Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 3/2/2015 12:33:36 AM EDT
This years shoot will be May 30th. Memorial day is 5/25. If you want to attend and aren't on the list post or IM me.

I'm setting a work day for May 16th. Any local that are willing to help will be appreciated.

The scenarios are set.. The theme is "Daily Life". It's just that things always seem to go sideways.

On the main range when using steel we are close so pistol or pistol caliber carbine only on those. There will be at least 2 carbines for loan in 9mm. If you're using our guns bring some 9mm. Steel droppers can be tuned for 22 conversions as well.
There will be stages where rifles are used. This will be on paper.

One end of the range is set for timed drills. There's a new 6 target plate rack and an 8 plate dueling tree. Friendly wagers are encouraged. There is a $1 limit on wagers. Next to that will be a "Speed Three" pistol and rifle drill. Then a "Near to Far" drill for rifle and pistol. There is a small "plinking range".

The center of the range has "Dog Attack", "The ATM Machine", "Shotgun" and "Screw Your Buddy" (no homo).

The far end of the range has the big scenarios set up. "Crash" is a pistol to rifle home invasion set up. Next to it is "Gas Station" a CCW scene.

Off range in a nearby valley we have "Copperhead Road". This will be a challenge. It will be set up for rifle. The undergrowth is coming in fast. Finding and neutralizing these targets will be                    interesting.

We will meet at the house at 9A for coffee, introduction to my RSO team and a short briefing. Then we throw the gear into a couple of Cherokees and any 4x4 vehicles that show up and move to the range.

Lunch is on the range. Pack your own. Hydration, bring some. Chairs, hats, sunscreen are all nice. Eye and ear pro a must (I have extra. Don't turn around and go home 'cause your forgot your muffs.) Sling, holster, pistol and rifle and mag holders. 9mm if you're using my pistol carbine. A box of 12 gauge birdshot if you're shooting the shotgun drill.

Anyone with an extra shot timer please bring it. It's not a competition but sometimes things just need to be "settled".

Appetizers and dinner will be provided. After lock down (firearms and ammo away) what ever is on tap that evening is made available as we discuss the world's problems. There will be a fire.
Oh, I forgot to mention Everyone gets fed BUT to qualify for the full meal you must ring a steel torso across the valley at 400+ feet, offhand with a pistol. There's a story behind this. You get as many tries as needed but failure earns you a cheese sandwich upgraded to peperoni Hot Pocket and purple drink. Every one makes this shot. Seriously guys, don't sweat this. It's all fun and games (Until someone's eating a cheese sandwich Hot Pocket).

NFA welcome, just get your papers in order. Out of state? IM me now for an address. LEO presence is possible but they're the cool kind. Just don't put them on the spot. Don't put me on the spot. Play nice.

Camping is perfectly fine. There is a 220 and a 110 outlet out back for "campers" and plenty of fields for campers.
Shooting will resume the following morning after bacon, eggs, pancakes and coffee, if anyone cares to.

This invite is open to any that are safe, responsible and  legally allowed to handle fire arms. Due to the scenario type shooting it is NOT for beginners (i.e. never shot before). If you can operate your firearms safely you will be accommodated. If you know some one that wants to learn to shoot you can bring them here just about any other weekend til summer's end.

Recommended gear: Ideally you would have the following gear:

lunch
chair
hydration
hat
sunscreen
insect repellant
good boots or shoes.
camera

eye and ear protection
pistol with belt, holster and spare mag holder or 2.
rifle with sling and mag holder.
3 mags per weapon.
9mm ammo if you want to run a pistol caliber carbine on CQB steel.
enough ammo.

Don't worry if you don't have everything listed.

Also let me know if you're bringing someone for head count.
Potential attendees:
2  Hillbilly69
0  superthinh
2  Luvman
2  jdogs +1
1  Duramaxxman0909
0  ARMED-PILOT
.5  hoboninja
0  kymarkh
0  RotaryJihad
0  mclark202
.5  Liv_C
1  APEMANWITHFERALDOG
0  Rascan
4  Sheepturd
1  Monty
0  Airgunner
2  Masfonos +1
1  Miles_Urbanus
2  Sturmgewehr-JD
1  TheWenisPrinkle
0  KYLiberty
0  flynbye
0  Digital_Chaos
0  MajorJustice
0  corrosionguy
1  Spartikis
1  Superluckycat
2  Localizer11
0  Jetchlger
banshee56 +1
1  Matidas
0  NerdHerder
0  Ridgerunner9876 +1
1.5  westernhaikus1
4  PFC_Dustin +?
1  kallnojoy
0  Dashammer
1  Mamma_Mia
DarkTower
2  RacyCarr +?
2  Cavin+1
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:35:04 AM EDT
[#1]
NM

Never mind
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
No problem.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a blast.

I work out of town a lot but if I'm in the country, I'll be there.  

Thanks much.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads-up and invite.  I am IN!

thinh
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the invite! I'll put it on my calendar!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the invite, I appreciate it!

Unfortunately late May and early June are crazy busy at my company. Sounds like a great shoot but I don't think I'll be able to make it

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the invite, I appreciate it!

Unfortunately late May and early June are crazy busy at my company. Sounds like a great shoot but I don't think I'll be able to make it

View Quote

Once the range is set up it's available almost anytime all summer! Keepit in mind if you want to grab a couple friends and drive down.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the invitation, but I doubt I'll be available.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in as of now. Last several years have been great! Will bring the toys again. Just make sure you have that Benelli dialed in for me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in, barring something I can't foresee happening.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:59:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm in as of now. Last several years have been great! Will bring the toys again. Just make sure you have that Benelli dialed in for me.
View Quote

Chamber was leaded. 15000 rounds will do that I guess. It's clean now.

If I recall you got it last year in three with a service piece, no?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the ignite, will have to want and see on my schedule.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:36:11 PM EDT
[#13]
That's awesome of you to host something like that. I'm south of you in Richmond, I can probably take a day and drive up there. I would like to do something like this with my property. I have 3 pretty good ranges, but they are spread out. If the weather would cooperate I want to make one big one in a location that doesn't need 4wd, and is safe from dead trees.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That's awesome of you to host something like that. I'm south of you in Richmond, I can probably take a day and drive up there. I would like to do something like this with my property. I have 3 pretty good ranges, but they are spread out. If the weather would cooperate I want to make one big one in a location that doesn't need 4wd, and is safe from dead trees.
View Quote

I would love to have you. Come see my set up any time if 5/30 doesn't work. We can shoot and you can steal some of my ideas.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks so much for the invite - am going to try to make it!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it was with the 22lr Benelli again, but correct on shot count.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like the local pistol matches. If I'm welcome to come I'll try to carve out some time and make it up.

I can also try to scrounge up some digital copies of my clubs stage design book. I think its all on paper though.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sounds like the local pistol matches. If I'm welcome to come I'll try to carve out some time and make it up.

I can also try to scrounge up some digital copies of my clubs stage design book. I think its all on paper though.
View Quote

From the OP, "This invite is open to any that are safe, responsible and  legally allowed to handle fire arms."

If somehow you qualify you will be welcomed.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:40:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I missed this last year.

Hoping to make it this year.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I would love to have you. Come see my set up any time if 5/30 doesn't work. We can shoot and you can steal some of my ideas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good. Just don't laugh too hard, I'll be using a beat up 10/22 lol
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:01:14 PM EDT
[#21]
If that's really all you have there is plenty of firepower on loan. Just bring the appropriate ammo.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll shoot a couple of my glocks too. As far as long guns, after 20 years and 20,000 rounds I'm most comfortable with my 10/22. Who knows, I may shoot my AK also.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#23]
This looks like a lot of fun.

I would love to have some idea of where in Kentucky this is.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:53:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Northern edge of Gallatin County in northern Kentucky. Between Warsaw and Verona, 10 minutes from where 71 and 75 meet. Directly under the moon.............now.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#25]
You mention that it's not for beginners - what skill level/experience type do you think is appropriate?

Membership runs out today or tomorrow and my inbox will be way overfilled, so if you need to get in touch with me the "Email User" feature will get through to me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You mention that it's not for beginners - what skill level/experience type do you think is appropriate?

Membership runs out today or tomorrow and my inbox will be way overfilled, so if you need to get in touch with me the "Email User" feature will get through to me.
View Quote

I had a couple people inquire about this. RELAX! If you can operate your firearms safely you will be accommodated. In the past some people brought complete newbies that had never shot before. "Ain't nobody got time for that!"
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#27]
If WAGs are welcome, I'd like to be on the possible attendee list +1.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Good deal.  I've been shooting all sorts of weapons for a couple decades, have participated in some FTXs, etc. but haven't done any formal tactical courses, shoot houses, etc.

If WAGs are welcome, I'd like to be on the possible attendee list +1.
View Quote

You'll do fine. The whole point is to have fun, get to do something you haven't done before and maybe even learn something!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Count me in. This is always a good time and Joker is a great guy. I have been to the last 2 and they were awesome!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Count me in. This is always a good time and Joker is a great guy.
View Quote

There you are! Glad you'll make it. It wouldn't be the same without you.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Technical question.

Due to it's lack of penetration; are we considering subsonic .300blk a go?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Technical question.

View Quote

Absolutely. ARs are welcome, just no high velocity on steel because of the ranges involved and AR400. There will be setups where all targets are paper and carbines are fine. There will be one or 2 setups just for pistol. I'm working on having some AR500 cut. IF it gets done I MAY reopen the jungle lane as a carbine stage.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Absolutely. ARs are welcome, just no high velocity on steel because of the ranges involved and AR400. There will be setups where all targets are paper and carbines are fine. There will be one or 2 setups just for pistol. I'm working on having some AR500 cut. IF it gets done I MAY reopen the jungle lane as a carbine stage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Technical question.

Just to be clear. I was asking about PCC stages.

Thanks btw for doing this and being willing to answer questions.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Technical question.

Clear as mud. What is a PPC?
Some of the stages have steel droppers.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks like a whole lot of fun.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#36]
PCC= Pistol Caliber Carbine
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
PCC= Pistol Caliber Carbine
View Quote

Ah. My llysdexia strikes again. I thought it was a life vest,  an insecticide or maybe a drug.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

So...ya coming?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So...ya coming?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So...ya coming?

Add me to the maybe list depending on work load.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:39:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So...ya coming?

This for me as well.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Its hard to plan without a definitive number guys.

How many targets, staple guns, RSOs, relays and stages, how much food, how much beer, etc.

Let me know when you want to start work on the range Joker and I'll come up. I'd say you are under a foot + of snow right now.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:30:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

How many targets, staple guns, RSOs, relays and stages, how much food, how much beer, etc.

Let me know when you want to start work on the range Joker and I'll come up. I'd say you are under a foot + of snow right now.
View Quote

I have been working on the set up. I think I have some workable new scenarios. Some of the simple ones will be recycled. Scrapped a couple ideas due to safety concerns. Modified a couple (and will continue to do so) to make them better, faster reset and more fun.

I'm trying to reinstate a "Jungle lane" that will allow AR use. You haven't shot that before, I don't believe.
Also new is the 8 plate dueling tree. Bring singles. Betting is encouraged.

I'll certainly let you know when we start working on it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:58:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I have been working on the set up. I think I have some workable new scenarios. Some of the simple ones will be recycled. Scrapped a couple ideas due to safety concerns. Modified a couple (and will continue to do so) to make them better, faster reset and more fun.

I'm trying to reinstate a "Jungle lane" that will allow AR use. You haven't shot that before, I don't believe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love a dueling tree. I will bring $1 coins, Sacagaweas if I can find them.

I am hoping for shotgun stages and transition stages (rifle to pistol).
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shotgun stages sounds fun
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who would be foolish enough to bet against you?

Any stage can be run as a "transition" stage.
Shotguns? I have nothing for shotgun this year. The are so destructive it's hard to paste and reset.

HOWEVER...if'n you really want to why don't you design one and we'll set it up?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Here's the shot for dinner that everyone worries about.

Please note, there is NOT a big red arrow in the field helping you out.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Shotguns? I have nothing for shotgun this year. The are so destructive it's hard to paste and reset.

View Quote

Proof that a shotgun is a room clearing murder machine! Haha, j/k.

I've been to and helped run other matches where the shotguns are used on steel targets, but ONLY with birdshot. No buck or slugs. Plenty to pop steel down but not damaging. Wear eye protection and set your steels further back.

To practice changing round types, cut the center out of a cardboard target. Its kind of the honor system if you get your hits or not with that slug, but it gives you a target without having to totally replace the target after a few hits.

Another option is to let your buckshot targets get shredded. Theres usually some indication of a hit, they wobble a bit as the pellets pass through.

HTH
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I've been to and helped run other matches where the shotguns are used on steel targets, but ONLY with birdshot. No buck or slugs. Plenty to pop steel down but not damaging. Wear eye protection and set your steels further back.

To practice changing round types, cut the center out of a cardboard target. Its kind of the honor system if you get your hits or not with that slug, but it gives you a target without having to totally replace the target after a few hits.

Another option is to let your buckshot targets get shredded. Theres usually some indication of a hit, they wobble a bit as the pellets pass through.

HTH
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HTH

It's always fun to watch someone blazing away from the hip or even from the shoulder, then going up to targets 20 feet away and squinting trying to find one pellet of birdshot on paper.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 8:02:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Northern edge of Gallatin County in northern Kentucky. Between Warsaw and Verona, 10 minutes from where 71 and 75 meet. Directly under the moon.............now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's really close to Hebron where Anderson makes their 33$ lowers. It's only 3 hours from here. What is the latest to RSVP?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top