Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2015 10:11:02 AM EDT
Our banquet will be held August 1st, 2015, at the Triple Crown Pavilion located at 1776 Plantside Dr. . Several ARFCOMers came last year and had a great time.

Doors will open at 5:30pm. Here's the really cool part. Just for buying an event ticket, you get entered into two door prizes (Ruger LC9 and a Rock Island 1911) and you will also get to enjoy an awesome dinner.

To get tickets, please email us at [email protected] or call/text Joey at (502) 210-9743. He'll make arrangements to get you tickets or a banquet package.

Packages:
Single Ticket - $50 - dinner and entry to door prizes

Support Ticket: $100 - includes 1 dinner, $60 in bucket tickets

Couple’s Package: $125 - includes 2 dinners and $60 in bucket tickets

Table Packages:

Freedom Package - $500 - includes 4 dinners and $160 in bucket tickets & choice of Mossberg 702 Duck Commander or Taurus PT Slim 40

Liberty Package - $1000 - includes 8 dinners, $240 in bucket raffle tickets and choice of S&W M&P 15 .22 or Sig P320 9mm

Constitution Package - $2000 – includes 8 dinners, $640 in bucket tickets, and choice of Kimber Pro Carry II .45 acp or Montana Rifle .300 WM

Don’t Tread on Us Package - $5000 – includes 8 dinners, $1,000 in bucket tickets and choice of Savage .338 Lapua or Tommy Gun
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a quick bump.

The Friends of the NRA is part of the non-profit 501c3 NRA Foundation. Here in Kentucky we raised ~$300,000 last year. Half of that went to national programs like Eddie Eagle and the NRA Youth Education Summit; the national organization does the heavy lifting and sets up the programs and materials. Half stayed here in Kentucky and helped get Eddie Eagle into local schools and grants to ROTC, 4-H, Scouts, and Trooper Island; each state hands out the grants that see that those big national programs get implemented for our local organizations.

The NRA and ILA take names and kick ass in Congress. The Friends of the NRA makes sure that the next generation of shooters know how to be safe and shoot well.

Our banquets and events are fun. Hang around with some shooters, win some prizes, play a few games, and know that you're helping out good programs.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:11:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just a quick bump.

The Friends of the NRA is part of the non-profit 501c3 NRA Foundation. Here in Kentucky we raised ~$300,000 last year. Half of that went to national programs like Eddie Eagle and the NRA Youth Education Summit; the national organization does the heavy lifting and sets up the programs and materials. Half stayed here in Kentucky and helped get Eddie Eagle into local schools and grants to ROTC, 4-H, Scouts, and Trooper Island; each state hands out the grants that see that those big national programs get implemented for our local organizations.

The NRA and ILA take names and kick ass in Congress. The Friends of the NRA makes sure that the next generation of shooters know how to be safe and shoot well.

Our banquets and events are fun. Hang around with some shooters, win some prizes, play a few games, and know that you're helping out good programs.
View Quote

Had a great time last year at this. Will check my schedule and see if I can make it again this year. Anyone up for splitting a table ?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#3]
We're getting close.

There are several door prizes you could win just for coming to dinner.

The bosses just told me what raffle I get to work at the banquet:

I get to stand and fondle those guns all night and give away all four of them to some lucky winners. It'll be hard to not buy my own tickets, kinda want both Kimbers.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Passing on a memo from our state rep:

It’s almost here, our main event in Louisville will be this Saturday, August 1st, at Triple Crown Pavilion, at 5:30.  Please join us for an awesome night of Food, Fun, Fellowship, and Firearms – we’ll have over 40 guns and lots of great merchandise to win on our raffles or buy in our auction!

Tickets are not guaranteed at the door – if you plan to attend, please purchase your tickets on line at https://www.friendsofnra.org/eventtickets/Events/Details/18?eventId=51640 or call John Bender at (407) 580-7736 to place your order.  You can also call John to get a package.

Highlights of the evening include our special guest speaker, and presentation of grant awards to three local organizations.

Last year we raised over $25,000 in Louisville alone to support shooting sports grants, please help us set another record this year so more opportunities can be given in 2016.

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:17:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Great event!  If you've never been to a Friends of NRA event you are missing out!  Lots of fun and lots of firearms to be won!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Leadership is telling me that online sales are still active today.

If you want to have some fun Saturday night, get your tickets! We'll have some at the door but no guarantee as to how many.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm hungry.   Is the food good?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's ok. Nothing special. Just the normal hotel banquet food.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you enjoy Saturday night's event?

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:58:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What event ? I didn't go.

I wasnt up for anything this evening. I spent the day painting, so by this evening all I wanted was a pizza and beer. I wanted to go but I needed to get this painting done. Went last year and had a great time buying tickets and such, plus it's a great fundraiser.

Just to clarify, as far as the food it's as good as to be expected when you have to serve 500 people all at the same time.

How was yours?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:56:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How was yours?
View Quote

My dinner was fine.   I tried to take it easy.   I sought a low stress day and found it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My dinner was fine.   I tried to take it easy.   I sought a low stress day and found it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How was yours?

Good for you man.

Did ya win anything?  I have the worse luck at prize drawings, although I still like to try.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Good for you man.

Did ya win anything?  I have the worse luck at prize drawings, although I still like to try.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How was yours?

Good for you man.

I'm a poor boy.    That is all too rich for my blood.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks to everyone who came.

They're still crunching the numbers but the event was pretty good. Ya'll saw the JROTC Marines and some of the other kids we helped at the banquet, thats why we do this.

I had a lot of fun talking to folks and giving away guns. I got to work the Top 20 raffle and handle some of the best guns we had that night. We ended up giving away I think 52 guns? We had 58 in the room.

I dunno waht it is but you all love to try for chances at those Yeti coolers. We gave away 5 of them. We'll definitely have some more ways to win those.

PS - We know about the sound and the food. Plans are already being made to fix that next year. I literally had volunteers and sponsors come to me for those and offer to step up our game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top