Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2014 7:07:36 PM EDT
Yeah, odd question. Anyway, does anyone have any experience or knowledge of places in Lexington that offer laser tattoo removal? Looking for recommendations.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#1]
DAK does it. I do not know anyone that has done it but was talking about it with my dermatologist there. He said it stays booked and the darker inks are the easiest and best removed. He said Yellow was very hard to remove.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 1:52:45 AM EDT
[#2]
What's DAK stand for?
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Dermatology Associates of KY
In their building is BelleAge Medispa. They do the tattoo removal

http://www.belleagespa.com/treatment.html
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 6:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok thanks.

Any info on other places?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm looking for the same thing.  I've heard a lot of horror stories about scaring and blistering so I was hoping to find some first hand reviews of different places.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Had a consultation with BelleAge. The estimate I got from them was quite frankly absurd. And if the price they gave me is actually the going rate, I'll just keep the ink.

Any other experiences with different places in the area?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Just spitballing - How big is the tat you want removed? Could it be covered up cheaper than it could be removed?

I swear I heard something about charities or "pay it forward" type groups that did tattoo removal events. They were focused on gang members though. Maybe search for "tattoo removal charity" on Google.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Consider contacting a plastic surgeon in the area. I can't suggest or recommend any specific drs, but my daughter is a plastic surgeon in NYC, and we just recently had a conversation about this very subject. If the practice has the proper equipment, it may be cheaper to have one of the junior partners take a look at it for an estimate on removal.

Just a suggestion.....
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:04:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Had a consultation with BelleAge. The estimate I got from them was quite frankly absurd. And if the price they gave me is actually the going rate, I'll just keep the ink.

Any other experiences with different places in the area?
View Quote

What was the estimate and how big is the tattoo?  If you don't mind me asking.  

I'm looking to get rid of a hand sized Infantry tattoo that looks about how most Infantry tattoos end up lol.  And maybe enough of my sleeve so that the Army considers it an forearm band.  I also heard it takes a long time to remove, like over a year.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just spitballing - How big is the tat you want removed? Could it be covered up cheaper than it could be removed?

I swear I heard something about charities or "pay it forward" type groups that did tattoo removal events. They were focused on gang members though. Maybe search for "tattoo removal charity" on Google.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Based on the estimate I got from the one place, yes, a cover up would be way cheaper.

Quoted:
What was the estimate and how big is the tattoo?  If you don't mind me asking.  

I'm looking to get rid of a hand sized Infantry tattoo that looks about how most Infantry tattoos end up lol.  And maybe enough of my sleeve so that the Army considers it an forearm band.  I also heard it takes a long time to remove, like over a year.

I have two that are just simple block lettering outlines with black ink, maybe 8-10 inches long, but the actual ink isn't much cuz like I said its just lettering outline with nothing in the middle. They wanted $8,000-12,000 +/- ($400 per tx per tat for 10-15 txs).
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have two that are just simple block lettering outlines with black ink, maybe 8-10 inches long, but the actual ink isn't much cuz like I said its just lettering outline with nothing in the middle. They wanted $8,000-12,000 +/- ($400 per tx per tat for 10-15 txs).
View Quote

Wow. I had no idea it was that expensive.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that sucks.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow, I hate to think how much they are pulling in. Seems I should see what it takes to get into that line of work...
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#14]
$8-$12 per for removal? Holy Hell!

are they lookin' for company insurance policies to cover this?

OUTRAGEOUS!
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:15:15 AM EDT
[#15]
$8,000-$12,,000 Holy sh!t, only if you were stupid enough to get one above the shoulders
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top