Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2014 10:01:03 PM EDT
I'm headed up to do a tour of the Maker's Mark facility and would like to have a good dinner at a local restaurant. I'll be driving up from Clarksville so it doesn't necessarily have to be really close to Loretto, just somewhere along the way. Fancy shmancy or greasy spoon, anyone have any recommendations?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:05:59 PM EDT
[#1]
It is in the middle of nowhere.  Few options.  

Great Tour though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#2]
It's definitely in the middle of nowhere. Only thing I can think of is the Whistle Stop at Glendale. I normally turn off I-65 at the Glendale exit and go east to go to Maker's Mark. If you go west at that exit it will take you to Glendale.

http://www.whistlestoprestaurant.net/
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Could always stop at Cozy Corner  

Sherwood in New Haven is decent.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#4]
There is La-Hay's Red Castle in Hodgenville.  They have been making burgers for 80 years, but they are only open for lunch.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#5]
We ate at the Whistle Stop and the dinner was ok, but the dessert was GREAT. Several people came in and just had the dessert. The Maker's Mark tour was nice and we got to sample some cask strength that isn't out on the market yet. Lay Hays will be on the agenda for our next KY day trip. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top