Posted: 12/11/2014 2:11:01 AM EDT
I am looking for :

A place that offers training for :
CDWL
Women's pistol training

AND

Makes gift certificates available for these training classes

In or around the Lexington, KY area  

(To minimize pointless replies, please do not make suggestions such as TG&G in Louisville.)  

Thank you.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure Bud's has all that you need (but I have never used them).
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#2]
No.   I should have mentioned that they don't.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#3]
http://keepingthepiece.com/

Pretty sure this is Dave from Elzetta's wife.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

That does take a bit to determine exactly what is going on.

From a practical standpoint, $680 per class is a bit rich for me.    I understand the purpose.   However,   I need a place that  has  regularly scheduled  classes from  which to select,  offers  the availability of gift certificates for such classes,  and is in the general vicinity of the greater Lexington area.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

From a practical standpoint, $680 per class is a bit rich for me.    I understand the purpose.   However,   I need a place that  has  regularly scheduled  classes from  which to select,  offers  the availability of gift certificates for such classes,  and is in the general vicinity of the greater Lexington area.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that's a you-and-7-of-your-pals group price.  Normal cost is $85 a head.  I think everyone usually charges state max $75 anyway.

other prices
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:59:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think that's a you-and-7-of-your-pals group price.  Normal cost is $85 a head.  I think everyone usually charges state max $75 anyway.

other prices
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

other prices

I got that...  group instructor for hire.   That is not practical for the situation.     The requirements above are for gift certificates  to be presented to an individual.

All the info seems old.   Who knows what is going on with that entity currently.  

I just need  a traditional  gun range with a training staff... that actually offer the sale of gift certificates for the training mentioned in the original post in this thread.

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 2:30:20 AM EDT
[#7]
There is a Groupon available for a company that does training in Lexington.  They fudged the actual cost so the Groupon barely covers anything.  The Groupon costs $29 and then they charge another $35 in service and range fees.

I attended an advanced CCDW class that Decisive Action put on at Bud's.  They said they were going to offer more classes there but I haven't seen anything scheduled.  The training was excellent.  You could shoot them an email and see if they are offering any classes at Bud's again.  They are based out of Ft. Knox otherwise.

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:15:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if there is anything in or around Rockcastle?

I have heard in recent years on gun forums that there is.   However, I don't know of anything there and no one around there has heard of anything there either.

I really think all the rumors of gun events around Rockcastle is some sort of sick joke.

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have heard in recent years on gun forums that there is.   However, I don't know of anything there and no one around there has heard of anything there either.

I really think all the rumors of gun events around Rockcastle is some sort of sick joke.

View Quote

Was it you or the other guy at dinner that said they went to the wrong Rockcastle?
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Was it you or the other guy at dinner that said they went to the wrong Rockcastle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess I had forgotten about that.   There were at least 2 of us discussing that.  

In this case, the Rockcastle in question is off I75 , south of Lexington and Richmond but north of Corbin and London.
Sure there is nothing there.

Thanks for the reminder.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:51:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Guess I had forgotten about that.   There were at least 2 of us discussing that.  

In this case, the Rockcastle in question is off I75 , south of Lexington and Richmond but north of Corbin and London.

Thanks for the reminder.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the reminder.

The rockcastle shooting center is located near park city/ cave city KY off I-65.

Not really familiar with their training, I have only been there for comps.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The rockcastle shooting center is located near park city/ cave city KY off I-65.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the reminder.

Two completely different places.  That shooting center has to be new.   Not as many people know about it.   It seems that with the naming of the shooting center,  it will certainly confuse a lot of people.     Silly name really.   The place should have been called Mammoth shooting center, Park shooting center, Mammoth Park shooting center, or just about anything other that Rockcastle Shooting Center (RSC).  

In any case, if there was training available with gift certificates for the training in Rockcastle, we could make that work.    That would be about the limit as far we would go.  But, certainly not RSC.    That is on the other side of the state and nowhere near close.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top