Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2017 2:17:24 PM EDT
I know I can order online but was wondering if anyone knows of a shop that carries a good selection of Magpul products. Would rather give locals the business first
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know I can order online but was wondering if anyone knows of a shop that carries a good selection of Magpul products. Would rather give locals the business first
View Quote

Cabelas had a decent selection of magpul stuff, park city tactical also had a lot of tacticool stuff.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Cabelas is really the only place that sells nearly everything, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Police Tactical in Cheshire had a decent supply of Magpul stuff when I stopped there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#4]
dupe
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies !! Will have to check out the tactical store in Cheshire. Cabelas does have a good selection but not the Mossberg mlok forend I am looking for my 590 Shockwave
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:38:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies !! Will have to check out the tactical store in Cheshire. Cabelas does have a good selection but not the Mossberg mlok forend I am looking for my 590 Shockwave
View Quote
I want one badly.  Post pics when you get that forend on
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I know Greyson's usedtacould have a bunch of Magpul stuff. Been a while since I've been there, though. Wouldn't expect too much has changed, though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:30:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Just order it online. A $30 purchase from a local business will do more for the state (tax wise) than the local business your trying to support.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#9]
First, Cabelas IS NOT a local business.  It is a chain store, and I would rather buy on-line at a discount, then feed that beast.  However, it is nice to actually have the item you are buying in hand.

Second, I kinda thing that Greysons is going under.  Was there a few weeks ago, and the stock is severely depleted, and there is a definite "going out of business" vibe!  Some handguns in the counters, a few rifles on the wall, but lots of empty space.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I am mixed about Cabelas. It is nice having a store like that for when you are in a pinch or just need one box of ammo.

I buy the 20% off gift cards, use a coupon and wait for a sale to buy powder and primers. Then the prices beat mail order.

On the other hand their prices on stuff is ridiculous, especially clothing.

Guns in the library are usually ludicrous and their other guns are priced ok. They do have good sales but the buying process is so painful I can't do it again. Took hours to get my Ship-to-store gun transferred. If I did not save almost $400 off I would have walked out and left it there.

I would not be surprised if Cabelas packs it in when their obligation to the state expires.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Love Cabelas !! A few years back cabelas and Chevy had a promotion that if you test drove a vehicle they would send you a 50 dollar gift card. So I took a couple test drives and a few weeks later 11 gift cards showed up at my door !! Went down and bought a new just out that year Glock 19 Gen 4 for 75 bucks out of my pocket I've also made some good purchases in the Bargain Cave and the staff is helpful at times. Unlike Hoffmans that I went to last week that was empty except for 2 people shooting in the range and I still could not get service or even asked if I needed help !!
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Love Cabelas !! A few years back cabelas and Chevy had a promotion that if you test drove a vehicle they would send you a 50 dollar gift card. So I took a couple test drives and a few weeks later 11 gift cards showed up at my door !! Went down and bought a new just out that year Glock 19 Gen 4 for 75 bucks out of my pocket I've also made some good purchases in the Bargain Cave and the staff is helpful at times. Unlike Hoffmans that I went to last week that was empty except for 2 people shooting in the range and I still could not get service or even asked if I needed help !!
View Quote
Damn thats awesome! Im another Cabelas lover. Currently have $1200 in Cabelas points on my CC.

I just don't buy anything there without a coupon, its that simple (unless Im in a bind then I don't mind paying extra because I need it now, like a boat part or something). Its nice being able to go down the street and get what I need, no hassle, no frustration, no searching. Just go there and they have it almost guaranteed. Their employee pricing sales are great, as are their tiered coupons. $20 off $100 or whatever they are are great for collecting ammo. Coupled with the 5% off for the Cabelas Card.

Right now 300 rounds of PMC with a Cabelas plastic "ammo can" dry box is $105. Cabelas card brings it down to $100, then $20 off coupon.

300 rounds and a dry box for $80. You can't beat that, or at least I haven't been able to.

To each their own, and if it annoys you that it is "over priced" Id tell you to consider this: you can drive to 4 or 5 different local gun shops and still possibly not find the Magpul item you want. Or, you can save yourself the trouble and just go to Cabelas and be almost guaranteed they have it. Replace "Magpul part" with anything else and its the same story, fishing gear, clothing, boating, camping equipment, cooking stuff. They have it all under one roof. So are you paying "extra" or are you paying for the convenience of not waisting two days driving around, fuel etc looking for that "thing", whatever it may be.

Then its up to you to be thrifty and not pay extra, anyways.

I pay "extra" for LLBean clothes because it comes with a lifetime warranty. Most of Cabelas stuff does, too.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Damn thats awesome! Im another Cabelas lover. Currently have $1200 in Cabelas points on my CC.

I just don't buy anything there without a coupon, its that simple (unless Im in a bind then I don't mind paying extra because I need it now, like a boat part or something). Its nice being able to go down the street and get what I need, no hassle, no frustration, no searching. Just go there and they have it almost guaranteed. Their employee pricing sales are great, as are their tiered coupons. $20 off $100 or whatever they are are great for collecting ammo. Coupled with the 5% off for the Cabelas Card.

Right now 300 rounds of PMC with a Cabelas plastic "ammo can" dry box is $105. Cabelas card brings it down to $100, then $20 off coupon.

300 rounds and a dry box for $80. You can't beat that, or at least I haven't been able to.

To each their own, and if it annoys you that it is "over priced" Id tell you to consider this: you can drive to 4 or 5 different local gun shops and still possibly not find the Magpul item you want. Or, you can save yourself the trouble and just go to Cabelas and be almost guaranteed they have it. Replace "Magpul part" with anything else and its the same story, fishing gear, clothing, boating, camping equipment, cooking stuff. They have it all under one roof. So are you paying "extra" or are you paying for the convenience of not waisting two days driving around, fuel etc looking for that "thing", whatever it may be.

I pay "extra" for LLBean clothes because it comes with a lifetime warranty. Most of Cabelas stuff does, too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This Times a billion. Plus the kids love the fish, taxidermy, and shooting gallery. Plus if they are real good they can get a candy or fudge. How could anyone possibly not love that lol. Well maybe communists.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:43:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Last time I needed some little Magpul nonsense that I didn't want to wait for I think I went to JoJos.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top