Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2014 10:11:00 AM EDT
The wife and I are taking a weekend trip to Lake Barkley this weekend and since I don't have access to a decent outdoor range locally (not a fan of indoor ranges), I like to take every opportunity I can to shoot when I travel throughout the state. I see that there is a range at LBL but cannot get a good grasp on where it is located or what the range fees are (if any?). Any info you western Kentucky guys can give me would be really helpful.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:43:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The range is located right on the north side of highway 68 near the Golden Pond Visitor Center. There is a green sign on the road near the entrance.

The range is free and uncontrolled. Any legal firearm may be fired there. The rifle range offers some covered shooting benches and distances almost to 200 yards. The pistol range is about 75 yards. There are no targets or target boards so bring something to shoot at.

The range is pretty popular and expect everything from Bubba the redneck to SF guys from Ft Campbell. Everthing bad you've come to expect from a public range can happen here.

Overall it's not a bad place to shoot and the price is right. There is almost always an old guy there collecting brass. Ask him about a large chunk of revolver ripping through his leg.
View Quote

Awesome! Is there usually an open bench or two or is it pretty packed?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good. I'm not quite sure when we will get out there yet.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the tip! That looks exactly like something she would love! Making reservations now!
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Update: The wife loved Patti's Settlement. We will definitely be returning there. Sadly we didn't end up making it to the range as we just had too much other stuff we wanted to do. Is that beta mag up and running?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top