Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2017 2:19:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
with link

fuck malloy
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
While I am ecstatic that he won't seek another term, I also am not optimistic about who will be elected.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I am happy to see that he is done, but it would have given us a better shot at a win if he ran again.  Now there is a good chance we will end up with another liberal.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:03:58 PM EDT
[#4]
By not seeking reelection he can totally fuck the state with taxes and not worry about the blow back politically. He's already fucked the state twice (well three times with the PA 13-3) with large tax increases.

He's going to fuck us a third time with tax increases on his way out the door.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
By not seeking reelection he can totally fuck the state with taxes and not worry about the blow back politically. He's already fucked the state twice (well three times with the PA 13-3) with large tax increases.

View Quote
That is the first thing I thought of, when I heard he wasn't going to run again.  The next was, if the republicans can get their head out of their asses, and nominate a viable candidate, we stood a chance against the hated stuttering Dan.

I have no doubt he is going to continue to do what is "best" for the state, until the hour he leaves office.  Then, he will turn the reigns over to whatever progressive liberal the 6 CT population centers elect.??
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:08:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am happy to see that he is done, but it would have given us a better shot at a win if he ran again.  Now there is a good chance we will end up with another liberal.
View Quote
Exactly what I thought.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Nancy Wyman
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#10]
With any luck he'll take a one way trip on Air Lingus and bring his marionette nodding Nancy with him.  He can still do damage and he's already said he doesn't care what anybody thinks.  (as if he ever did)
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#12]
No need for him to run again. He is confident that by the next election he will have run the state completely into the ground.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 6:26:24 AM EDT
[#13]
FDM FDM FDM biggest POS there is, well super close
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:44:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's the first thing I thought of.  He won't have to couch his intentions anymore and, with the campaign gloves off, he'll start to push is agenda harder and harder without worrying about being elected.  While that's bad, there may be something really good that we can use during a campaign.  

As for another liberal governor?  Right now, if you forced me to put money on it, I'd say that we've begun to tip the scales just a hair and I'd predict that we have right now a 51% to 49% chance for at least a Rino if not a moderate conservative.  It will all come down to the candidate and hopefully it won't be another one like Foley, who was a total washcloth.....a wet one at that.  I met him; he didn't leave a good impression.  

Now, I'm no pundit. It's my opinion, however, and I believe that the tide has gone slack and it may just be beginning to turn every so slightly back.  I know, I'm as shocked as you are but if you really look hard, you can see it and even feel it.  There is murmuring.  The people, not the dems or republicans, but the people are just totally disgusted right now. Every town is going back to their residents and preparing them for property tax increases, including my town of Enfield.  Time and time again the residents of the bulk of the communities have rejected regional school budgets yet now Malloy has found a way to back-door the idea using a different theme.  People are sick and tired of hearing that THEY are the problem and must be the solution to the massive budget deficit that the democrats and legislature are looking at.  People are sick and tired of not seeing a full-blown attack on the problem centering on what it costs to run this state because of the massive, bloated pension system and all the other funds that have not been properly funded.  

In my own town, which, btw, has no public say over the budget outside of one or two public hearing where you can voice your opinion, the manager put his finger on it by claiming that we don't have an expenditure problem but an income problem!  Can you imagine that?  That, coming from a town where not once do we hear about employing any cost-saving cuts that may result in layoffs or any other austerity measures but, instead, raises our mill rate.  That, coming from a town which just last year closed a major high school but didn't lay off anyone! Even the principle got a job with some weird title.  This is why we're disgusted.  Out town represents the same attitude that the state has adopted on a much larger scale.  Never go back a nickle but preserve what you have and slather on more.  

It's going to be a battle and hopefully, Malloy will take his gloves off and go bare knuckles.  People are sick and tired of him and his ilk trotting out Newtown and blaming everyone else on major problems he and previous admins have created.  Get a majority in the Senate  and pick a middle-of-the-road Republican governor and we'll be back on our way to some sort of future.  

Gosh.......I've got to stop drinking that Jamaican coffee.

Rome
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's the first thing I thought of.

Rome
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm happy he's pissing off but now I'm worried who might replace him.

Toni Harp?

Joe Ganim? (Arguably preferable over Malloy but he was convicted of corruption while in office.)
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm happy he's pissing off but now I'm worried who might replace him.

Toni Harp?

Joe Ganim? (Arguably preferable over Malloy but he was convicted of corruption while in office.)
View Quote
Ha Ganim could never win!

Give Ganim enough time and he will get himself arrested again for corruption - that I guarantee
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#18]
FDM will not be missed.

Now...how do we convince Martin Looney to run?

A Looney in the Governor's mansion...in CT...its just so...well...right.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Bought a house in Fla. check
Changed my drivers license check
Change my voter registration check
Applied for Fla ccw permit check
Just waiting on wife to get tired of working and we are gone and done with this TAX YOU TILL DEATH state. I will save around $10,000 a year on my property taxes alone!
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Movement on the governors proposed budget. Governor's S.B. No. 787 went "Joint Favorable Substitute" today, what ever that means. Going to fuck us in one way or another to be sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top