User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When does Bevin take over? Dec. 8th Can he reject Beshear's deal with Obama? We'll see. Probably not, but he can make it harder for them to do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw on the news today he joined the other governors in requesting no Syrian refugees be settled in Kentucky.  I understand he doesn't have any legal means to actually block them but the request has been made and I think it should be honored.

The problem is, hussein's  butt buddy, beshear,  has already invited them in.  

Note : Lower case used as an additional sign of disrespect.

When does Bevin take over? Dec. 8th Can he reject Beshear's deal with Obama? We'll see. Probably not, but he can make it harder for them to do.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I find it sad that the Republican's can't articulate their position on things well.  The way this is going to play out is the "racist Republicans hate immigrants/refugees and are so racist that they refuse to help poor terrorism victims".  When in fact the Republicans are refusing to accept the refugees until they are properly vetted and documented to make sure they aren't a security risk.  These governors are playing right into the Democrats hands because of their poorly worded statements.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I find it sad that the Republican's can't articulate their position on things well.  The way this is going to play out is the "racist Republicans hate immigrants/refugees and are so racist that they refuse to help poor terrorism victims".  When in fact the Republicans are refusing to accept the refugees until they are properly vetted and documented to make sure they aren't a security risk.  These governors are playing right into the Democrats hands because of their poorly worded statements.
View Quote

It will be portrayed that way no matter how it is articulated by the R's.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 1:21:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They can try but if all the sound bites from the Republicans were "we will welcome the refugees as soon as they are properly vetted and documented" it would be hard for the Democrats and media to spin it as Republicans hating immigrants/foreigners/refugees/poor/muslims.  Instead 2 Republican presidential candidates are saying the government should only allow one religion of refugees in and most the others are falling over their own feet to tweet "We refuse all Syrian refugees".  They are giving the dems/media all the fuel they need to roast the Republicans.  Then as the heat gets turned up the Republicans will back down and apologize as usual.  They know what they say is going to be used against them, so why don't they at least try to make intelligent statements that convey the proper concerns instead of sounding like racist bubbas?

Link Posted: 11/18/2015 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
so why don't they at least try to make intelligent statements that convey the proper concerns instead of sounding like racist bubbas?
View Quote

Because a good number of them really are racist bubbas and aren't intelligent enough to come up with anything with more substance.  But also, coming off as a tough unwavering simpleton is actually a common strategy employed by Republican strategists.  It is designed to appeal to low income blue collar rural people.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Nothing can touch the racism of the democrats .

90+% of certain  demographic groups voted for obummer.   Guess with which party that demographic group was registered?     You can't get  90% of  men  agree to go have sex with a particular super model.    

10% of the nation is responsible for over 50% of the crime.   That attack on the nation creates a huge economic drain on tax payers.

These are 2 of many problems we  see with race in the nation.

There is a HUGE problem with racism in this nation.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:51:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Because a good number of them really are racist bubbas and aren't intelligent enough to come up with anything with more substance.  But also, coming off as a tough unwavering simpleton is actually a common strategy employed by Republican strategists.  It is designed to appeal to low income blue collar rural people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so why don't they at least try to make intelligent statements that convey the proper concerns instead of sounding like racist bubbas?

Are you saying this guy is a racist bubba?

I'm not a racist bubba, and I do not care about vetting. I do not want Syrian or any type of refugee's in my country. If they don't like their countries they need to fix it themselves.

There is a reason their countries are the way that they are.

Nine times out of Ten they bring those problems with them.

If you want them, let them live you with, and you take care of them. Charity is one thing. Taking my money to support them is theft/legal plunder. That's what ends up happening. We pay for their housing, food, etc, etc. Legal plunder plain and simple.

When I see a pay check come out of my taxes every week, I get a little frustrated.

Nice to know that you consider me a low income, low information, blue collar worker.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy122/APHELPS0824/download-2_zpswgwa6lxu.jpg

I'm not a racist bubba, and I do not care about vetting. I do not want Syrian or any type of refugee's in my country. If they don't like their countries they need to fix it themselves.

If you want them, let them live you with, and you take care of them. Charity is one thing. Taking my money to support them is theft/legal plunder. That's what ends up happening. We pay for their housing, food, etc, etc. Legal plunder plain and simple.

When I see a pay check come out of my taxes every week, I get a little frustrated.

Nice to know that you consider me a low income, low information, blue collar worker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Jinxsters, we (me, family, friends) feel the same on each point and I could not have said it better.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Same.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you don't think racism plays a part in what some on the political extremes are saying I really don't know what to tell you.  Not sure why you think I was calling you a low income, low information, blue collar worker.  You sound like one of those Missouri college students getting all up in arms and offended by some imagined attack on your character.  Understanding political strategies is part of being an informed voter.  Learn to understand *why* politicians are saying what they are saying and who those words are meant to appeal to.  Even if you agree with what is being said.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe some examples of racist in Kentucky are in order.

I'll start.    

The first that comes to mind is the systemic racism and blatant abuse of power by judge Stevens in Jefferson County.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Maybe some examples of racist in Kentucky are in order.

I'll start.    

The first that comes to mind is the systemic racism and blatant abuse of power by judge Stevens in Jefferson County.  

View Quote

Judge Stevens is black. If you criticize him, you must be a racist.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Totally agreed.  Too bad no one in the media has the balls to draw attention to it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:52:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Totally agreed.  Too bad no one in the media has the balls to draw attention to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard Mandy Connel discuss his story Thursday afternoon on 840 WHAS.   It was a very reasonable and accurate story.   The story starts off with comments about the attacks on Matt Bevin's family.   The story regaring Stevens starts around 7 minutes into the show.

Mandy mentions how Steven's berated the family over a normal reaction of the little girl who was terrorized, along with the rest of the family, by the two home invaders.   Even though the home invasion and robbery were committed with a firearm, Stevens set aside a request for a 20 yr prison sentence in favor of ... probation.   Yes, seriously.  

When court began Thursday morning, the embattled Jefferson County Circuit Court Judge postponed the day’s docket.

Just heard on the 11pm news that the "community" supports the judge.

Supporters stand up for judge Olu Stevens

I do know it can be difficult in some places to find people who are registered voters, (that is how jurors are selected, from voter registrations),  with no pending criminal legal action, and willing to spend days at a time in court houses and court rooms surrounded by prosecutors and LEOs for months at a time.  Some people are ... uncomfortable in such situations.   (What is it? About 4 months that one can be held in a jury pool?)   There are communities where people won't/can't serve.    We can't just let people walk away from crimes.

This judge says he is impartial, but implies that white juries can't be impartial.   How did this clown ever become a judge.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:43:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you don't think racism plays a part in what some on the political extremes are saying I really don't know what to tell you.  Not sure why you think I was calling you a low income, low information, blue collar worker.  You sound like one of those Missouri college students getting all up in arms and offended by some imagined attack on your character.  Understanding political strategies is part of being an informed voter.  Learn to understand *why* politicians are saying what they are saying and who those words are meant to appeal to.  Even if you agree with what is being said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on what you consider racism.

I called you and SWIRE out on the BS saying "Because a good number of them really are racist bubbas and aren't intelligent enough to come up with anything with more substance. But also, coming off as a tough unwavering simpleton is actually a common strategy employed by Republican strategists."

Now you're back tracking and saying "some" probably meaing "both Democrats, and Republicans".

I came up with plenty of substance which you cannot refute. My argument comes from laws, experience, History, and common sense. You and SWIRE are using feelings, and emotions, no different then the Media, all the mean while the media pounded on Bevin saying he had no chance. YET WHO WON!?!?!?! ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION!?!?!?!

Just because conservatives have an issue with refugee's from a country that dislikes us very much with no possible way to do a background/vetting check on said individual especially when said individuals have control of government material (ISIS controlled regions) where ISIS could possibly forge, or make passports. It's impossible to do a proper vetting. Besides the vetting is a joke, even the FBI director said that.

FBI Director James Comey famously admitted last month that the U.S. government has no real way to conduct background checks on refugees. “We can only query against that which we have collected. And so if someone has never made a ripple in the pond in Syria in a way that would get their identity or their interest reflected in our database, we can query our database until the cows come home, but there will be nothing show up because we have no record of them,” Comey explained, quite sensibly.

You then paint with a broad brush saying "A good number" of republicans hate them because of their color or without substance? (Whatever that means), and you want to portray me as a college student from Mizzou? You need to check yourself in the mirror.

I have no problem with legal immigration, or someone wanting to come to integrate, and become an American, traditions and all, but that rarely happens. In the end, we end up paying for their house, food, children, clothing, education, etc, etc, and that mentality gets passed down the line.

As I said before put your money where your mouth is. If you want to provide for them, let them live in your house, you feed, cloth and educate them. Don't take what I've earned to pay for something that brings this country down, and then call people who think like I do "Racist bubbas"

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:55:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I called you and SWIRE out on the BS saying "Because a good number of them really are racist bubbas and aren't intelligent enough to come up with anything with more substance. But also, coming off as a tough unwavering simpleton is actually a common strategy employed by Republican strategists."

Now you're back tracking and saying "some" probably meaing "both Democrats, and Republicans".

I came up with plenty of substance which you cannot refute. My argument comes from laws, experience, History, and common sense. You and SWIRE are using feelings, and emotions, no different then the Media, all the mean while the media pounded on Bevin saying he had no chance. YET WHO WON!?!?!?! ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION!?!?!?!

Just because conservatives have an issue with refugee's from a country that dislikes us very much with no possible way to do a background/vetting check on said individual especially when said individuals have control of government material (ISIS controlled regions) where ISIS could possibly forge, or make passports. It's impossible to do a proper vetting. Besides the vetting is a joke, even the FBI director said that.

FBI Director James Comey famously admitted last month that the U.S. government has no real way to conduct background checks on refugees. “We can only query against that which we have collected. And so if someone has never made a ripple in the pond in Syria in a way that would get their identity or their interest reflected in our database, we can query our database until the cows come home, but there will be nothing show up because we have no record of them,” Comey explained, quite sensibly.

You then paint with a broad brush saying "A good number" of republicans hate them because of their color or without substance? (Whatever that means), and you want to portray me as a college student from Mizzou? You need to check yourself in the mirror.

I have no problem with legal immigration, or someone wanting to come to integrate, and become an American, traditions and all, but that rarely happens. In the end, we end up paying for their house, food, children, clothing, education, etc, etc, and that mentality gets passed down the line.

As I said before put your money where your mouth is. If you want to provide for them, let them live in your house, you feed, cloth and educate them. Don't take what I've earned to pay for something that brings this country down, and then call people who think like I do "Racist bubbas"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He prolly just borrowed a broad brush from some of the other folks on here.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

You sure use a lot of words to not say much of anything.  You might be shocked to learn I agree with pretty much everything you're saying about refugees and immigration.  That doesn't change the fact that racism exists and is a basis for a lot of the feelings and emotions expressed by politicians and turds on internet forums.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You sure use a lot of words to not say much of anything.  You might be shocked to learn I agree with pretty much everything you're saying about refugees and immigration.  That doesn't change the fact that racism exists and is a basis for a lot of the feelings and emotions expressed by politicians and turds on internet forums.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sure do write about things, and not read, or understand what you've just wrote.

Broad strokes. Cover that canvas!
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Wow.  Just saw Stevens supporters on the 6pm news.   Amazing.   Complete idiots and liars.   Either those people are absolute fools or total idiots.   I am floored.   I've some respect for our "community".    I can't do that any longer.   This is  insanity.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Wow.  Just saw Stevens supporters on the 6pm news.   Amazing.   Complete idiots and liars.   Either those people are absolute fools or total idiots.   I am floored.   I've some respect for our "community".    I can't do that any longer.   This is  insanity.
View Quote

Or they have an agenda. At my job I sometimes get in vigorous debates with a staunch socialist at work. You'd crap your pants if you heard what he believes in.

It always comes down to the mindset "This time it'll work."
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Or they have an agenda. At my job I sometimes get in vigorous debates with a staunch socialist at work. You'd crap your pants if you heard what he believes in.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the down side to elected judges. If the people in his district agree with what he does, even though it is contrary to the written law, he will get reelected to continue issuing rulings that please the voters of his district. These voters will never hear about the appeal overturning their Judge. I would not want to come before a judge like this. You can be convicted for doing exactly what the law says you are allowed to do. Of course, appointing judges has its down side, too. I don't know of a good way to do it. It has only been a few year now that a judge had to have a law degree. When I was a kid, our local District Judge owned a furniture store in town. He did whatever the prosecutor told him was right.

A few years ago in Fayette County, Judge Pamela Goodwine dismissed a lawsuit by Michael Mitchell against UK for firing him from his job at UK for having a gun in his car, even thought the laws clearly says that they can't do that. Mr. Mitchell had to go all the way to the Ky. Supreme Court to get justice in a 7-0 ruling consistent with the law. Judge Goodwine has been reelected several times, no matter that her decisions are overturned on appeal more that any other judge in Ky. Judge Stevens is just doing what he perceives to be the will of his constituents. He hopes this will insure his reelection. He is probably right.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This is the down side to elected judges. If the people in his district agree with what he does, even though it is contrary to the written law, he will get reelected to continue issuing rulings that please the voters of his district. These voters will never hear about the appeal overturning their Judge. I would not want to come before a judge like this. You can be convicted for doing exactly what the law says you are allowed to do. Of course, appointing judges has its down side, too. I don't know of a good way to do it. It has only been a few year now that a judge had to have a law degree. When I was a kid, our local District Judge owned a furniture store in town. He did whatever the prosecutor told him was right.

A few years ago in Fayette County, Judge Pamela Goodwine dismissed a lawsuit by Michael Mitchell against UK for firing him from his job at UK for having a gun in his car, even thought the laws clearly says that they can't do that. Mr. Mitchell had to go all the way to the Ky. Supreme Court to get justice in a 7-0 ruling consistent with the law. Judge Goodwine has been reelected several times, no matter that her decisions are overturned on appeal more that any other judge in Ky. Judge Stevens is just doing what he perceives to be the will of his constituents. He hopes this will insure his reelection. He is probably right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's called an activist judge. We have four of them that sit on the bench at the USSC.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 1:16:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's called an activist judge. We have four of them that sit on the bench at the USSC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my point. We have them with elected judges and with appointed judges. I don't know what the answer is. Supreme Court Judges are appointed for life and are making rulings to support their own agendas. Judges like Stevens and Goodwine are making decisions to support their constituents' agenda. They may not support the issue at all, themselves, but want to keep the voters happy. At least we have a Court of Appeals and Supreme Court to clean up after them. The USSC is the court of final appeal.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:11:02 AM EDT
[#24]
a friend of mine met Bevin and one of his sons at an event briefly, and said that he came away with a good impression.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Judges can be impeached. And the state legislature should be looking into guidelines for impeaching judges that are too often overturned or make rulings clearly at odds with the law. make it certain standards of over X percentage of decisions overturned on appeal mean not fit to serve on the bench. And activist rulings clearly at odds with the law should be a crime. The legislature should be doing a better job at making sure the judiciary applies the laws as written by the people's representatives and the state constitution.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top