Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2017 11:54:25 AM EDT
Somali Pirates VS Ship's Private Security Guards
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty cool. Think they wear cams for evidence of engagement?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like they maybe tried to scare them off at first, those first shots were pretty wild. I'm surprised the pirates kept at it, they were being shot at from a fortified elevated position with zero cover lol. The shots the security team made after initial contact were definitely aimed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like they maybe tried to scare them off at first, those first shots were pretty wild. I'm surprised the pirates kept at it, they were being shot at from a fortified elevated position with zero cover lol. The shots the security team made after initial contact were definitely aimed.
View Quote
Height of sights over bore got him. Look at the railing.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol, he tags the shit out of that railing.

Did any of them have optics?

Its like cheating compared to being on land. You get positive confirmation of impact on every round from the splash. I feel like I could have done a better job walking rounds in from the hip.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Looked at it again on the comp, your definitely right. 
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Its like cheating compared to being on land. You get positive confirmation of impact on every round from the splash. I feel like I could have done a better job walking rounds in from the hip.
View Quote
I feel the same way! These guys must have pretty good training to get the job (i.e. ex mil contractor) so I'm not jumping to any conclusions, but it does seem pretty off? 

ETA: Maybe they're preoccupied (and rightfully so) with keeping cover. Not only from return fire, but element of surprise when initially engaging too (hence the railing job ).
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#7]
The thump of their skiff as it hits the freighter is sweet=dead pirate captain
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The thump of their skiff as it hits the freighter is sweet=dead pirate captain
View Quote
I was wondering why they didn't turn off, guess not all those rounds went high. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top