Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2017 7:38:20 AM EDT
i dont want to say broken into, because i left it unlocked, but i came out this morning to my entire center console dumped into the drivers side seat as well as the rest of the compartments opened up. nothing was taken that i can see, GPS and easy pass are still there. im wondering if the motion light came on and they took off in mid rummage.

still quite unsettling that someone was in my property while we were asleep.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 7:53:08 AM EDT
[#1]
That sucks. I remember how I felt years ago when my stereo got stolen out of my car.

Time for some cameras.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:16:29 AM EDT
[#2]
game cam is going up tonight. we have had issues at other houses in my neighborhood

never thought it would be ours
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like Montucky meth heads...a very rare breed!
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:27:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like Montucky meth heads...a very rare breed!
View Quote
they're everywhere
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i dont want to say broken into, because i left it unlocked, but i came out this morning to my entire center console dumped into the drivers side seat as well as the rest of the compartments opened up. nothing was taken that i can see, GPS and easy pass are still there. im wondering if the motion light came on and they took off in mid rummage.

View Quote

What town?  What type of area?

I live out in farmland, but always leave my old, crappy daily driver unlocked.  I keep nothing in it of any value.  Would rather they steal the owner's manual and fire extinguisher without having to smash a window to get in.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:23:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I live out in farmland, but always leave my old, crappy daily driver unlocked.  I keep nothing in it of any value.  Would rather they steal the owner's manual and fire extinguisher without having to smash a window to get in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

uncasville, nice neighborhood which is well lit.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Spring, summer and fall is the burglars favorite times of the year to take mid nite strolls through neighborhoods in search of unlocked vehicles !!! Friends car was stolen this morning in Watertown and another friends 2 cars were rummaged through on Saturday morning in Wolcott Keep them Doors Locked !!! Seen videos of 3 to 5 individuals walking around with backpacks going to every car to see if they are open to rob at 3 am
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Bunch of car, garage, and home burglary's in Columbia and Lebanon last week.  Even broke into a Hartford cops house and stole guns, including his duty weapon!
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#9]
That blows, very annoying feeling. I had someone go through my truck years ago in Enfield. They didn't take anything either, I think it was kids just lookin for cash or something. They moved my iPod but didn't take. Maybe they were paranoid or something. They rummaged a dozen or so other cars too.

We have security cameras and an alarm at our new place. And I lock everything up tight.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#10]
my wife had the same thing happen to her SUV about a month ago. Took change, a pair of sunglasses and a few gift cards. all in all it was a cheap lesson to always lock everything. There was a bunch of the same thing throughout town over a few weekends. Burlington for reference.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:56:31 AM EDT
[#11]
This is a rampant problem to any town with a highway running through it. For reference, I work in Glastonbury, and we get hit around once a week. Cars that are left unlocked, with keys are entered/stolen. Recovered in Waterbury, New Britain, New Haven, and Hartford.  Stolen cars are used to go out at night, and then dumped when they find a new one. These are kids 16-20 ish years old. People still leave their cars unlocked no matter what info we put out.

And, "no pursuits for property crimes" makes it even more difficult
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#12]
This has happened to me twice. Once a couple years back when we lived on Coventry Lake and again a couple months ago at our house in Glastonbury. Both times the cars were unlocked, the center console and glove box were dumped but the only thing missing was change and a couple packs of smokes. Nothing of value was taken so I didn't even bother to involve the authorities, just asked around the neighborhood to see if anyone else had the same thing happen.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:59:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Happened to me twice.  Sucks.

Get Cameras.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 12:14:48 AM EDT
[#14]
They got 12 cars on my road. Including my 3 in wolcott a month ago or so.

2 dirtbikes from a garage down the street

Then another car few nights ago.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:27:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
where the fuck have you been
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Work is busy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Going through trucks in other parts of the state...

Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he got wrapped up in a glory hole ring and barely escaped
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is a rampant problem to any town with a highway running through it. For reference, I work in Glastonbury, and we get hit around once a week. Cars that are left unlocked, with keys are entered/stolen. Recovered in Waterbury, New Britain, New Haven, and Hartford.  Stolen cars are used to go out at night, and then dumped when they find a new one. These are kids 16-20 ish years old. People still leave their cars unlocked no matter what info we put out.

And, "no pursuits for property crimes" makes it even more difficult
View Quote
It's always great when some has their unlocked car entered, doesn't change their behavior, only to have their car stolen a couple weeks later. 

Lock your cars, CT. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top