Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know who's it is but that's a cool old Ford PU!
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

He can jump in and claim it, but he said that thing is edging in on half a million miles!  

It got right up the trails too.  They just don't make them like that anymore.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree, I've always felt that the late 70's Ford's were the epitome of what a real truck should be. I'd love to buy one if I could find one that wasn't too beat to hell or rusted for a reasonable price. I have a '99 Z71 that I'd gladly trade (w/some cash too) for a decent condition late 70's 4WD Ford, especially a reg cab short bed like that one.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Did anyone find a shot shell carrier on the range?  It's aluminum and says AP Classic on the side.  It may or may not have 4 shells in it.  I think my daughter dropped it when she dumped my range bag lol.

Thanks a lot
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 3:42:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a new folding table but haven't seen a shell carrier. I'll keep an eye out and look in the Jeeps.

You bringing the family July 4th?
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got a new folding table but haven't seen a shell carrier. I'll keep an eye out and look in the Jeeps.

View Quote

Definitely!  We're all pretty excited.

Here's what it looks like.  It would have probably dropped along the path between stages.

Link Posted: 6/7/2015 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He can jump in and claim it, but he said that thing is edging in on half a million miles!  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fred Sanford checkin in.  That fine piece of American craftsmanship is mine...er...well...actually we're partners.   I take care of it and it takes care of me.

That old truck and I have been a many a mile far from home in brutal heat, frigid cold, floods, blizzards, tornadoes, deer strikes and strikes from other cars. (That didn't work out well for the other vehicle. It was totaled and after a bit of work to get the front wheels pointed in the same general direction, we came about 300 miles through a 12" snow to get home for Christmas.) We have limped in with bad fuel pumps, blades thrown off fans, taped, spliced and plugged hoses, stripped oil plugs, dead alternators, no brakes, front end pushed back 9 inches on one side and several other things I'm sure I'm forgetting BUT...we got home all but once. (The pick-up coil in the distributor died)

Over the years I have assembled a few key pieces I keep in the tool box and anymore, as long as the pistons don't start swappin holes, I can get 'er to the house.

We have been from Boston to Gainesville and from the Atlantic coast of the Carolinas to Iowa to Petoskey MI to Bentonville, AR.

It does have 434k on it but make no mistake, there is very little left of the original truck. It is the epitome of a Frankentruck.

About every 100k or so, it gets a mechanical going over and as decent body panels are notoriously rare, I just go over the hill and find the best of whatever's there and put it on.

I'm not concerned in the least with its cosmetics. This is my "when you absolutely positively have to get there" rig. Many parts and pieces have been changed to get it set up to do what I needed it to do which is to run up the interstate typically with either no load or a light one relatively economically and still be able to work like an Army mule when called upon as well as go in all weather conditions. It's not a rock crawler but it'll go pretty good.   It'll also run up the interstate at 80 or so all day long with ZERO vibration and drive and stop like a car.

It has a place holder engine in it now (stock 351W) which only gets about 12 mpg. The good engine is also a Windsor but it, like the truck has been adapted to its purpose and though it is a substantially stronger engine in terms of horsepower, it will consistently get 16-17 mpg on good gas. I have it out now to freshen it up. It gave about 100k of trouble free service but I think it was fixin to burn a valve so I pulled it. It has good heads and valvetrain so there's no use just burnin it down.

I never have to worry about thieves either. Hell, I've had people drop off hub caps in the bed at the mall. I think they felt sorry for me.  

Link Posted: 6/7/2015 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, it's official! We're shooting, grilling and swilling on the 4th. Anyone that cares to join us is welcome.

Hillbilly, when you pulled up I nudged the guy next to me and pointed "Now that's a truck."
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Okay, it's official! We're shooting, grilling and swilling on the 4th. Anyone that cares to join us is welcome.

Hillbilly, when you pulled up I nudged the guy next to me and pointed "Now that's a truck."
View Quote

She's a lil ragged right now. Sittin is HARD on things. I'm workin on tail light wiring and such now. 35 year old wiring harnesses are brittle and fragile.  

You might see that ol truck comin over the hill on the 4th.  Be sure to tell everybody that it's not a movin target!  
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

She's a lil ragged right now. Sittin is HARD on things. I'm workin on tail light wiring and such now. 35 year old wiring harnesses are brittle and fragile.  

You might see that ol truck comin over the hill on the 4th.  Be sure to tell everybody that it's not a movin target!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone who shoots at that is damn communist.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Will there be camping again?
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You still aren't getting it.You are welcome anytime.
 I live here and really can't go anywhere due to caring for the dogs. I'm always here  I'm always willing to shoot. You wanna camp, camp.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 on that. I might shoot you but your truck is sacred ground.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fred Sanford checkin in.  That fine piece of American craftsmanship is mine...er...well...actually we're partners.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Fred Sanford checkin in.  That fine piece of American craftsmanship is mine...er...well...actually we're partners.  

So that fine piece of Americana is owned by a guy with the screen name of Hillbilly? Never saw that coming!

Great story about your history with that truck! So what you're say is you're willing let it go for what $2k?

(just kidding you would be an idiot to sell that truck at this point regardless of price)

Quoted:

Cool deal - I think I'll be able to make this one!
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#15]
There's gonna be S'Mores!

I'll lt you guess if that is to tempt Airgunner or PFCDustin's kids.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There's gonna be S'Mores!

I'll lt you guess if that is to tempt Airgunner or PFCDustin's kids.
View Quote

Lol my daughter was about to explode from the sugar last time lol.  I can bring giant marshmallows for smores.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I have it all ready to go. I forgot to bring it out last time.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going to have to bring my 9yr old.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

That folding table is only on loan until my next trip down to the Almost World Famous Jokers Range  Would like to make it down on the 4th for another great day!
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 7:11:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Great! See you then.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Watch the road for Dustin's carrier.  His cart took a spill from my truck on the way to the jungle walk.  

I also need to check my truck.

Any coming in Friday the 3rd?  Or better yet, are we invited to come by the 3rd?
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll bet Dustin is. Monty as well. You are welcome to. If you get in early enough I might put you to work stapling so be careful.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I think I just got a smokin deal on a gen 4 G19.

Gun with 5 rounds through it,, case, 2 mags, all the goodies, a junk holster and 150 rounds to go with it.

$300

How'd I do?
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Watch the road for Dustin's carrier.  His cart took a spill from my truck on the way to the jungle walk.  

I also need to check my truck.

Any coming in Friday the 3rd?  Or better yet, are we invited to come by the 3rd?
View Quote

The bag was closed then so I think that incident was fine. In the lower range area though, I asked my daughter to bring the cart and she got to me with the bag dragging from it with every pocket opened up and totally empty lol. I found gear and medical supplies spread from the canopy to the gas station.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'll bet Dustin is. Monty as well. You are welcome to. If you get in early enough I might put you to work stapling so be careful.
View Quote

I will definitely be there on the 3rd and I'd love to help.  My other 2 kids and wife will be there this time so they can be put to work to lol.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Gun with 5 rounds through it,, case, 2 mags, all the goodies, a junk holster and 150 rounds to go with it.

$300

How'd I do?
View Quote

Horrible, you should cut your losses and sell it to me for 350 lol
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 10:20:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$300

How'd I do?

I'm thinkin a Wilderness instructors belt and a Comp-Tac for a southpaw and I'll be shittin in high cotton.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 11:19:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

$300

How'd I do?
View Quote

I'll take it off your hands for $275. You can walk away with a valuable lesson for only $25.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

$300

How'd I do?
View Quote

I think I hate you!   seriously that's a smokin deal!
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 7:52:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

$300

How'd I do?
View Quote

Wonder where it was stolen from???
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$300

How'd I do?

That's a possibility I guess but I bought it from a marine buddy of mine. He got it from a friend who was in a tight spot money-wise and sold it to me for what he had in it because he doesn't like 9's. He's strictly a .45 guy.

My buddy won't mess with hot shit and neither will I.

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Got a couple videos up.  I'll have more soon but my Internet sucks.

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Nice, thanks,
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Nice, thanks,
View Quote
Yeah, thanks for the additional uploads.

On a side note, have you got many coming on the 4th?

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice, thanks,

Unsure. I have a group of six coming from off Arfcom. Maybe 15-20 counting families. Several possibly coming Friday to camp and make a weekend of it.
At least one coming with his new rifle kit for help assembling it. He shot his first AR at the other shoot.
As always we're dog friendly.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice, thanks,

In the jungle video did you notice the stumble/jump after the very first shot? I think he stepped on a snake.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

In the jungle video did you notice the stumble/jump after the very first shot? I think he stepped on a snake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice, thanks,

I hoped no one would notice that lol  I slipped and almost fell on my ass.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice, thanks,

Seriously, I thought that was some kind of tactical ankle roll that separated the snakes head from it's body all while engaging Ivans with the rifle. Seriously.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:01:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Seriously, I thought that was some kind of tactical ankle roll that separated the snakes head from it's body all while engaging Ivans with the rifle. Seriously.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice, thanks,

That's exactly what happened!
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Unsure. I have a group of six coming from off Arfcom. Maybe 15-20 counting families. Several possibly coming Friday to camp and make a weekend of it.

At least one coming with his new rifle kit for help assembling it. He shot his first AR at the other shoot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:mm)

Nice, thanks,

Well, you can plan on seeing me either Fri or Sat too then.  After the last shoot I upgraded some equipment and I've been spending my weekly range time with a pistol in my hand instead of sitting at the bench recording wind speed and waiting for may barrel to cool.   I need to stand in front of some steel and draw, shoot, reholster, repeat a few thousand times.  Also,  I'll take any more pointers you guys are willing to give.  

Friday actually works better for me but I can come on Saturday as long as I can get back north of Cincinnati around dinner time for some holiday stuff with the wife.  

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Well, you can plan on seeing me either Fri or Sat too then.  After the last shoot I upgraded some equipment and I've been spending my weekly range time with a pistol in my hand instead of sitting at the bench recording wind speed and waiting for may barrel to cool.   I need to stand in front of some steel and draw, shoot, reholster, repeat a few thousand times.  Also,  I'll take any more pointers you guys are willing to give.  

Friday actually works better for me but I can come on Saturday as long as I can get back north of Cincinnati around dinner time for some holiday stuff with the wife.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:mm)
Nice, thanks,

Great! See you then.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#43]
PFC_Dustin connects at 123 yards on first shot (the only one besides yours truly, but I live there). RacyCarr is disgusted.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
PFC_Dustin connects at 123 yards on first shot (the only one besides yours truly, but I live there). RacyCarr is disgusted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz56Bk_P0SQ
View Quote

Oh cool, I thought it was only 108yrds lol.  Yeah his reaction made my week lol.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Oh cool, I thought it was only 108yrds lol.  Yeah his reaction made my week lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, 123 yds, 369 feet for the torso on the right. The one on the left is a little smaller and was at 108 yds.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Several of us were watching him to see how he did.

We were duly impressed!              

Oh yeah, almost forgot    
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey, didnt westernhaikus1 make a hit on his 2nd shot?  You better put him on the short list of studs too.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Hey, didnt westernhaikus1 make a hit on his 2nd shot?  You better put him on the short list of studs too.

View Quote

The cut off for stud was first shot hit.

I guess that means I can never shoot in front of you guys again.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#49]
87 shots isn't too bad
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
87 shots isn't too bad
View Quote

That's about how far in I was until I switched pistols.  

I might try cowboy action next time.  What's the drop going to be on .44MAG from a 12" barrel?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top