Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2015 3:09:46 AM EDT
I recently started an organization for firearms education, training, and competitive shooting. I expected a response of just a few people, but I've been overwhelmed in the interest I've received. We will be providing education and training for anyone or any age a skill level. I've taken on children as well. We will be providing support and giving back to the community in an effort to show that this sport can be very enjoyable in a safe and responsible manor. I also want to reach out to the anti-gun community in an attempt to show them that we are not all "crazy gun nuts." I'd love to have an event that offers a chance to watch or participate for this group.
  As a competitive team we will be competing in all types of events ranging from 3 gun to skeet to USPSA. I have already acquired a very, very nice range that provides us with full use of facilities and a set of our very own personal bays for our private use only. It's called AIM or American Institute of Marksmanship located in Cave City, KY (Barren County).
 As of now I have 5 core guys with several others that shoot with us from time to time. We have several great sponsors we are working with and would be nowhere without them. I just wanted to gauge interest and see if anyone may be interested in joining the cause of even just visiting. We're also looking for any other sponsors that may be interested in participating at any degree. I have currently backed this group out of my own pocket with funding and the sponsors for most of the gear. I'm at the point to where I can't contribute any liquid funds currently. Please take a look at our info and let me know if you have any interest in participating or being a sponsor even if it's for something as simple as paper targets. I don't want sponsors to think we're looking for handouts. We advertise for them, post their logos on sites, hand out any info, patches, cards, shirts, etc at competitions and shows, and anything else we can possibly do.

Please take a look and let me know what you think!
http://sokyspartans.wix.com/sokyspartans
https://www.facebook.com/sokyspartans

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#1]
When you say southern Kentucky, where exactly? I'm not in southern Kentucky but I may be interested in making the drive occasionally.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When you say southern Kentucky, where exactly? I'm not in southern Kentucky but I may be interested in making the drive occasionally.
View Quote

AIM is in Cave City.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I recently started an organization for firearms education, training, and competitive shooting. I expected a response of just a few people, but I've been overwhelmed in the interest I've received. We will be providing education and training for anyone or any age a skill level. I've taken on children as well. We will be providing support and giving back to the community in an effort to show that this sport can be very enjoyable in a safe and responsible manor. I also want to reach out to the anti-gun community in an attempt to show them that we are not all "crazy gun nuts." I'd love to have an event that offers a chance to watch or participate for this group.
  As a competitive team we will be competing in all types of events ranging from 3 gun to skeet to USPSA. I have already acquired a very, very nice range that provides us with full use of facilities and a set of our very own personal bays for our private use only. It's called AIM or American Institute of Marksmanship located in Cave City, KY (Barren County).
 As of now I have 5 core guys with several others that shoot with us from time to time. We have several great sponsors we are working with and would be nowhere without them. I just wanted to gauge interest and see if anyone may be interested in joining the cause of even just visiting. We're also looking for any other sponsors that may be interested in participating at any degree. I have currently backed this group out of my own pocket with funding and the sponsors for most of the gear. I'm at the point to where I can't contribute any liquid funds currently. Please take a look at our info and let me know if you have any interest in participating or being a sponsor even if it's for something as simple as paper targets. I don't want sponsors to think we're looking for handouts. We advertise for them, post their logos on sites, hand out any info, patches, cards, shirts, etc at competitions and shows, and anything else we can possibly do.

Please take a look and let me know what you think!
http://sokyspartans.wix.com/sokyspartans
https://www.facebook.com/sokyspartans

View Quote

How does your group differ from existing organizations? Its OK if you're doing the same thing, these groups all do good work! I'm just curious what your goals are.

AIM already has the GRIP program (damn good I want to go again), KPDL is in the region, theres also IPSC/USPSA. If I'm reading this right you're a team rather than a training organization or a competitive club. So you'd do your thing with your team then come compete or shoot at other events, is that right?

Are you for profit? not for profit? Charitable? (In other words are you a 501c3 or simply a sporting club?)

It seems like you're the WalMart of gun groups. Get it all in one place.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#4]
That sounds like a nice setup but it is a bit far from the house for me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

AIM is in Cave City.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AIM is in Cave City.

Can't say I've heard of AIM.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AIM is in Cave City.

http://aimperfect.com/

It's a great facility. I took their GRIP course once and loved it. Its a combination of training and competition shooting, its fun, hard, and educational.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's a great facility. I took their GRIP course once and loved it. Its a combination of training and competition shooting, its fun, hard, and educational.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AIM is in Cave City.

Damn that looks fun, little far for me to become a regular but I wouldn't mind doing that some day.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#8]
AIM itself just let's us use the range. The have a great program in GRIP itself! We help training and educate as well. Like I said, we're normal everyday working guys with families and don't have 24/7 to put into competitions and such, but I would love to be able to. I've been the sole liquid funding for this program thus far. It is non-profit. The sponsors have been great for supplies and such and would be nowhere without them. We've been going for a few months and shot about 7 competitions, but go to everything available within a reasonable distance even if we couldn't get in to shoot. We go to the 3 gun pro am and such just got help our sponsors by handing out promotional items (hats, shirt, patches, stickers, etc) but also out of the passion each of us has for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top