Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2015 4:46:38 PM EDT
Anybody go today and was it worth the trip?
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anybody go today and was it worth the trip?
View Quote

Nope.  I was in and out in 30 min.  Almost bought
a very nice 1973-4 vintage Ruger 1022, but I passed.
I'll probably be sorry, but I have a .308 Garand project
I want to get in to.  

Thin crowd.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 1:40:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Went Sunday -- definitely NOT worth the trip (also not worth the KFEC parking fee, or the admission, even with $2 Off coupon)

The ONLY good thing to be said about it was that it was the first gun show I have attended that put the tables far enough apart for people to walk down the aisles while people were stopped at the tables -- but in this case they did that to try to fill up the hall since there was at least two fewer rows of tables than in the past -- and there was really no need for wider aisles because there were no crowds, in fact it was a ghost town.

I arrived almost an hour after the show opened and I was able to get a handicapped parking space directly in front of the doors, which will tell anyone who knows the Kentucky Fair Grounds that there were almost no one here.

The days of getting great deals at a gun show are long gone, and I don’t expect show vendors to beat online pricing, but I certainly expect them to at least come close to regular gunshop prices — most items that I knew the prices of were being offered for ABOVE MSRP, which puts them well above local gun shop prices. Vendors were complaining that no one was buying, and somehow they couldn’t figure out why no one wanted to pay $270 for a Hi-Point Carbine, $1500 for a DSA FAL, or $15 for Gen2 P-Mags, to cite just some of the Bargains available.

It is ridiculous that I live in Louisville and the only decent gun show around here is the Indy 1500 (130 miles North on I-65) (and that isn’t as good as it used to be).

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Went Sunday -- definitely NOT worth the trip (also not worth the KFEC parking fee, or the admission, even with $2 Off coupon)

The ONLY good thing to be said about it was that it was the first gun show I have attended that put the tables far enough apart for people to walk down the aisles while people were stopped at the tables -- but in this case they did that to try to fill up the hall since there was at least two fewer rows of tables than in the past -- and there was really no need for wider aisles because there were no crowds, in fact it was a ghost town.

I arrived almost an hour after the show opened and I was able to get a handicapped parking space directly in front of the doors, which will tell anyone who knows the Kentucky Fair Grounds that there were almost no one here.

The days of getting great deals at a gun show are long gone, and I don’t expect show vendors to beat online pricing, but I certainly expect them to at least come close to regular gunshop prices — most items that I knew the prices of were being offered for ABOVE MSRP, which puts them well above local gun shop prices. Vendors were complaining that no one was buying, and somehow they couldn’t figure out why no one wanted to pay $270 for a Hi-Point Carbine, $1500 for a DSA FAL, or $15 for Gen2 P-Mags, to cite just some of the Bargains available.

It is ridiculous that I live in Louisville and the only decent gun show around here is the Indy 1500 (130 miles North on I-65) (and that isn’t as good as it used to be).

View Quote

I agree with every word of what you wrote. My experience has been exactly the same.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I rarely buy at a show any more easier to buy on line and have it shipped and parts can still be found reasonably priced I still enjoy going though just in case someone has a bargain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top