Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2015 3:00:02 PM EDT
I have a conference next week in Louisville, I was looking for a place to eat and I found Brazeiros was close to my hotel (The Brown)

Any thoughts on the quality.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#1]
It is in the 4th Street Live! district.    I enjoy it and my guest seem to also.

The Brown is an upscale place with a few dinning options in the hotel.  There are two or more restaurants in the hotel and several all around it within a block.    I would try to have a  "hot brown" there as they are the originators of the KY "hot brown".
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is in the 4th Street Live! district.    I enjoy it and my guest seem to also.

The Brown is an upscale place with a few dinning options in the hotel.  There are two or more restaurants in the hotel and several all around it within a block.    I would try to have a  "hot brown" there as they are the originators of the KY "hot brown".
View Quote

Thanks, already looking forward to trying a "Real" Hot Brown.

The wife is planning on hitting "The Bourbon Trail"
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 4:26:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Several nice restaurants in downtown within walking distance.    Jeff Ruby's, Eddy Merlot's, Morton's, and a revolving restaurant on top of the Galt House called the Revue.

KY is pretty gun friendly.  So, don't forget your gun.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My .02 cents. From Louisville down I-65 to Bowling Green has enough to fill any vacation.

Louisville has about everything from museums, theater, dinner theater, a zoo, underground zip lining and jeep tours, and fine dining, to shooting at Knob Creek and strip clubs.
On down south is Glendale, a whole town built around antique shops and the Whistle Stop restaurant.
Cave City and Mammoth Cave National Park has hiking, caving, zip lining, kayaking, and several little tourist shops.
Bowling Green has the Corvette Museum, the Corvette factory, Lost River, and Beech Bend racetrack/amusement park, and water park.

Lots to see and do.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You will have to look most of this up, as I am trying to do most of it off the top of my head.    My memory is my weakest trait.

Around Louisville:

Louisville Mega Cavern

Belle of Louisville tours and dinning

The dinner train

ZOO

4th st live dinning area;   Louisville Clock ,  The Brown Hotel (Home of the KY Hot Brown)

Tourist sites and  Attractions on main include :  Louisville Slugger Field - the Bats minor league stadium, Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory ,  

Within the West Main Historic District  : The KY Center, some boxer's center (Ali maybe)   (OK, the Muhammad Ali Center -  There, I said it)  , Frazier History Museum ,   Rodin's Thinker   ,    Actors Theatre of Louisville , Flame Run Glass Studio and Gallery  (actually on Market St, one St. over from Main) ,   Kentucky Science Center ,  and other places.

Definitely check out and research  THUNDER OVER LOUISVILLE ,   one of the largest  air show and fireworks displays in the US.   Saturday, April 18, 2015

2015-ncaa-division-i-mens-basketball-championship-secondthird-rounds

Close to downtown, check out  : The Big Four Bridge  ,   United States Marine Hospital  (in Portland/West Louisville),   Portland Museum  ,   Kentucky Derby Museum   , Churchill Downs   ,   Frankfort Avenue district, Thomas Edison Butchertown House

For some reason unknown to me, Bourbon tours have become popular.   (Louisville , south east and then back north east to Lexington)

2015-Bourbon-Classic

KY Kingdom Amusement Park

Waverly Hills Sanatorium

Louisville where-go

Not far from Louisville :

WEBN Riverfest Fireworks   in Greater Cincinnati  

KY Speedway is OK.  

Knob Creek Range is a going family trip for the bi-annual machinegun shoot.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#6]
At the intersection of 4th street and Jefferson, there is a Louisville tourist center. I think that is on the south east corner of the intersection.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have electric bus shuttles downtown that cover 4th street north and south and another route that is east/west on Main and Market.

There is an end of the month and a first of the month set of drunk fest for the galleries and pubs/wine houses from downtown to Frankfort Ave.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#8]
The English Grill at The Brown is a must. Vincenzos at 5th and Market and Bucks on Ormsby are pretty good. So is the Oak Room at the Seelbach. Venture out a little and go to The Joy Luck on Bardstown Road (get the duck). It's owned by an Arfcommer.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#9]
If looking to get out of downtown, Vietnam Kitchen beats most of the Asian restaurants.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#10]
It is pretty good.  I took some clients there for lunch and it is a ton of food.  Also check out Jeff Ruby's downtown.... my favorite... :)
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 3:06:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If looking to get out of downtown, Vietnam Kitchen beats most of the Asian restaurants.
View Quote

That place is so nasty dirty!
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Vietnam Kitchen is great.  It isn't dirty at all but the overall experience is definitely more "authentic" than some people may be used to.  Other good Asian places are Simply Thai and Nam Nam Cafe literally right next to each other in St. Matthews and Thai Smile on Preston Hwy.  The best dim sum place is Oriental House on Shelbyville Rd.  In addition to the steak places already mentioned you might also consider Ruth Chris off of Breckenridge.  It is on the 16th floor so the view from the balcony is pretty cool on a clear day.  Also don't forget to try the pizza.  We have an absurd number of great local pizza places in Louisville.  Everyone has a favorite but I like Coal's.  They cook it in a coal fired brick oven and you can get a lot of interesting toppings.  I think they might have a Hot Brown pizza, actually.

As mentioned, the electric buses downtown are free, clean and air conditioned, and usually mostly empty.  If you or your wife want to do shopping in small boutique style shops you'll probably want to walk down the Highlands part of Bardstown Rd.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Vietnam Kitchen is great.  It isn't dirty at all but the overall experience is definitely more "authentic" than some people may be used to.  Other good Asian places are Simply Thai and Nam Nam Cafe literally right next to each other in St. Matthews and Thai Smile on Preston Hwy.  The best dim sum place is Oriental House on Shelbyville Rd.  In addition to the steak places already mentioned you might also consider Ruth Chris off of Breckenridge.  It is on the 16th floor so the view from the balcony is pretty cool on a clear day.  Also don't forget to try the pizza.  We have an absurd number of great local pizza places in Louisville.  Everyone has a favorite but I like Coal's.  They cook it in a coal fired brick oven and you can get a lot of interesting toppings.  I think they might have a Hot Brown pizza, actually.

As mentioned, the electric buses downtown are free, clean and air conditioned, and usually mostly empty.  If you or your wife want to do shopping in small boutique style shops you'll probably want to walk down the Highlands part of Bardstown Rd.
View Quote

It is dirty, it's fucking filthy inside, I live around the corner, my wife loves the place LOVES IT, I saw a roach slow walk across the ceiling while picking up food there before. It's authentic alright.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:38:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It is dirty, it's fucking filthy inside, I live around the corner, my wife loves the place LOVES IT, I saw a roach slow walk across the ceiling while picking up food there before. It's authentic alright.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. I have to agree with this and I like the food there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Not to be tooting my own horn, but I own a restaurant on Bardstown Road called The Joy Luck. Authentic asian cuisine with craft cocktails. The Joy Luck

If you come in, ask for me, Alvin. We can talk arfcom or what not!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top