Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2017 10:11:20 AM EDT
Anyone have luck with this wind?
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#1]
How much are licenses now ? Almost forgot about the added trout tax stamp ?!?!
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#2]
All the rivers are high as hell, I'll wait until they go back down. I don't pond or lake fish. River fish for trout.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Buddy and I took our boats out on Shenipsit this morning. I've got a 12' aluminum jonboat and he's got a canoe.

It was pretty fucking bad out. My buddy about pissed himself in the canoe, the waves in the middle got up to 12-18".

No fish. I didn't even want to catch one because it was fucking cold and I didn't want to get my hands wet.

Supposed to be 80 on Tuesday I think.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Went out with the boy, 0500 wake up!!! I caught 4 he was sadly skunked. He was tired and cranky from the early wake up. His line spent more time out of the water than in. He thought he could do it so Its him try, he is crashed out in his bed right now. We will likely go back to the 0700 wake up next year .

On a side note, he won the lions club fishing Derby last Saturday and won a new rod and was so excited to use it this morning.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Had a great morning.   Up at 4,

Daughter and I both had our limit in about 30mins.  Wife and other daughter each got one.

Home by 7
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#6]
i went out  got 3 browns. threw all back.  out from 2-7pm

ill go back tomorrow to clean the rest up that are hook shy
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I need hip boots. Something I can hike in. Chest waders are too much sometimes, well alot of times.  Plus it's hard to carry a handgun in waders.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#8]
cant carry over a 22mag on state land without getting caught remember.

i usually wear tall muck style boots or waders.  get a shit 22 for your pocket for snakes and shit.  

i carry my .40 where ever i go. fuck them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I let all the "opening day rookies" go out and scare the fish.  Had my fill of opening day rookies.  Now I go out a few days later after things have calmed down and usually cleanup using my fly rod.  Farmington has gond nuts with the run off of the tributaries.  May wait a few weeks until things subside a bit.  Turned down an opportunity to fish the mighty Marimachi river next week becasue it's too long a drive from CT for such a short trip.  Still the fishing is extremely challenging and it' very cold, windy and icy:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Great catch! :-)
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Does that fish sing "Take me to the River"?
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:39:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I let all the "opening day rookies" go out and scare the fish.  Had my fill of opening day rookies.  Now I go out a few days later after things have calmed down and usually cleanup using my fly rod.  Farmington has gond nuts with the run off of the tributaries.  May wait a few weeks until things subside a bit.  Turned down an opportunity to fish the mighty Marimachi river next week becasue it's too long a drive from CT for such a short trip.  Still the fishing is extremely challenging and it' very cold, windy and icy:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/48221/P4300032-183480.JPG
View Quote
Nice fish
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:59:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/48221/P4300032-183480.JPG
View Quote
Very Nice!
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 5:26:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
cant carry over a 22mag on state land without getting caught remember.

i usually wear tall muck style boots or waders.  get a shit 22 for your pocket for snakes and shit.  

i carry my .40 where ever i go. fuck them.
View Quote
I just read in GD , Ruger is releasing the LCR X in a 3in 22lr  

Fall squirrel/trout, or groundhog.    I don't usually kill snakes, but if I come across any large ones i may consider it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:48:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How much are licenses now ? Almost forgot about the added trout tax stamp ?!?!
View Quote
Trout Stamp?
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#16]
S.B. No. 139
AN ACT CONCERNING THE AUTHORITY OF THE COMMISSIONER OF ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION TO ESTABLISH A TROUT STAMP.
-The Senate bill would authorize DEEP to adopt regulations to create a trout stamp to be purchased, at a cost not to exceed $10, by anglers who wish to fish for trout.

Don't know if it passed.  There's another bill that would make the total fishing license cost, both inland and ocean $7 for anyone 65 and over.  Don't know if that passed either.   I just turned 65 in December so that's good for me, I guess.  

I'm sure someone will know if these bills were passed into law.

Rome
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:54:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
S.B. No. 139
AN ACT CONCERNING THE AUTHORITY OF THE COMMISSIONER OF ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION TO ESTABLISH A TROUT STAMP.
-The Senate bill would authorize DEEP to adopt regulations to create a trout stamp to be purchased, at a cost not to exceed $10, by anglers who wish to fish for trout.

Don't know if it passed.  There's another bill that would make the total fishing license cost, both inland and ocean $7 for anyone 65 and over.  Don't know if that passed either.   I just turned 65 in December so that's good for me, I guess.  

I'm sure someone will know if these bills were passed into law.

Rome
View Quote
Waiting for Sbhaven to post a wall of text......
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I told my wife that I might be able to get a fishing/hunting license in CT for cheap this year.  She said, "Dummy, right now it's FREE!"  Lo and behold she's right and I'm now the happy holder of my free hunting/fishing license for the coming year.  So, the bastards in the gov want to BEGIN charging us old codgers???
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I just read in GD , Ruger is releasing the LCR X in a 3in 22lr  

Fall squirrel/trout, or groundhog.    I don't usually kill snakes, but if I come across any large ones i may consider it.
View Quote
Squirrel is delicious. What's the best way to hunt it here in CT? Is there a separate small game license. I don't have any knowledge of bigger game or anywhere to go so I'll stick to what's easy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I just hit state land.  Small game license is needed.  
I also get the bird stamp incase I come across some birds.

Season runs from Sept 1 to the last day of Feb.  

I love squirrel hunting. No pressure, long season, challenging.  I can't sit still long enough for deer.  Plus I like to smoke my pipe, make coffee and chill in a hammock.  

And as you said delicious.

I usually hunt Naugatuck. SF   it's big and close to home.  Lots of trails and terrain.  Plus some small lakes/ponds.  I have zero access to private land, I work alot and keep to myself.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Went Sunday, plenty of luck trolling roostertails
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top