Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2017 4:35:39 PM EDT
and an application for ammunition certificate was included. Does anybody know why?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#1]
They've got a budget they need to use up.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They've got a budget they need to use up.
View Quote
lol that's probably not far off.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#3]
They want you to let your permit expire and just get the ammo cert?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I need to check into it, but I thought that there was a provision in PA-13-3 or -220 that requires pistol permit/eligibility certificate applications to include information ammunition certificates and large capacity magazine declarations.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know what's happening at the end of that sentence. Can someone unplug JAD for 30 seconds and plug it back in. I think it needs to reboot.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't know what's happening at the end of that sentence. Can someone unplug JAD for 30 seconds and plug it back in. I think it needs to reboot.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah...it's been a little bit of a long day. (that's at me, not you) In fact, I'm probably straight up wrong (partially)

PA 13-3 s. 24(b) commands DESPP to amend firearm credential applications to include a mechanism for declaring large capacity magazines.

I can't find any such requirement regarding ammunition certificate applications. That's probably my misrecollection.

I also took a look at the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies. Though statute allows promulgation of regulations regarding ammunition certificates, I couldn't find any [i.e. non promulgated] nor could I find anything referenced in the regulations regarding pistol permits.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah...it's been a little bit of a long day. (that's at me, not you) In fact, I'm probably straight up wrong (partially)

PA 13-3 s. 24(b) commands DESPP to amend firearm credential applications to include a mechanism for declaring large capacity magazines.

I can't find any such requirement regarding ammunition certificate applications. That's probably my misrecollection.

I also took a look at the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies. Though statute allows promulgation of regulations regarding ammunition certificates, I couldn't find any [i.e. non promulgated] nor could I find anything referenced in the regulations regarding pistol permits.
View Quote
Am I reading that right? We can declare LCM's when we renew our permits?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not any more, unless your a member of the exempted class and retires or separates from their exempted service. The cutoff date was Jan 1, 2014 for the little people to declare their magazines. Here is the specific passage from S.B. 1160:

Sec. 24. (NEW) (Effective from passage) (a) Any person who lawfully possesses a large capacity magazine prior to January 1, 2014, shall apply by January 1, 2014, or, if such person is a member of the military or naval forces of this state or of the United States and is unable to apply by January 1, 2014, because such member is or was on official duty outside of this state, shall apply within ninety days of returning to the state to the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection to declare possession of such magazine. Such application shall be made on such form or in such manner as the Commissioner of Emergency Services and Public Protection prescribes.

(b) In addition to the application form prescribed under subsection (a) of this section, the department shall design or amend the application forms for a certificate of possession for an assault weapon under section 53-202d of the general statutes, as amended by this act, or for a permit to carry a pistol or revolver under section 29-28a of the general statutes, a long gun eligibility certificate under section 2 of this act, an eligibility certificate for a pistol or revolver under section 29-36f of the general statutes, as amended by this act, or any renewal of such permit or certificate to permit an applicant to declare possession of a large capacity magazine pursuant to this section upon the same application.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not without being exempted or separating from an exempted role.

Incidentally, I don't see reference to the LCM declaration on the permit/eligibility certificate application form either.

ETA- I just noticed that the Ammunition certificate application still makes reference to the LCM declaration form (which is irrelevant for most of us). I wonder if they are including them in some sort of effort to attempt to comply with the requirement.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I had to check with attorney/cpa for advise.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had to check with attorney/cpa for advise.
View Quote
Yup, tax paid for this year
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:32:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone know if Troop E in Montville is still processing renewals?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I covered myself.

I have 2 pistol permits

2 ammo permits

1 rifle permit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top