Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2014 3:33:33 PM EDT
Haven't seen any threads on the shoot. Anyone have any info what the parking will be like with all the rain we have had.
I'm hoping if it doesn't rain between now and Saturday parking may not be bad . I always go to the fall shoots and want to go to the spring shoot this year weather permitting.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I will be there Thursday through Saturday( I camp). Everyone that I have talked to is bitching about the $5.00 increase in the entry fee. $15.00 a day for shitty parking and too few porta-pots. I think this is a move in the wrong direction. BTW.....kids are $5.00 to get in too. This used to be free 12 and under. I love the shoot, but greed can kill anything. To beat it all, thunder over Louisville is the same weekend.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Haven't seen any threads on the shoot. Anyone have any info what the parking will be like with all the rain we have had.
I'm hoping if it doesn't rain between now and Saturday parking may not be bad . I always go to the fall shoots and want to go to the spring shoot this year weather permitting.
View Quote

Even when it pours rain parking isn't that bad. Bring a truck or 4wd car if you have one. If you don't just don't show up with a lowered, slammed car on race tires. You should know where the tow points on your car are already. If you get really stuck the boys on ATVs will pull you out.

Best tip for parking ESPECIALLY if you stay for the night shoot is be patient. You can sit in your car for 30-45 minutes in traffic OR hang out in your car in the parking lot sipping a soda and having a cigar for 30-45 minutes. Just enjoy the relaxing evening outdoors and wait for traffic to clear on its own.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't make it this time. I like to get there before 9am EST and not walk too far. If the parking guys ask if you have 4 wheel drive, lie, and say nope. Remember this.  Spring= Mud, Fall=Dust (9times out of 10).
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will be there Thursday through Saturday( I camp). Everyone that I have talked to is bitching about the $5.00 increase in the entry fee. $15.00 a day for shitty parking and too few porta-pots. I think this is a move in the wrong direction. BTW.....kids are $5.00 to get in too. This used to be free 12 and under. I love the shoot, but greed can kill anything. To beat it all, thunder over Louisville is the same weekend.
View Quote

I'm not 100% sure on this but rumor has it Kenny sold the rights to the shoot a few years back. Makes sense with some of the changes.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#6]
As of the weekend a bunch of the range area is massively flooded from all of the rain. Hopefully it goes down some.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll be there all day tomorrow and maybe Saturday.  Im up for meeting around lunch for a ribeye sammich if you guys are interested.  I started a thread in GD about twenty minutes ago but so far there arent any guys attending.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#8]
im at the hampton in radcliff right now.

will be there bright and early in the morning.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be carrying around a green AR10 with a for sale sign on it.  Say hi if you see me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll be carrying around a green AR10 with a for sale sign on it.  Say hi if you see me.
View Quote

10-4

ill have a green BCM hat on  with an AR on my shoulder for sale
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As of the weekend a bunch of the range area is massively flooded from all of the rain. Hopefully it goes down some.
View Quote

The lower range area is pretty swampy. I heard the jungle walk is cancelled.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll be there in the morning, with member Brick. I'll have a HK 53 on my shoulder with a for sale sign on it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#13]
So just noticed this from the NRA:

Please join NRA-PVF Chairman Chris W. Cox, U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell and other guests for a FREE Sportsmen's Rally on Saturday, April 12.

Don't miss this exciting opportunity to hear from NRA's chief legislative and political strategist Chris W. Cox and Kentucky's senior U.S. Senator and Republican Leader, Mitch McConnell. This FREE event will be held:
Saturday, April 12, 2014
 10:00 AM
 (gates open at 9:30 AM)

Jefferson County Sportsman's Club
 12100 Waterford Road
 Louisville, KY
View Quote

So Chris Cox and Mitch within convenient driving distance of Knob Creek and Thunder. Wonder which one they'll be pandering at.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:24:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wow and they set up a meeting at a club that doesn't have a great place of a meet.  The old club house is now an archery range.  They have a small trap house that will MAYBE hold 20-25 people.  Not a good location.  Also this is the first I have heard of this not much marketing.  

Heading to KNOB CREEK now how to see you guys there....  I'll be in Green Bay Packer Gear...  

So Chris Cox and Mitch within convenient driving distance of Knob Creek and Thunder. Wonder which one they'll be pandering at.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Please join NRA-PVF Chairman Chris W. Cox, U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell and other guests for a FREE Sportsmen's Rally on Saturday, April 12.

Don't miss this exciting opportunity to hear from NRA's chief legislative and political strategist Chris W. Cox and Kentucky's senior U.S. Senator and Republican Leader, Mitch McConnell. This FREE event will be held:
Saturday, April 12, 2014

12100 Waterford Road
 Louisville, KY

Wow and they set up a meeting at a club that doesn't have a great place of a meet.  The old club house is now an archery range.  They have a small trap house that will MAYBE hold 20-25 people.  Not a good location.  Also this is the first I have heard of this not much marketing.  

Heading to KNOB CREEK now how to see you guys there....  I'll be in Green Bay Packer Gear...  

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:36:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Saturday, April 12, 2014

12100 Waterford Road
 Louisville, KY

As a member at JCSC, I may have to run out there and put a few pointed questions to these gentlemen, our beloved senator, in particular.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll be there Saturday.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Small Crowd today.  Ammo was a little on the high side.  Not much on the reloading powder side unless you needed 50 BMG.  Best deal on upper was outside the pole barn for $390 stainless barrel upper with BCG.  No rain as of yet.  Got there at 8:30 and parked within 100 yards of ticket booth.

Didn't come home with much this time.  Still had fun.  Jungle Walk Cancelled this year due to flooding.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#18]
How was the parking my truck going to get muddy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice day at the Creek.  Picked up a few odds and ends.  CMMG had some very nice uppers. I got one of their new .22 uppers with the key-mod handguard and a stainless bull 18" upper I had been looking for.

Parking was easy today. We drove right in and they parked us up on the hill. Very dry up there, no problems at all. Weather should be even better tomorrow.

Mitch will be at JCSC in the morning. We stopped over this evening and they had the club house set up for them. Didn't look like they expected too big a crowd.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

How was the parking my truck going to get muddy.
View Quote
It was dry today.  I parked in the upper lot near the gate and my boots didnt even get dirty walking back and forth.

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Did you guys notice how low the crowd was today?  I would bet there was 1/2 the people that is normally there on Friday.  There was a ton of ammo and seemed to me that not many were buying.  Makes you wonder if it is because the ammo hoarders are finally stopping and/or the economy is so far in the crapper that no one can afford to even come and those that do arent spending much.

Combining the pole barn and main building was a nice surprise to me.  I didnt go last fall, so I dont know if it was done then or recently.

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I thought the ammo prices were higH.  Didn't buy much this trip.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I wasn't looking for ammo but my buddy was. He thought the ammo prices were not so great. Dealers are often behind the price curve at these things, expecting people to just be happy at getting ammo at any price. Did see magazine prices were down.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:57:30 AM EDT
[#24]
I thought it was one of better events at Knob Creek in a long time. You're right about a smaller crowd, about 75% of usual Friday crowd. Weather was great and the $5.00 increase in price was very incidental. If $5.00 at Knob Creek bothers you, you don't need to be there. ComBloc ammunition was plentiful and, while not cheap, more affordable than in the past. Bought a case of 7.62X39 and case of 5.45X39, new manufacture on both, at a very reasonable price...... Was a great day to be at Knob Creek....
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#25]
What were case prices on ammo?
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Red Army Standard  7.62x39 was $266.00/ case (1080 rounds per cases). Silver Bear commercial 5.45x39 was $378.00/ case (1500 rounds per case. Different vendors. Century International for the Red Army Standard, Military Shooters LLC for the 5.45x39, brand new stuff. They had 7N6 in tins of 1080 rounds for over $400.00 a tin. That stuff is long gone......
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Any updates from today?  Trying to decide if it's worth going tomorrow.

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I live close by and the night shoot is in full swing it sounds like..
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Another great shoot. I enjoy it every six months like it was the first time I visited. Thank you to all the staff who make knob creek fun for the whole family.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#30]
This was my first time. Much better than my local shows as far as parts ect. Picked up a pile of Suomi drums, bits and pieces for my mac, 2k 62gr bullets and a bunch of little stuff. Someone had a pretty good deal on a Dillon 650 as well.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:16:46 AM EDT
[#31]
I got some silver bear 5.45x 39. Parking was not bad I luckily got put in a good spot there were a few bad spots though.
It was not as crowded as the fall shoot last year.

ETA
The mini gun in the middle was the actual gun used in predator. I was talking to them about it and they told me how it was modified for the film.
The gun when firing live ammo has 200 lbs of recoil so I don't think a young Jessie could have handled it like in the film.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This was my first time. Much better than my local shows as far as parts ect. Picked up a pile of Suomi drums, bits and pieces for my mac, 2k 62gr bullets and a bunch of little stuff. Someone had a pretty good deal on a Dillon 650 as well.
View Quote

I saw the dillon set up.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I got some silver bear 5.45x 39. Parking was not bad I luckily got put in a good spot there were a few bad spots though.
It was not as crowded as the fall shoot last year.

ETA
The mini gun in the middle was the actual gun used in predator. I was talking to them about it and they told me how it was modified for the film.
The gun when firing live ammo has 200 lbs of recoil so I don't think a young Jessie could have handled it like in the film.
View Quote

Last shoot and this shoot have been the only time we have been able to park in the top lot for the Saturday shoot. We usually have to park on the street.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#34]
I bought Wolf .223 62gr hp @ $145/500
and Wolf .45 ACP @ $160/500
Saw .22 long rifle bulk at 13 cents/rd and laughed.

We always get good parking now that we have worked out a schedule.
My son and I stay at my fathers house about 30 miles away, Up at 6:00am
and out to breakfast.  Arrive at the creek about 7:30 and sleep in the car til
9:00am.  We then  pay and walk in.  We parked close enough that carrying
the ammo was no big deal.  I hate a long walk out carrying whatever treasures
have been found.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:32:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'll be there in the morning, with member Brick. I'll have a HK 53 on my shoulder with a for sale sign on it.
View Quote

Is that 53 a postie? If so perhaps that was you I spoke with in the parking lot Friday afternoon. The weather was simply the best ever for a spring event and attendance was down IMO both Friday and Saturday.
I sold some stuff and picked up a few things on my wish list so it was a great show for me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#36]
any pics of shooting ?
Top Top