Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 7:16:51 AM EDT
Heading up to LBL this weekend and can't find a definitive answer regarding ccw in the park.

Some say yes, others say no.

Anyone here know?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Archived thread is #1 result on Google Search of your question.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:20:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Read the thread earlier and called the LBL number.

Thread says yes - folks at LBL say no, thus me asking here.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]
It is illegal to carry a loaded firearm on LBL land.

According to some law enforcement over the LBL, they won't prosecute someone who is legally concealed carrying as long as they're not breaking any other law.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?115002-Lbl&p=1948954&viewfull=1#post1948954

I don't know how well a defense of " I read it on the internet" would be if you were caught and arrested.

Concealed means concealed and there's lots of dangerous people in the woods these days cooking drugs and growing dope.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#4]
If it's unloaded and in the trunk while on property I'll be gtg then?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#5]
It appears that would be allowed. Unloaded and out of reach.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:38:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Read the thread earlier and called the LBL number.

Thread says yes - folks at LBL say no, thus me asking here.
View Quote

Wow, can't say I blame you, then. But consensus seems to be concealed is OK if you're not breaking any laws or generally making trouble for yourself.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:49:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I just gave a lecture to a trail riding group about carrying firearms while riding in Kentucky. I contacted the Law Enforcement Div. that covers the Daniel Boone National Forest in Kentucky. They sent me an email document with their policy. I contacted the law enforcement folks at LBL. Well, she said that they could carry , but not in the open and if they carried open the law enforcement officers at LBL would have an issue with them. She would not send me a document with their policy. OK folks, either you have a written policy or you don't have a policy and if you don't then Commonwealth Law is in force, If you carry concealed on or about your person you must have a valid KY CCDW ( or one we recognize from another state). The state constitution allows you to carry open where not prohibited by Federal , State or local law. So, here is what I told them ( horsemen), as a group contact the folks at LBL and demand a written document containing their policy and do not stop as a group until you find someone high enough that can't ignore the issue. As I always tell my students, get documentation, not someones opinion ( opinion ain't going to help much if any in court.). Not much help, but I know where you are coming from trying to follow the policies of the Fed's and State. Good luck.
BravoCharlie
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:53:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Probably.  To be honest I don't even think you have to go that far.

also you may want to check out http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/kentucky.pdf

According to that page, they received an email in April 2010 from the Manager of communication services of LBL:

3. LBL LE&I also states that the concealed firearms carry permit does not apply to LBL [National Recreation Area] at this time, although the LE officers at LBL will honor the concealed carry permit if there are no other aggravating circumstances. Examples of aggravating circumstances are, but not limited to, violation of the concealed carry permit itself, shooting from a roadway, or shooting outside of the LBL firearms range”.

I'm reading that as... they won't openly allow CCW and definitely won't allow OC, but if you get stopped for say a minor traffic issue, they're not going to use your CCW against you unless you turn it into an issue yourself etc.

Remember KY is a very gun-friendly state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top