BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
May have already been posted but what time do the festivities start?
View Quote

9A
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Good news, girlfriends graduation party has been pushed back so I can stay for the whole shebang.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good news, girlfriends graduation party has been pushed back so I can stay for the whole shebang.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Just picked up a 1.75 L of Bourbon.   I don't drink.   But, I strongly suspect others will enjoy it.  

Someone have any of those disposable plastic shot glasses?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just picked up a 1.75 L of Bourbon.   I don't drink.   But, I strongly suspect others will enjoy it.  

Someone have any of those disposable plastic shot glasses.
View Quote

These savages will drink straight from the bottle.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone have any of those disposable plastic shot glasses?

Well, it is alcohol.   That should help kill off germs.    While I don't drink, I do sometimes gargle with whiskey, (usually Seagram's 7 Dark Honey),  and spit.    It is great for a sore throat.    So, it does seem to kill off germs.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:21:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I have about 1000  of those little jello shot cups in the cupboard.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:15:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe I should grab something else to help fill up those cups.     Tequila ?   Vodka?  Or what?  Scotch?   Brandy/Cognac?    I think those are more expensive, but probably not radically?     I like Cognac, but most people don't seem to care for it.    I wonder what people would enjoy in the evenings?

My last drink was around 1997, almost 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Everybody loves free booze
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Almost forgot to send in my 5320.20 so I can take my SBR's over state lines.  Got it out today.  Hope they get off their asses and get it back to me in time.

Ain't freedom grand.

ETA:  I'm bringing my 9mm suppressed SBR if anyone needs a loaner for the CQB course.  Just bring some ammo.  147 grain preferably if you want really quiet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Almost forgot to send in my 5320.20 so I can take my SBR's over state lines.  Got it out today.  Hope they get off their asses and get it back to me in time.

Ain't freedom grand.

ETA:  I'm bringing my 9mm suppressed SBR if anyone needs a loaner for the CQB course.  Just bring some ammo.  147 grain preferably if you want really quiet.
View Quote

Would 115 be ok in it? I've got a bunch of 115 grain, I understand it won't suppress as well though. I've always wanted to shoot a suppressed rifle. If not I can get some 147 grain.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I will be bringing my Uzi smg with suppressor if anyone is interested in using for any of the stages. Please bring factory ammo if you want to try it out. It will function with any 115 grain or 147 grain, both round nose or flat point. My 5320.20's are in hand, about a 3 week turn around Can also bring 22lr or 45acp bolts/barrels if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Would 115 be ok in it? I've got a bunch of 115 grain, I understand it won't suppress as well though. I've always wanted to shoot a suppressed rifle. If not I can get some 147 grain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ain't freedom grand.

It's not my firearm so I dunno.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 7:22:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ain't freedom grand.

115, 124 are all fine.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 7:57:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

115, 124 are all fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ain't freedom grand.

115, 124 are all fine.

Sweet, thanks!
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, since the cat's out of the bag on the CQB surprises, I'll be bringing my 9mm suppressed AR15 SBR and Kriss SBR. 115 and 124 will work, but 147 grain stays subsonic in the 9mm so there is no supersonic crack. The Kriss likes just about anything in 230 grain that I've ever tried, but prefers stuff that's not too dirty or it has to be cleaned up after a few hundred rounds. The can for the Kriss is still in NFA jail, but the one on the 9mm can be moved over to it with a different piston. Of course, the Kriss is so short without the can, that for CQB while wearing hearing protection, I actually like it better without the can out front.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Holy cheet Batman!

Pretty sure I just came a little.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well, since the cat's out of the bag on the CQB surprises, I'll be bringing my 9mm suppressed AR15 SBR and Kriss SBR. 115 and 124 will work, but 147 grain stays subsonic in the 9mm so there is no supersonic crack. The Kriss likes just about anything in 230 grain that I've ever tried, but prefers stuff that's not too dirty or it has to be cleaned up after a few hundred rounds. The can for the Kriss is still in NFA jail, but the one on the 9mm can be moved over to it with a different piston. Of course, the Kriss is so short without the can, that for CQB while wearing hearing protection, I actually like it better without the can out front.

<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/KYLiberty/media/367a4a81-4c30-4bd2-81fe-6cea4bd51ea9_zpsngucdmdx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc250/KYLiberty/367a4a81-4c30-4bd2-81fe-6cea4bd51ea9_zpsngucdmdx.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/KYLiberty/media/54DF5615-C151-41E5-8ECB-DB8AA8EE0F30_zpsyqtqisld.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc250/KYLiberty/54DF5615-C151-41E5-8ECB-DB8AA8EE0F30_zpsyqtqisld.jpg</a>
View Quote

I've always wanted to handle the Kriss in person.  Is the recoil all it's cracked up to be?
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I've always wanted to handle the Kriss in person.  Is the recoil all it's cracked up to be?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/KYLiberty/media/367a4a81-4c30-4bd2-81fe-6cea4bd51ea9_zpsngucdmdx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc250/KYLiberty/367a4a81-4c30-4bd2-81fe-6cea4bd51ea9_zpsngucdmdx.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/KYLiberty/media/54DF5615-C151-41E5-8ECB-DB8AA8EE0F30_zpsyqtqisld.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc250/KYLiberty/54DF5615-C151-41E5-8ECB-DB8AA8EE0F30_zpsyqtqisld.jpg</a>

It's has very little for a 45. It's a lot of fun for CQB or reactive steel. I'd recommend bringing some .45 ACP 230g to the shoot. The 9mm SBR actually has less recoil though with the JP bolt and SCS. Of course, the Kriss is semi since I have no way of purchasing a full auto version of a Kriss. If you ever get a chance to shoot a full auto Kriss, jump on it.

It looks like the CQB stages are going to be really fun. I'm only bringing semi autos, but I'm bringing some cool ones. I'd recommend some .223/556 as well for some of the stages that can handle it.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Well as long as we're posting pics......... I'll be bringing three of these.  Only three because I was too lazy to fill out another 5320.20.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well as long as we're posting pics......... I'll be bringing three of these.  Only three because I was too lazy to fill out another 5320.20.

<a href="http://s136.photobucket.com/user/superluckycat/media/100_4941_zps35d8633b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q195/superluckycat/100_4941_zps35d8633b.jpg</a>
View Quote

Very nice. This should be a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 1:03:36 AM EDT
[#22]
What's the max range for rifle targets?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#23]
That looks like a Trijicon Reflex.   Is that one an ACOG?

Quoted:

View Quote

I have an ACOG like that.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That one is a Trijicon Reflex with the tritium and fiber optics.

I've tried it with a mini ACOG also, but like the reflex better on the Sig 556.

The mini ACOG is perfect on the PS90 though.

The PS90 is next on the list to get SBR'd and suppressed. It just has a barrel shroud hiding the hideous barrel right now. I've been contemplating on if I should bring it to the shoot. It's a lot of fun for CQB, but 5.7x28 is expensive and most people do not have any.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/KYLiberty/media/888920FB-B1A1-481B-8705-8793ACD51B41_zpsvnwzfnga.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc250/KYLiberty/888920FB-B1A1-481B-8705-8793ACD51B41_zpsvnwzfnga.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/KYLiberty/media/IMG_0147.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc250/KYLiberty/IMG_0147.jpg</a>

The PS90 is next on the list to get SBR'd and suppressed. It just has a barrel shroud hiding the hideous barrel right now. I've been contemplating on if I should bring it to the shoot. It's a lot of fun for CQB, but 5.7x28 is expensive and most people do not have any.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/KYLiberty/media/888920FB-B1A1-481B-8705-8793ACD51B41_zpsvnwzfnga.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc250/KYLiberty/888920FB-B1A1-481B-8705-8793ACD51B41_zpsvnwzfnga.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/KYLiberty/media/IMG_0147.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc250/KYLiberty/IMG_0147.jpg</a>

That's a cute little thing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#26]
My Trijicon Reflex is an ACOG.    That Reflex looks a lot like it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Prolly <100 yards.

ETA: Why? Whatcha gonna do different?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Any more info you can share on the work day? I may be able to drive up and help out.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Any more info you can share on the work day? I may be able to drive up and help out.
View Quote

Joker will work us harder then his dogs. Thats right he treats his prized dogs better then human slave laborers. Bring work gloves and don't expect anything other then tepid pond water to drink. Dinner is a cheese sandwich on stale bread. If we get dinner...God help us.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#30]
This is the Trijicon Reflex ACOG I was mentioning.    It is listed as the RX01NSN: Trijicon Reflex 4.5 MOA Amber Dot with Flattop Mount

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Joker will work us harder then his dogs. That's right he treats his prized dogs better then human slave laborers. Bring work gloves and don't expect anything other then tepid pond water to drink. Dinner is a cheese sandwich on stale bread. If we get dinner...God help us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Joker will work us harder then his dogs. That's right he treats his prized dogs better then human slave laborers. Bring work gloves and don't expect anything other then tepid pond water to drink. Dinner is a cheese sandwich on stale bread. If we get dinner...God help us.

One cheese sandwich for the lot! You guys will fight shirtless in the cow pond for the sandwich.

I'll post tomorrow about the workday plan. I'll see what we get done tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Prolly <100 yards.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prolly <100 yards.

My ACR has QD barrels so I'm ganna swap my match barrel for my lightweight barrel and my optic for my Eotech.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My ACR has QD barrels so I'm ganna swap my match barrel for my lightweight barrel and my optic for my Eotech.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prolly <100 yards.

Don't over-complicate things. This is CQB for the most part. I ran tests off hand quick shots with an Eotech and I'm not a rifle guy.

Boyz and their toyz.

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:36:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Don't over-complicate things. This is CQB for the most part. I ran tests off hand quick shots with an Eotech and I'm not a rifle guy.

Boyz and their toyz.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prolly <100 yards.

Boyz and their toyz.

That's my thinking exactly.  I haven't gotten to configure it for some suppressed SBR fun in a while.  I always have to keep it set up for the next match.  But if you had like 500 yard targets, then that's a whole other kind of fun and Id keep it the way it is lol.  So yeah boys and their toys lol.

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 1:27:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's my thinking exactly.  I haven't gotten to configure it for some suppressed SBR fun in a while.  I always have to keep it set up for the next match.  But if you had like 500 yard targets, then that's a whole other kind of fun and Id keep it the way it is lol.  So yeah boys and their toys lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prolly <100 yards.

Boyz and their toyz.

Sadly this property lacks the topography for any long range shooting. I try to compensate.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sadly this property lacks the topography for any long range shooting. I try to compensate.
View Quote

Don't sweat it.

If you try to make an activity "all things to all people" it falls flat.

I'm sure whatever you come up with will be good fun in good company.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#37]
WORK DAY 5/16. Start at 9AM.

Saturday looks to be warm, 40% chance of rain (which is better than the 80% they said yesterday)

I'll need a few guys to help with the following:

1) Mowing and trimming the range. I have an old push mower, riding mower and brush trimmer we'll use. This is rough terrain that eats ~ one mower per year. If a guy or 2 brings an extra string trimmer or 2 that will help.
2) Placement of ~ 80 target stands. As I walk scenarios I need some one to adjust targets to control direction of fire and what can be seen or not seen from where.
3) General clean up of the range (very minor).
4) Road repair (very minor).
5) Copperhead Road set up. This is the one that would kill my decrepit, old ass. If each helper places a couple of targets while I direct from the trail we can spread the work load on lugging the steel up and down the hills. They're only 14 pounds each. I'm just a broken down man.
6) Target testing. Bring a pistol and some ammo. Plate rack and dueling tree still need a little breaking in.

I'll feed you lunch of some sort (refrigerator went out last night. One Jeep isn't running. Dedicated range mower gave up the ghost). Everything is fighting me getting ready for this.
Helping me set up the range shouldn't ruin your fun on the day of the shoot. There will be targets, changes and variations you won't know about until you're shooting.

Post up if you'll be helping so I can plan lunch. I better get busy. I have 4 days to get a mower running, repair my fridge and get the Jeep running. Oh yeah, 12 steel target stands to weld up and a "car" to build.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#38]
If you're still working later on in the day let me know. I have a Boy Scouts fund raiser clay shoot that the company sponsors every year that day.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

WORK DAY 5/16. Start at 9AM.

Saturday looks to be warm, 40% chance of rain (which is better than the 80% they said yesterday)

I'll need a few guys to help with the following:

1) Mowing and trimming the range. I have an old push mower, riding mower and brush trimmer we'll use. This is rough terrain that eats ~ one mower per year. If a guy or 2 brings an extra string trimmer or 2 that will help.

2) Placement of ~ 80 target stands. As I walk scenarios I need some one to adjust targets to control direction of fire and what can be seen or not seen from where.

3) General clean up of the range (very minor).

4) Road repair (very minor).

5) Copperhead Road set up. This is the one that would kill my decrepit, old ass. If each helper places a couple of targets while I direct from the trail we can spread the work load on lugging the steel up and down the hills. They're only 14 pounds each. I'm just a broken down man.

6) Target testing. Bring a pistol and some ammo. Plate rack and dueling tree still need a little breaking in.

I'll feed you lunch of some sort (refrigerator went out last night. One Jeep isn't running. Dedicated range mower gave up the ghost). Everything is fighting me getting ready for this.

Helping me set up the range shouldn't ruin your fun on the day of the shoot. There will be targets, changes and variations you won't know about until you're shooting.

Post up if you'll be helping so I can plan lunch. I better get busy. I have 4 days to get a mower running, repair my fridge and get the Jeep running. Oh yeah, 12 steel target stands to weld up and a "car" to build.
View Quote
I'll be there  my man.  

If the jeep or the mower
has any life left in them I can probably get them running.  I'll bring a
full set of tools (mechanical and farm) and some other stuff  that I think might come in
handy.

Other than that, I'm open do doing anything on your list.

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'll be there  my man.  

If the jeep or the mower has any life left in them I can probably get them running.  I'll bring a full set of tools (mechanical and farm) and some other stuff  that I think might come in handy.

Other than that, I'm open do doing anything on your list.

View Quote

Great. The Jeep my just needs a new battery. Hopefully the mower will be going by then as well. Bring the tools anyway. Like you said they may come in handy.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Ill bring a string trimmer and help move steel.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ill bring a string trimmer and help move steel.
View Quote

Ah, you young studs. I was once like you...

Thanks. I look forward to seeing you guys. It's been a while.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If you're still working later on in the day let me know. I have a Boy Scouts fund raiser clay shoot that the company sponsors every year that day.
View Quote

What time are you thinking?
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure, probably mid afternoon. Depends on how many other teams there are.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Stop on by.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 2:25:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Stop on by.
View Quote

Sounds good, I'll shoot you a text when I get that deal wrapped up.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Bump for a little more help this Saturday. So far we're at 2 plus a "if I can make it."
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#48]
What is the Saturday schedule?   It is supposed to rain on and off.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#49]
I hoping to start ~ 9ish. I've no choice but get wet.

The sole priority is to get targets set for Copperhead Road. If I have to lug all those targets into the woods alone I'll die.
Everything else I can get done on my own in the next 2 weeks.

If  we get that done and it's not pouring we'll move stuff around the range and cut some brush.
I think mowing will be out of the question.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Today: Replaced seized idler pulley, alternator and battery in the backup Cherokee. I now have both range shuttle vehicles running! I dismantled a dying picnic table and used the wood to build props for the scenarios. Repaired the lawn tractor (again) and cut some grass. I cut welded steel for 12 more target stands for the rest of the AR500 steel targets, painted the targets and started assembly. I spent a little time designing the fire ring to be welded Sunday. Now off to the store to buy dog food and Joker food.

It's coming together in spite of constant obstacles!

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top