Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#1]
From the second sentence of Patterson's bio page:   "He is an outspoken activist for equal rights for minorities and LGBT persons, and for his strong opposition on violence against women and children."

From the civil rights part of his platform page: "Immigration reform. Peaceful people should be allowed to move freely, with minimal interference."

Again, nothing regarding 2nd amendment rights.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Statement on Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DavidPatterson4Senate2014

Hey everyone, Dave here. I am on a quick lunch break and have to be back by 1. It has come to my attention that some voters are wondering where I stand on the issue of our 2nd amendment and gun rights. I feel this must be addressed immediately, and will have changes made to the web page as soon as possible. My feelings on the 2nd amendment are very simple:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, SHALL NOT be infringed.

If anyone has ANY questions, please let me know.
DP

And two clarifying questions from one of his followers:

As a Senator would you support or oppose national reciprocity? Would you put RKBA ahead of states rights?

David Patterson I am for national reciprocity. Because of the language of the second amendment this is not a state's rights issue.

Be more explicit. Do you support the INDIVIDUAL right to keep and bear arms?

David Patterson Yes, I STRONGLY support and DEMAND that individual rights be recognized and remain uninfringed.

Web page will be updated soon. I'll prod David, maybe he can get an ARFCOM account and have an "ask the candidate" thread!

Link Posted: 5/15/2014 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Web page will be updated soon. I'll prod David, maybe he can get an ARFCOM account and have an "ask the candidate" thread!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey everyone, Dave here. I am on a quick lunch break and have to be back by 1. It has come to my attention that some voters are wondering where I stand on the issue of our 2nd amendment and gun rights. I feel this must be addressed immediately, and will have changes made to the web page as soon as possible. My feelings on the 2nd amendment are very simple:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, SHALL NOT be infringed.

If anyone has ANY questions, please let me know.
DP

As a Senator would you support or oppose national reciprocity? Would you put RKBA ahead of states rights?

David Patterson I am for national reciprocity. Because of the language of the second amendment this is not a state's rights issue.

Be more explicit. Do you support the INDIVIDUAL right to keep and bear arms?

David Patterson Yes, I STRONGLY support and DEMAND that individual rights be recognized and remain uninfringed.

Bravo for his quick response.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

From the civil rights part of his platform page: "Immigration reform. Peaceful people should be allowed to move freely, with minimal interference."

View Quote

I'd like to know more about what exactly he means / intends here.

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I prodded David. It sounds like he's going to sign up for ARFCOM and talk to ya'll directly.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I prodded David. It sounds like he's going to sign up for ARFCOM and talk to ya'll directly.
View Quote

I hope we hear from him. After today's disappointing results, it's going to be a choice between David and Grimes.

Link Posted: 5/20/2014 8:09:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I hope we hear from him. After today's disappointing results, it's going to be a choice between David and Grimes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm from across the river and read this thread with great interest.  Would have been nice to see another Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee which I believe Bevin is.  But I had no say so it is what it is.

The quote above, is why McConnell may very well lose to the D in Nov.  He went to war with the "tea party" which was stupid.  4 million "republican, tea party, conservatives" stayed home in Nov 2012 and the result was Obama.

I'm in Boehner's congressional district.  Wanted that asshole to lose badly.  Ended up with 3-4 other candidates splitting the vote but didn't matter.  It takes a lot of cash and a great campaign to unseat these entrenched assholes.  Boehner will be in congress until he quits or dies.  Hopefully Trey Gowdy will be Speaker........

If you listen to Glen Beck and have heard Bevin explain some of the BS McConnell campaign ads accused him of, you would know McConnell is a liar of the highest order.  Flat out lies.  The MIT thing is one, the bailout thing was another.  Bevin was in a position at a company and his job and fiduciary duty to shareholders was to sign off on the facts of certain reports.  It was a signature that the financial figures in the reports were true and accurate.  Not an endorsement of bailouts.  On MIT, he had listed on his linked in page something about some course taken at MIT campus or something.  He never claimed to have went to MIT etc.  All the stuff very explainable, but hard to put in a 30 second ad after you've been slandered for months.  Repeat a lie often enough, guess what, might as well be the truth.

Anyway, none of it matter now.  I'll go back to Ohio HTF now.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 4:05:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 4:29:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top