of my state level reps multiple times that I want to see campus carry and constitutional carry made legal.

I can't remember if you and I have talked about campus carry before, on here or out on the ranch.  Have you mobilized other students to get on board with this?  Mrs. was looking at doing something with this, but there was fairly little interest and the leader mainly wanted her on board because she is technically classified as faculty as a grad student.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah I need to start writing letters... Haven't done much since moving (hence finally getting my CCDW here in ky).

Had a lengthy conversation with them again today after sending in my certificate of training, not just my ID cards for training. Still no go. It isn't the exact 8x11.5 in NRA paper that says the magic words on it. 3 different people were brought into the conversation today, all the same answer.

When I asked why I can teach someone the class and they can get their ccdw, but I cannot, he didn't have an answer for me. Calling the NRA training division tomorrow to see how to best get the certificate...

This is insane.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This!  I have, unfortunately, all but stopped going to a few of my favorite places - mainly pizza joints - unless we have special company that insists on going there because of this.  Explain to me how it is safer to have someone fucking around with their firearm to take it off/put it back on to go to a place like this.  When CCW-ing at such a place, odds are that I wouldn't have a drop or, perhaps a single beer to go with a meal.  The flip side of that is that the person who takes off their CCW gun could go in, drink up a storm, and come back out, get strapped up, and drive off in their car.  People operating a motor vehicle aren't prohibited from entering a bar.  People carrying knives aren't prohibited from entering.  Criminals won't disarm to go in.

I can't remember if you and I have talked about campus carry before, on here or out on the ranch.  Have you mobilized other students to get on board with this?  Mrs. was looking at doing something with this, but there was fairly little interest and the leader mainly wanted her on board because she is technically classified as faculty as a grad student.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

That is exactly what HB 221 is about. She would be a perfect spokesperson for they rally on Wednesday, the 17th. Representative Moore would also like to have some school teachers, administrators and other school employees speak up for his bill. If you think she would be willing to say a few words, let me know or get in touch with Rep. Moore, personally. We have some ex-military and college students,faculty would be great. The main focus of this bill is K-12 schools. We need to hear from them, too. Contacting your representatives is great, but often accomplishes nothing, depending on who they are. Often, they agree with you and so you are preaching to the choir or the are strongly opposed and will never change. You have to let them know that if they don't get something positive going, you will actively oppose them at the next election and do everything you can to elect somebody else. And then do it. What good are they to you, if they don't get you what you want? If they are democrats, ask them why we can't get any gun bills through the house. If they are rpublicans ask them what they have done to get bills passed. Ask them to show the bills that they have co-sponsored. Ask to see the bills they have testified in favor of in committee meetings. Make them show you something. Bug the shit out of them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

This,  I've seen some messed up stuff but when Gov.  gets involved it can go beyond comprehension levels of stupid.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#12]
You're an instructor, so give yourself the class and the certificate that says as much. Now you have met the training requirement.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You're an instructor, so give yourself the class and the certificate that says as much. Now you have met the training requirement.
View Quote

Verifying with the NRA that this is ok to do. I don't see why not, but don't want to do anything wrong in their eyes to jeopardize my instructor status.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#14]
So your an NRA Instructor but don't have a KY CCDW? You can come and sit in my class if you need in. I'm in Jefferson County. Here's my email [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember talking to you about it but not where, I haven't tried anything mainly because I'm only campus for about 4 hours per week, and I don't even really talk to anyone while I'm there since I'm part time and it's just at the community college.

When we get periodic emails about campus safety I always reply to them stating that CC permit holders should be allowed to carry while on campus.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#16]
There is a "Students for Campus Carry" group that is active at UofL. The founder of that group will be at the Frankfort rally on the 17th. He will be speaking at Rep. Moore's rally at 2 o'clock. Also, the past president of the UK chapter of that organization will be in attendance. He graduated from UK and is no longer there, but is still active in the issue.

A lot of people think of college students as kids, fresh out of high school. That is often not the case and anyway, you must be 21 years old to get a Ky. CCDW. Many adults continue their educations long into life and many ex-military and active military are college students. These people are not "kids".
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:18:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
[

View Quote

I don't really understand this. Why are you reluctant to carry in a "pizza joint"? Sounds like a bona fide restaurant to me. I conceal carry in restaurants that serve alcohol all the time, and several of them qualify as "pizza joints" I think. Its perfectly legal and I don't worry about it any more than I would worry about carrying in Burger King. Sometimes when we go out, I will be the only one at the table that isn't drinking with the meal and everybody is armed. If you like to sit at the bar, I might see the problem, but you specifically mentioned "a meal". I just don't get it. I don't drink, so I have no desire to go to a bar that serves no food. I agree with you about handling guns excessively, it will result in an accident eventually. And disarming, in public, where other people can see it and then leaving it in the car is really dangerous. Many guns are stolen due to that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:33:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't really understand this. Why are you reluctant to carry in a "pizza joint"? Sounds like a bona fide restaurant to me. I conceal carry in restaurants that serve alcohol all the time, and several of them qualify as "pizza joints" I think. Its perfectly legal and I don't worry about it any more than I would worry about carrying in Burger King. Sometimes when we go out, I will be the only one at the table that isn't drinking with the meal and everybody is armed. If you like to sit at the bar, I might see the problem, but you specifically mentioned "a meal". I just don't get it. I don't drink, so I have no desire to go to a bar that serves no food. I agree with you about handling guns excessively, it will result in an accident eventually. And disarming, in public, where other people can see it and then leaving it in the car is really dangerous. Many guns are stolen due to that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[

I think the only time I have heard of an issue with restaurants is when the establishment was not primarily  a restaurant, such as the Turfway Park horse track.   I know at one time, the sheriff's deputies would search people they knew in some way or could spot printing  in hopes of an arrest for carrying at the race track.   They had restaurants, food stands, and beer stand.    I don't know much about the Yum center, but I know they have food and beer stands.   I don't know if they have sit down restaurants too or not, which Turfway has at least two.    In any case, since most of the money made was not from serving food but from "pari-mutuel wagering" , they hoped to arrest people for carrying.    The woman who ran the CDWL dept. at KSP said it was within guidance at the time.    I avoid enclosed venues that serve alcohol because of this, whether or not they are a bar.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So your an NRA Instructor but don't have a KY CCDW? You can come and sit in my class if you need in. I'm in Jefferson County. Here's my email [email protected]
View Quote

Thank you sir, sent you an email regarding your offer.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think the only time I have heard of an issue with restaurants is when the establishment was not primarily  a restaurant, such as the Turfway Park horse track.   I know at one time, the sheriff's deputies would search people they knew in some way or could spot printing  in hopes of an arrest for carrying at the race track.   They had restaurants, food stands, and beer stand.    I don't know much about the Yum center, but I know they have food and beer stands.   I don't know if they have sit down restaurants too or not, which Turfway has at least two.    In any case, since most of the money made was not from serving food but from "pari-mutuel wagering" , they hoped to arrest people for carrying.    The woman who ran the CDWL dept. at KSP said it was within guidance at the time.    I avoid enclosed venues that serve alcohol because of this, whether or not they are a bar.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[

I asked about "pizza joints".
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:21:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I asked about "pizza joints".
View Quote

Are you waiting for him to respond regarding the "pizza joints"?   Or, is there something wrong with my post?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:06:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Neither.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:43:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Neither.
View Quote

OH!  Those.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I think the only time I have heard of an issue with restaurants is when the establishment was not primarily  a restaurant, such as the Turfway Park horse track.   I know at one time, the sheriff's deputies would search people they knew in some way or could spot printing  in hopes of an arrest for carrying at the race track.   They had restaurants, food stands, and beer stand.    I don't know much about the Yum center, but I know they have food and beer stands.   I don't know if they have sit down restaurants too or not, which Turfway has at least two.    In any case, since most of the money made was not from serving food but from "pari-mutuel wagering" , they hoped to arrest people for carrying.   The woman who ran the CDWL dept. at KSP said it was within guidance at the time.   I avoid enclosed venues that serve alcohol because of this, whether or not they are a bar.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[

I think the only time I have heard of an issue with restaurants is when the establishment was not primarily  a restaurant, such as the Turfway Park horse track.   I know at one time, the sheriff's deputies would search people they knew in some way or could spot printing  in hopes of an arrest for carrying at the race track.   They had restaurants, food stands, and beer stand.    I don't know much about the Yum center, but I know they have food and beer stands.   I don't know if they have sit down restaurants too or not, which Turfway has at least two.    In any case, since most of the money made was not from serving food but from "pari-mutuel wagering" , they hoped to arrest people for carrying.   The woman who ran the CDWL dept. at KSP said it was within guidance at the time.   I avoid enclosed venues that serve alcohol because of this, whether or not they are a bar.

Arrest people for carrying? What would be the charge? What would be the penalty? A race track is an "enclosed venue"? I know some parts of a race track are enclosed, but large portions are open, aren't they? I haven't been to a race track in 40 years. Have they changed that much? Don't take this as a criticism. I'm just trying to understand the perceived problem. Frankly, I don't see one. I'd just like you to explain it to me. If I could see one, I'd try to fix it. I certainly don't see a problem in a "pizza joint", as I understand the term. The statute says that a "bar" does not include "a bono fide restaurant open to the general public having dining facilities for not less than fifty (50) persons and which receives less than fifty percent (50%) of its annual food and beverage income from the dining facilities by the sale of alcohol." Anything they make from wagering is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 11:30:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Arrest people for carrying? What would be the charge? What would be the penalty? A race track is an "enclosed venue"? I know some parts of a race track are enclosed, but large portions are open, aren't they? I haven't been to a race track in 40 years. Have they changed that much? Don't take this as a criticism. I'm just trying to understand the perceived problem. Frankly, I don't see one. I'd just like you to explain it to me. If I could see one, I'd try to fix it. I certainly don't see a problem in a "pizza joint", as I understand the term. The statute says that a "bar" does not include "a bono fide restaurant open to the general public having dining facilities for not less than fifty (50) persons and which receives less than fifty percent (50%) of its annual food and beverage income from the dining facilities by the sale of alcohol." Anything they make from wagering is irrelevant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[

I just IMed you my number.   It is probably better that we chat on the phone.   OR, we can chat to arrange discussing all of the details over dinner, on me.   (Wives included.)      I can work with locations in the triangle of Louisville, Northern KY,   and Lexington.    

At the time, I did not expect it to be an issue.   But, it certainly would have been.    We can go over the details later.  

Also need to join KC3.      

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top