Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2015 3:35:08 PM EDT
I really would like to go hog hunting. My cousin and wife and maybe one other friend would be part of the crew hunting.
Does anyone know any places within a say 4 hour drive of Louisville that we can hog hunt at? I would like to get this setup as a surprise at least for my cousin as he got me into hunting last year and has invested alot of his time and money into an 80 acre sportsman's paradise for us to use anytime we want.
Obviously we know there are costs involved, how much is reasonable per person for a weekend hunt?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:44:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure if anyone guides hog hunts in Eastern Kentucky, but the damn things are becoming fairly common here. Saw some sign this weekend, in fact. Come here and kill 'em, brother!
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Indeed, with your help. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#4]
You 2 are nothing but a couple of teases.

Spill the besns.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Now THAT'S something I have never been called, a tease.

He was just talking about the pistol icon under my name.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not sure if anyone guides hog hunts in Eastern Kentucky, but the damn things are becoming fairly common here. Saw some sign this weekend, in fact. Come here and kill 'em, brother!
View Quote

Where is 'here' ?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Where is 'here' ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Where is 'here' ?

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I really would like to go hog hunting. My cousin and wife and maybe one other friend would be part of the crew hunting.
Does anyone know any places within a say 4 hour drive of Louisville that we can hog hunt at? I would like to get this setup as a surprise at least for my cousin as he got me into hunting last year and has invested alot of his time and money into an 80 acre sportsman's paradise for us to use anytime we want.
Obviously we know there are costs involved, how much is reasonable per person for a weekend hunt?
View Quote

I can't give you any specific names or places, but Henry County has become overrun with feral hogs, particularly around Lockport. That's about a hour and a half from Louisville. Those things are very destructive and most of the land owners there would be glad for someone to come and rid them of a few hogs. I'll check around with some people that live in that area and get back with you.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I can't give you any specific names or places, but Henry County has become overrun with feral hogs, particularly around Lockport. That's about a hour and a half from Louisville. Those things are very destructive and most of the land owners there would be glad for someone to come and rid them of a few hogs. I'll check around with some people that live in that area and get back with you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please do!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#10]
K
Quoted:

Please do!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please do!

I've done some tracking and hunting of hogs in Henry County.

Good to know that they are still around and need killing. Haven't been back up there in a year already. I've got some pics somewhere of the tracks and torn up land from my last hunt in Henry County...
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I too am interested in Hog Hunting, let me know. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just so everyone understands,  that's how long it might take to get there.    My estimate is an hour to 75 minutes to cover the 50 to 60 miles.     It is roughly within  about a 30 mile radius from the outskirts of Louisville.   There are a lot of small country roads around there.    If you don't know your way around there, it can take over an hour and a half to get there.

On one hand, it is close to Louisville.   On the other hand, you will spend a lot time on country roads.   It is definitely worth the drive.

It would be a blast to hunt the creek and river bottoms.    

I am guessing the hogs tear up the fields at times.

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 12:50:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I would be up for hog hunting in Henry county.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top