Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2016 11:31:40 AM EDT
I got a really pretty one today, half with my truck and half with my pistol.   It ran out in front of me.   It's the prettiest one I've ever seen.  I've never skinned anything and would hate to mess up a good one.  

Shoot me a message if you're local and willing.  

859-583-0139

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to check out a local taxidermist about it.  I know they usually smell to high heaven, so I'm not interested myself.  Plus I'm not in the 859 area.  What are your plans for the hide?  Are you going to tan it yourself?  I guess you know you can't just peel of the hide and drape it over the couch.   ;-)    I've skinned deer and taken the hide to a taxidermist and had them tan the hides for me, seems like it was about $75 bucks or so 15 years back.  I wish you luck with it, they are pretty this time of year.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Brother in Danville area is hooking me up.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, depending on your intent - taxidermist.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:36:46 AM EDT
[#4]
What are you going to with the hide?
At one time I was thinking about getting one mounted in the sitting position wearing a cowboy hat to greet people at the front door. Getting married ruined many more great plans I had.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At one time I was thinking about getting one mounted in the sitting position wearing a cowboy hat to greet people at the front door. Getting married ruined many more great plans I had.
View Quote

It always does.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm donating it to my local middle school science program.  They teach a cool lesson about wildlife management.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top