Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Sturmgewehr-jd and I would like to come on Saturday from Louisville...hope there is room.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sturmgewehr-jd and I would like to come on Saturday from Louisville...hope there is room.
View Quote

What he said...

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:02:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What he said...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he said...

145 acres. We'll squeeze you in.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:45:23 PM EDT
[#4]
What toys is everyone bringing? I don't have much but if anybody has a hankering to shoot a nice AK or two I could accommodate. I'm probably bringing lots of gear again since I don't get too many opportunities to actually use it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:20:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What toys is everyone bringing? I don't have much but if anybody has a hankering to shoot a nice AK or two I could accommodate. I'm probably bringing lots of gear again since I don't get too many opportunities to actually use it.
View Quote

True confession, I've never fired an AK.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:43:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can bring an SAR 1 if that qualifies.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that might have to change this weekend!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll bring the M16 in 5.56, 9mm, 6.8SPC, and .22lr if Joker will allow full auto. Bring factory ammo if you would like to shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'll bring the M16 in 5.56, 9mm, 6.8SPC, and .22lr if Joker will allow full auto. Bring factory ammo if you would like to shoot it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Allowed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I should be able to make it. Need to remember to get a challenge coin this time.

Will bring my suppressed M16.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I should be able to make it. Need to remember to get a challenge coin this time.

Will bring my suppressed M16.
View Quote

I found 'em. It's waiting for you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#12]
we have the coolest people and shoots .  

Joker's

The HTF shoots

Just way too cool.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like i dont get to shoot it
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll let you shoot a mag of something I have on hand. I will also bring some ammo for sale to shoot.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:47:46 PM EDT
[#15]
When do the festivities start on Saturday?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:15:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

WAG... 9am
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:16:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'll let you shoot a mag of something I have on hand. I will also bring some ammo for sale to shoot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See.   Way too cool.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:58:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, we meet at the house at 9 for intros and range rules. Then we shuttle to the range and the jungle to get going. A couple of late arrivers will have to call for a shuttle Jeep to come get them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:16:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're a good guy. I'll pick up a few boxes of factory stuff on my way to the shoot.

I have a quadrillion rounds of personal reloads, in various calibers but, virtually no factory ammo on hand.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:17:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah, we meet at the house at 9 for intros and range rules. Then we shuttle to the range and the jungle to get going. A couple of late arrivers will have to call for a shuttle Jeep to come get them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can those of us with off-road trucks drive down?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:45:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't end up driving down the jungle lane.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah,  as long as you dont mind some branches dragging the side of your rig.  Its an easy 4x4 trail to the range. I dont even have to put my Tacoma in four wheel drive to get down there when its dry and last week I took my wifes AWD Rav4 down there with no problems.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks like I'll be driving the XJ vs. the Escape. No way I want to load up twice each way.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You're a good guy. I'll pick up a few boxes of factory stuff on my way to the shoot.

I have a quadrillion rounds of personal reloads, in various calibers but, virtually no factory ammo on hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am in the same boat, the only factory ammo I buy are shotgun shells and .22lr.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#25]
I started packing up gear last night.  I've got the new G34 to zero in and I manged to pick up a new G20 this week too.  You guys better bring double hearing protection because I'll be unleashing the almighty 10mm power!  Over the last two weeks I loaded up about 750 9mm rounds so Im planning on shooting, shooting and then shooting some more.  Also, I've got an old 1148 that I shortened the barrel on that I need to pattern and a few other things to tinker with in addition to the flame throwing AK that everyone seemed to like at the Porkchop Platoon shoot.  I may toss a VZ58 in the truck and some other assorted goodies as well.

I recorded a few shooters in the shoot house at the last shoots but dont have any footage of myself so I bought a headband mount for my gopro.  I considered a chest mount but I figured you'd only be able to see my arms and stuff instead of the targets.  I look like a total jackass when I wear it.  I hope you guys dont tease me too much  

We havent really discussed chow this time so Im just tossing a pack of metts in my cooler and a six pack for the after shoot festivities.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I started packing up gear last night.  I've got the new G34 to zero in and I manged to pick up a new G20 this week too.  You guys better bring double hearing protection because I'll be unleashing the almighty 10mm power!  Over the last two weeks I loaded up about 750 9mm rounds so Im planning on shooting, shooting and then shooting some more.  Also, I've got an old 1148 that I shortened the barrel on that I need to pattern and a few other things to tinker with in addition to the flame throwing AK that everyone seemed to like at the Porkchop Platoon shoot.  I may toss a VZ58 in the truck and some other assorted goodies as well.

I recorded a few shooters in the shoot house at the last shoots but dont have any footage of myself so I bought a headband mount for my gopro.  I considered a chest mount but I figured you'd only be able to see my arms and stuff instead of the targets.  I look like a total jackass when I wear it.  I hope you guys dont tease me too much  

We havent really discussed chow this time so Im just tossing a pack of metts in my cooler and a six pack for the after shoot festivities.

View Quote

I was gonna grill post shoot as per usual.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I started packing up gear last night.  I've got the new G34 to zero in and I manged to pick up a new G20 this week too.  
View Quote

You've been busy since last time I was up there!

I'm going to be bringing one AR with sights that need zeroing and one AK for funsies.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Noted, I'll bring chips and stuff to snack on while you are getting stuff ready then.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I'm going to be bringing one AR with sights that need zeroing and one AK for funsies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I started packing up gear last night.  I've got the new G34 to zero in and I manged to pick up a new G20 this week too.  

Yeah,  thanks to Jokers expert handgun instruction this summer Ive come a long way.  I traded off the XDM .45 I was carrying and picked up a gen 4 G17 as my daily CCW and I've been shooting it a LOT.   All three of the new glocks need upgraded to steel sights at a minimum, with the possibility of tritium fronts for the 17 and the 20.  Before his spring shoot I sat at the bench and shot every weekend.  Now its pistol, pistol, pistol.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Dang sounds like this is going to be a good time! Wish i could make it...

I really like the htf here in ky. Very similar to missouri's. I was in ks for a year before moving here. They did nothing on there, so the change has been nice!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:33:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Dang sounds like this is going to be a good time! Wish i could make it...

I really like the htf here in ky. Very similar to missouri's. I was in ks for a year before moving here. They did nothing on there, so the change has been nice!
View Quote
Too bad you cant make it man.  Make sure to give somebody a heads up when you can get out though.

The Cincinnati guys from the OH HTF have meet for beer and wings before so I'll keep you posted on that too.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Got the gear packed and ready. Picked up some snacks and hot dogs for the lunch option . I'm camping this time and bringing my daughter plus her friend who has never been in the woods lol. Also picked up quart of moonshine for Apeman. WOOHOO
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:57:08 AM EDT
[#33]
I apologize if I missed where this was stated .

Can we get an approximate round count?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:00:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I apologize if I missed where this was stated .

Can we get an approximate round count?
View Quote

Unknown. It depends on how much you want to shoot. Copperhead Road has 18 rifle targets. Shoothouse has 25 rifle or pistol. Gas station has 16 pistol targets. Dueling tree eats pistil rounds. there are a couple smaller scenarios with 2-5 targets.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I just wanted to say a big thanks for Joker for another great shoot. The amount of time and effort you put into setting up the range, stages and jungle walk is impressive and then you feed everybody to boot and don't ask for a thing in return. Simply amazing, especially in this day and age!!!

My hat is off to you sir !!! (and everybody else who helped too!)
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I just wanted to say a big thanks for Joker for another great shoot. The amount of time and effort you put into setting up the range, stages and jungle walk is impressive and then you feed everybody to boot and don't ask for a thing in return. Simply amazing, especially in this day and age!!!

My hat is off to you sir !!! (and everybody else who helped too!)
View Quote

Thanks AG, it's always a pleasure.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#37]
I had a fantastic time and learned a lot from Joker1 and the rest. I am glad I made the dinner shot, even if I couldn't stay for dinner. I hope you guys didn't get any rain. I hit a cloud burst on the way home.

See you next time!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#38]
That was the most fun I've had, with my clothes on, in a long time

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I had a fantastic time and learned a lot from Joker1 and the rest. I am glad I made the dinner shot, even if I couldn't stay for dinner. I hope you guys didn't get any rain. I hit a cloud burst on the way home.

See you next time!
View Quote

Just a sprinkle. I lasered the shot distance since we had moved the target. It was 137 yards, 411 feet. Dinner was pretty tasty if I do say so myself.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That was the most fun I've had, with my clothes on, in a long time

View Quote

You're always welcome. Thanks for keeping your clothes on!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Before i forget, thanks for the good gun handling tips as well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:57:50 PM EDT
[#42]
thanks again to Joker for hosting, had a great time as always. Great to see familiar faces and a few new ones. Since Joker's range is shut down till next year due to hunting season, if anyone wants to get together before next year let me know. I shoot at a range in southern KY that is owned by another Arfcom member who would host (he runs it as a business).
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:58:42 PM EDT
[#43]
double tap
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:00:07 AM EDT
[#44]
As always, big thanks to Joker1 for having us out.  We really appreciate all the hospitality, the opportunity to get in some "unconventional" practice and the wealth of information and pointers.  And thanks to everyone else for a great time hanging out with some cool gun folks.  It was good meeting the new people and seeing the familiar faces again.  The only bad part was seeing how sad Brenna was when AMWFD drove off.  It was truly heartbreaking how much she cried.

PS If anyone finds a spare 30 rounder that hitched a ride with their gear - that was my "lost/forgot it at Joker's" item for this trip.  I think everything else is accounted for, so it's probably a black TAPCO mag with a yellow paint spot.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#45]
while we're on the topic of things that got left behind, i just realized i left my small blue cooler. in no rush to get it back.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:09:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
while we're on the topic of things that got left behind, i just realized i left my small blue cooler. in no rush to get it back.
View Quote

We noticed one there this AM.  It had someone's name on the underside of the lid, but we didn't recognize it so we turned it into a field expedient latrine.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:12:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We noticed one there this AM.  It had someone's name on the underside of the lid, but we didn't recognize it so we turned it into a field expedient latrine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#48]
OK, here are the two vids I took from my forehead mounted nerd cam.  They actually came out much better than I expected.  You guys can count on seeing it more often now that I know it works!

The gas station was a lot of fun since I hadnt shot it before.  Unfortunately, I killed the woman behind the door pointing her finger at me.  You can hear Joker ask me why I shot her and thats my reply.  Also, I think he asked me if I shot the guy to the left of her and I replied yes, but after watching the video I didnt.  Not sure why I held up.  

Here is the nerd cam of my trip though the shoot house.  I got smoked by the tricky target of the guy holding the "hostage" that really wasnt a hostage at all. She was actually holding a gun too.  It taught me a valuable lesson.  Also, at one point you can hear him coaching me about which leg to lead with as I slice the pie at the first corner.    Ive been though that house many times and Joker manages to teach me something every time. I guess thats why I put up with him being such a dick to me.

It was a real pleasure to meet the new guys and catch up with the ones that have been shooting with us before.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

See you next time!

View Quote
Sir, I enjoyed spending the day shooting with you and hope we can do it again sometime.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:08:12 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

As always, big thanks to Joker1 for having us out.  We really appreciate all the hospitality, the opportunity to get in some "unconventional" practice and the wealth of information and pointers.  And thanks to everyone else for a great time hanging out with some cool gun folks.  It was good meeting the new people and seeing the familiar faces again.  The only bad part was seeing how sad Brenna was when AMWFD drove off.  It was truly heartbreaking how much she cried.

PS If anyone finds a spare 30 rounder that hitched a ride with their gear - that was my "lost/forgot it at Joker's" item for this trip.  I think everything else is accounted for, so it's probably a black TAPCO mag with a yellow paint spot.
View Quote
Aww man, you too?

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top