Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2015 9:17:56 AM EDT
The National Gun Day show in Louisville is this Feb. 28th and March 1st. is the show worth a 10 hours trip to ?, also included is the JAG show, what are the best things to look for as any, special events, speakers, displays, other gun shops in the area ?, also where would you recommend staying at ?  Thanks for any advise
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I live about 3.5 hours away from Louisville and have been to National Gun Day a couple of times.  Do I think it's worth a 10 hour drive?  NO.  It has been a few years since my last visit so unless someone can say that the show has changed recently, I thought things were overpriced (as is every gun show these days) and while there was a lot to look at, it was pretty chaotic.  You had to be prepared to pounce on things you were interested in as soon as you saw them.  If you stepped one table away then came back it was most likely long gone.  I am curious to see what others have to say about the show since I haven't been in a few years.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
if you collect military stuff the ohio valley military show is going on the same weekend,at the same place.dealers from all over the world will be there,its a very big show,the national gun day shows are getting to be a joke now,last one i went to sucked big time,if i had not gotten a pass to get in and had to pay the 12 bucks instead i would have asked for my money back,also there is no place close to stay,so id say stay home
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on what you are looking for.  New stuff not so much worth it.  Older firearms (Pre 2000) can still find alot of good deals.  I have had some good luck the last couple of years getting some handguns especially from the 70s & 80s.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The Ohio Valley Military Collectors Show of Shows is right next door to the National Gun Day show.
It is well attended by people all over the world.  However, mostly military related firearms are in there.  The National Gun Day is hit or miss but I wouldn't drive 10 hours for just the NGD show. However, if you collect or like old military stuff then its the place to be.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Ohio Valley Military Collectors Show of Shows is right next door to the National Gun Day show.
It is well attended by people all over the world.  However, mostly military related firearms are in there.  The National Gun Day is hit or miss but I wouldn't drive 10 hours for just the NGD show. However, if you collect or like old military stuff then its the place to be.
View Quote

Slight hijack, would the Ohio Valley Military Collectors Show of Shows be a good place to sell an oddball milsurp rifle (No. 1 Mk. V. Enfield) or are they only other memorabilia and not guns?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top