BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would bet it was drug related not knowing anything but the little details provided in news story.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I would bet it was drug related not knowing anything but the little details provided in news story.  
Looking more like it.  Indianapolis resident "stopping by on his way through to Florida."  The guy they arrested is also on the hook for weed trafficking.

In other news... Another shooting in Portland this afternoon.  Not much news yet - not even if it was fatal.
LMPD is on the scene of a shooting at 28th and Bank, according to officials.
According to Metro Safe the shooting victim was found at 16th and Broadway.
Homicide detectives have been called to a scene near 27th and Bank Streets to investigate the shooting, but the victim's condition has not been released.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking more like it.  Indianapolis resident "stopping by on his way through to Florida."  The guy they arrested is also on the hook for weed trafficking.

In other news... Another shooting in Portland this afternoon.  Not much news yet - not even if it was fatal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LMPD is on the scene of a shooting at 28th and Bank, according to officials.
According to Metro Safe the shooting victim was found at 16th and Broadway.
Homicide detectives have been called to a scene near 27th and Bank Streets to investigate the shooting, but the victim's condition has not been released.

Bank to Broadway?  And 28 to 16th?    That, especially in this weather, would require a vehicle.    Something funny somewhere.

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bank to Broadway?  And 28 to 16th?    That, especially in this weather, would require a vehicle.    Something funny somewhere.
View Quote
Bing maps says 40min to walk it without a GSW.  ETA - Story now says vic blk male, 20s, got a ride to hospital, meat wagon met them at 16th. No suspects, "not random"

PS - he's dead, so I think that makes 17 for the year.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to go to 4th street a lot, I live in Florence. Me and a friend were followed all the way back to the Galt house one night, after that I quit going and won't go until Kentucky legalizes carrying in bars.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I used to go to 4th street a lot, I live in Florence. Me and a friend were followed all the way back to the Galt house one night, after that I quit going and won't go until Kentucky legalizes carrying in bars.
View Quote

When was that?

It was apparently before I ever went there, but I gather that things started going downhill there so they started kicking out the dipshits with their pants around their ass and stopped putting up with a lot of shenanigans and things got better after that.  I saw Blues Traveler and a few country acts there with no issues, but for the most part anymore I just avoid downtown Louisville anyway, especially when it's dark.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

When was that?

It was apparently before I ever went there, but I gather that things started going downhill there so they started kicking out the dipshits with their pants around their ass and stopped putting up with a lot of shenanigans and things got better after that.  I saw Blues Traveler and a few country acts there with no issues, but for the most part anymore I just avoid downtown Louisville anyway, especially when it's dark.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When was that?

This was probably a year ago, it wasn't from someone else in the bar area, it was after we walked out and were on our way back to the hotel, 2 guys came off one of the side streets and followed us the whole way til we got close to the hotel then turned around and went the other way.

Edit: On a time before that, me and 4 of my friends watched 2 girls, one super drunk, the other carrying half carrying her, walking towards a parking garage and a guy started following them. We tailed behind and as soon as we saw him go into the garage after them hollered and asked him for "directions" then he left the garage and went another direction.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#7]
One of 4 homicides in 12 hrs in Louisville.    

I'm at the estate in Northern KY right now.  

A shooting on I-71 and 3 others kill in 12hrs?

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow!   This is very different.   Louisville is turning into  a major city.    

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#10]
This weeks LMPD report for my part of town

Some of this is just petty crap. Who the hell steals license plates? Whats the benefit?

I wish they'd list the time of day for this stuff too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Some of this is just petty crap. Who the hell steals license plates? Whats the benefit?

View Quote

You might need a stolen plate for your van, if you are running around shooting people
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Louisville Metro police are on the scene of a shooting in the 500 block of Amy Avenue in West Louisville.

Police say a 10-year-old and a 17-year-old were shot
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Louisville Metro Police officers were called to Liberty Court near 13th Street about 2:30 a.m. Tuesday.  When police arrived, they found a man in his mid-20s on the ground at the housing complex. He had been shot multiple times. The man was rushed to University Hospital where he died.
View Quote

They're calling this #21, but I was sure that they already had 21 and this would have been at least 22 or 23.

As usual, no suspects.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:38:20 AM EDT
[#14]
http://www.lex18.com/story/28247654/teen-and-child-shot-in-louisville-neighborhood

Might be the same story masfonos was talking about.

Warm weather today, I bet there will be two more. I also hate myself for even joking about that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Couple more homies shot up outside the barbershop.

http://www.wlky.com/news/police-respond-to-shooting-on-w-oak-street/31672878

Not life threatening, apparently

ETA
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 8:14:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Couple more homies shot up outside the barbershop.

http://www.wlky.com/news/police-respond-to-shooting-on-w-oak-street/31672878

Not life threatening, apparently

ETA
http://wave.images.worldnow.com/images/6932670_G.jpg
View Quote

Barbershop? On Oak St? Prolly didn't like the fade.

I'm just kidding. . It's prolly drug related.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Barbershop? On Oak St? Prolly didn't like the fade.

I'm just kidding. . It's prolly drug related.
View Quote

It was probably Lester Wallace's guys trying to make a move at turning it into a nudey bar.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#18]
LMPD 6th Div weekly report (PDF)

Break ins and robberies. Must be springtime .
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#19]
http://www.wave3.com/story/28458258/4-students-uninjured-when-bullets-strike-school-bus

Four students were aboard a school bus that was shot at Friday morning, WAVE3.com has learned.

Few details were immediately available, but it's been confirmed the shooting happened near the intersection of 44th and Duncan streets at about 6:30 a.m.

No one aboard bus No. 0830 was injured. The bus was headed to Buechel High School when it was shot at, possibly from another vehicle driving near it.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#20]
A few days ago, a kid (little kid) was shot in a car while a family was traveling.   Now this?

This takes a specisl kind of evil.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A few days ago, a kid (little kid) was shot in a car while a family was traveling.   Now this?

View Quote

Here in KY?

Haven't heard about this one.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Here in KY?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here in KY?

New Albany, may be.    Greater metro area.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here in KY?

Damn, I must have missed that one.

Hope everybody is OK and they figure out what happened.

Anyone have a link to this story. I try to watch as little "news" as possible and seem to have missed this story completely. No luck with Google  
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#24]
http://www.wlky.com/news/jeffersontown-man-charged-with-murder-of-former-foster-parent/31809558?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_campaign=wlkynews&linkId=12908496

According to J-town authorities, Ronshai Jenefor, 21, beat and stabbed to death a man in the 8900 block of Thelma Lane.

The coroner has identified the victim as Stephen Dillard, 55.

Police said Dillard ran a foster home for troubled youth and Jenefor lived in the home.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#25]
http://www.wlky.com/news/one-person-shot-at-44th-and-market-streets/31827422

One person was shot Monday afternoon at 44th and Market streets, according to MetroSafe.

Numbers have been stagnating, only one a week or so.  Nice weather, time to catch up?
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Another one deaded Saturday, one deaded and four more shot today.  I stopped counting and the news isn't talking numbers lately.  What's the score up to?
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 12:49:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Another one deaded Saturday, one deaded and four more shot today.  I stopped counting and the news isn't talking numbers lately.  What's the score up to?
View Quote

There was a homicide at 18th and  Rowan.  While the cops were doing the crime scene investigation and clean up, handgun shots were ringing out due west, probably around 32nd - 35th and Market.  

I really think a lot of the people are idiots.    
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Still not sure what the current score is, but this Derby weekend one caught my eye.  An 18, 19 and 20 year old all helped rob a pair of Canadians in town for Derby, killing one of them.  Tyrone Thomas, Fahed Abu-Deab and Fatima Abu-Deab.

In addition to his latest lucky 13 charges (including complicity to murder and multiple 1st/2nd robbery), one of the scumbags has previous drug charges.  Go figure.

Here's a head scratcher on one the other fine young "folks".

Charges
#1 MURDER
STATUTE: 09150

#2 ROBBERY, 1ST DEGREE
STATUTE: 12002

#3 ROBBERY, 1ST DEGREE

#4 ROBBERY, 1ST DEGREE

#5 ROBBERY, 1ST DEGREE

#6 ROBBERY, 1ST DEGREE

#7 ROBBERY, 2ND DEGREE
STATUTE: 12003

#8 ROBBERY, 2ND DEGREE

#9 ROBBERY, 1ST DEGREE

#10 ROBBERY, 1ST DEGREE

#11 ROBBERY, 1ST DEGREE

#12 ROBBERY, 1ST DEGREE

#13 ROBBERY, 2ND DEGREE

#14 TRAFF IN CONT SUB, 3RD DEGREE, 1ST OFF - (> OR = 20 D.U. DRUG UNSPECIFIED)
STATUTE: 42570

#15 TRAF IN MARIJUANA ( 8 OZ TO < 5 LBS.) 1ST OFF
STATUTE: 42311

#16 CONTEMPT OF COURTLIBEL/SLANDERRESISTANCE TO ORDER
STATUTE: 02648

BOND: $250
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Bond/Bail is one of most idiotic of all poorly structured social programs.

The more responsible a person is, the more they are penalized.
Trash routinely walks and they have plenty of drug money.
Decent people who own property, have a little savings, and earn a respectable living get penalized.
Those who have no attachment to anything anywhere, sell drugs, and live off government aid get special consideration and given minimal bond/bail.

Super stupid and super common.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I thought it was based on the crime and flight risk.    A junkie lowlife criminal on the hook for murder doesn't seem like they have much reason to stick around, especially when the only skin they have in the game is $250 (or $25?).

Looks like they get some sympathy consideration too.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You might need a stolen plate for your van, if you are running around shooting people
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly what happened to my wife's roommate in college-plates stolen, used in a drive by
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I thought it was based on the crime and flight risk.    A junkie lowlife criminal on the hook for murder doesn't seem like they have much reason to stick around, especially when the only skin they have in the game is $250 (or $25?).

Looks like they get some sympathy consideration too.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
View Quote

One would think.   But, such is not the case.    From what I've seen, probation officers seem to do the evaluations.      The process is a social program.    It is a matter of the more responsible and decent you are, the harder you are hit.    The bigger low life you are, the more consideration you are given.    

Understand that most people don't know how it all works.   Most that have been through the process can effectively communicate how it works, but have learned how to game the system, as with other social programs.

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Guy beat to death near homeless camp?

Isn't that right around one of the ones a few weeks ago?
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Guy beat to death near homeless camp?

Isn't that right around one of the ones a few weeks ago?
View Quote

My neighborhood.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My neighborhood.
View Quote
Stay safe

I lost count quite a while ago and I'm certain the crime map is off bit a fair bit.  They were hitting it pretty hard on the news for a while - I wonder who told them to ease up.  It's bad for business, I guess.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Guy gets ventilated for trying to beat cop with metal rod

African guy, white cop.  Will we see the good Reverend?  
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Guy gets ventilated for trying to beat cop with metal rod

African guy, white cop.  Will we see the good Reverend?  
View Quote

I think the news had to dig pretty hard to find someone dumb enough to think that less-lethal was an option.

Good shoot to all but the most derpy of liberals.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#38]
http://www.wlky.com/news/west-louisville-residents-want-to-see-changes-more-police-due-to-crime/33620760

Residents in West Louisville are speaking out, demanding change after more than a dozen shootings in one week and six homicides in just over two weeks.

So far this year, the city has handled 34 homicides.  The latest comes Tuesday morning, just after 10, at 38th Street and Muhammad Ali Boulevard.  A man has been shot, after what neighbors suspect is a fight with his roommate.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
http://www.wlky.com/news/west-louisville-residents-want-to-see-changes-more-police-due-to-crime/33620760

Residents in West Louisville are speaking out, demanding change after more than a dozen shootings in one week and six homicides in just over two weeks.

So far this year, the city has handled 34 homicides.  The latest comes Tuesday morning, just after 10, at 38th Street and Muhammad Ali Boulevard.  A man has been shot, after what neighbors suspect is a fight with his roommate.
View Quote

Strange our MAIG mayor and the usual west end advocates don't appear to be blaming guns and law abiding citizens. I don't trust them but this is a refreshing change from what I see nationally. Its like they've finally figured out that you have to attack the social problems that lead up to murder rather than the murder itself.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Strange our MAIG mayor and the usual west end advocates don't appear to be blaming guns and law abiding citizens. I don't trust them but this is a refreshing change from what I see nationally. Its like they've finally figured out that you have to attack the social problems that lead up to murder rather than the murder itself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, that and the fact that the Metro government does not care what happens in that zip code. The residents there will continue to vote the same way and for the same people that they have always voted for, no matter what happens. Other neighborhoods need more attention or those residents might vote for different leadership. We can't have that. Just look at the other cities around the country. Detroit, Baltimore, DC and NYC. The whole system is corrupt from the bottom up. A new broom sweeps clean, but the residents of the West End will continue to vote for the same tired and failed policies. Useless politicians get elected and hire useless police chiefs who hire useless police officers or send the good officers to affluent white neighborhoods so those people will be happy.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 1:30:01 AM EDT
[#41]
2x is 2busy with his film shtick to try to get people stirred up about guns lately.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#42]
LMPD 6th division crimewatch report for 6/14 to 6/20

Three firearm thefts in the reported week. That seems high to me.

There also seems to be a few more thefts, and brazen thefts, this week also. I guess the heat is getting to the local choir boys....
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#43]
And Alvin had 3 jacked from his car.

Going to be a long hot summer.  'Protests' when they figure out that FOP pres isn't getting shitcanned?  
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Guess this is why 3rd Div doesn't include crime reports in their crime report emails.  They would be so long it would use up all their bandwidth sending it.

there's a serious problem going on.  Neighbors say several cars have been broken into in the last week.

According to Louisville Metro police, there have been 30 break-ins reported in the 3rd Division
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Man found shot to death in middle of the street in Fern Creek
Police found the body of man in the street near Waltlee Road and Oak Creek Lane around 11:30 Wednesday night. Police say he was shot and died in the street.
"Apparently there's a segment of our society that has no value for human life," said LMPD spokesperson Dwight Mitchell.

You think?    Stop the presses!

Not-guilty pleas entered for pair accused of killing Valley Station teen
Mudd and Byrd are accused of violating Hassler to search her body for stolen drugs, driving her to an area near the Jefferson-Bullitt County line and shooting her.

Suspect arrested after woman shot on Dixie Hwy. near Algonquin Pkwy.
54-year-old Curtis Hayden shot a woman multiple times.
He's charged with assault and possession of a handgun by a convicted felon.

Holy shit!  Criminals break the law? We need more gun laws to keep this from happening again!

Louisville man arrested after police allegedly find 78 needles in backpack
He was arrested and charged with third degree criminal trespassing and possession of drug paraphernalia.

You mean the drug paraphernalia that the taxpayers are paying for the government to give out to these junkie pieces of shit?    In the first week, 57 junkies turned up and collected 1,352 clean syringes and turned in 189 used ones.  To quote Sen. Stivers, “It is my opinion, just to do a handout versus an exchange is purely promoting the use of illegal drugs.”  Brilliant!  Now these fucks have fresh needles and need a fix - I wonder why we're seeing the crime numbers that we are.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 1:26:21 AM EDT
[#46]
And now a 19 year old is murdered in Fern Creek.  An area usually not riddled with problems other than burgs and (unlocked) car break ins.  

But there have been about a dozen guns stolen from unlocked cars over the last few weeks, so this doesn't surprise me one bit.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:35:38 AM EDT
[#47]
What happened?  Did they lock down the 'gun train'"
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Another body found, possibly dumped, in the south end.

Not far from that, two guys were fighting and popping off shots.  Another guy, who I might know, apparently went outside and capped one or both of them.

Busy day for a weekday.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Not far from that, two guys were fighting and popping off shots.  Another guy, who I might know, apparently went outside and capped one or both of them.

Busy day for a weekday.
View Quote

Know as in like "went to Jr. high with" or know as in like "I know dave and this was a good shoot"?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Know as in like "went to Jr. high with" or know as in like "I know dave and this was a good shoot"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Busy day for a weekday.

Know as in acquaintance.  There are a few businesses right there that I've patronized, including one that I hang out at sometimes.  Rumor has it that the guy unrelated to the incident was someone from one of those businesses, some of whom I can guarantee were armed.  With no arrests, I'd assume it was a good shoot.  There isn't much in the news, but the FB gossip machine is humming along.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top