Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2014 7:45:50 PM EDT
As many of you  know, I work at the Blanchfield Army Community Hospital on FT Campbell. Yesterday while making morning pick-ups I spotted "Jeep29" (or he actually spotted me) while he was being wheeled out of Radiology by one of the Nurses. He told me he had Pancreatitis. I saw his wife later and she said he had been there since Sunday. I knew the nurse pushing his wheel chair worked in the ICU, so on my lunch break I went to the ICU to see him.

He seemed to be pretty sick and in a fair amount of pain. He said they moved him from the main ward to the ICU because the doc didn't think he was responding to treatment as fast as he should. I brought him a few gun magazines I had in my office and gave him my office number to call if he needed anything.

This morning when I got to work I stopped by the ICU to see how he was doing but he was asleep and didn't want to bother him. I know sleep can be hard to come by in the hospital. When I was about to be off for the day I went back up to see him again. He was up and out of bed sitting in the chair watching TV. He seemed to be doing better. We talked for a half hour or so. He said it was ok for me to post on the forum about this.

He wanted me to let you know that everything for the HTF shoot this month at Knob Creek is all set. It should proceed with or without him. He may be able to attend but it's too early to tell right now. He said there was nobody set to cook the food at the shoot yet and he needed someone to take the stuff up there if he can't make it. I told him I could bring the food and stuff since I am local to him.

He did want me to say that if the KY members wanted to kick in for a 300 Blackout AR, that would make him feel a lot better.

Looks like he will be there at least through the weekend. If you are able and would like to, stop in and see him in ICU room #3. He does have his smart phone and a good data signal there so he has been reading ARFCOM some while he is there, so please send him your best wishes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:29:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Hate to hear that news. I hope he makes it to the shoot. Here's to a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 5:39:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Deeply troubling news. Our best wishes and prayers are with him and his family. Get well soon Jeep29!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Hospitals suck. hope you get better and can go home soon.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Get better man.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Hospitals suck!!!  Pancreatitis sucks even worse!!!  The good news is you generally recover but you do have that week or three wondering where that very large truck came from that just ran over you.

God's speed for his recovery and if my medical condition allows I hope to meet a lot of you at the shoot.

This just happens to be around my birthday and I told my wife a visit to the DPMS tent for their scratch and dent sale would really improve my recovery.  

Jeep you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Strike
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Get well soon my man!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#7]
UPDATE:

I stopped in to visit Gary (Jeep29) this morning to find his room in the ICU empty. I asKed at the nurses station about him and they said he had been moved back up to the Ward. That's good news.

I found his room on the 4th floor and visited with him for about 15 min. He seems a lot more like his normal self now. He told me that he may be getting discharged today too. So, Hooray for Gary. Hope he gets sprung today.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome! Here's to a speedy recovery, Jeep!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:49:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Hope for a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Glad to hear he is on the mend, here’s to a speedy recovery so he can
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#12]
News sounds good.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Glad to hear you're out Jeep! Keep getting better!
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#15]
This morning shortly after I got to work, over the PA they announced a code Green on 4AB. 4AB is the ward Jeep was on and a code Green is a combative person. I thought "uh oh, I hope they didn't piss Jeep off".

Turns out, he was already discharged by then.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh, and at first I didn't know what a code green was. Had to look to look on the back of my ID badge to see what it was.

At first I thought it was a code Blue that pissed himself.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I just saw this thread. Damn, I wouldn't wish pancreatitis on anyone. I'm glad you made it through. Mind your restrictions so you NEVER get it again!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Hope you can make the shoot, it will be good to see you up and about!

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:39:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Thank God your better Jeep! Jenn and I were saying our prayers for you.

Jenn and Devin will be at the shoot but I have to work. She's pretty much coming over to see you.

Is there anything you need/want to tell me?

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#24]
It's pretty much just 2 showing this year. the rest of us have to work. Next year I'll have better vacation times set up. This year sucked big time...sucks to have days to spend and not have them allow us to take them when we want.

Anywho...Glad you are getting back on the ground running. Oh, I just finished building a 8" 300BLK SBR upper...I would let jenn bring it but with the 2 tax stamps in my name and all. It's not worth her getting into trouble. I really need a Trust to stick all of them into for her incase something happens to me.

I know you will take care of her...LOL

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top