Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2017 7:00:41 PM EDT
What is the best way to ship a hangun ? I thought fed Ex was reasonably priced for shipping a handgun (in the past). Yesterday they told me it was $130.00 from CT to OK, supposedledly it "was required to go 2nd day air per the government" Any suggestions ?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have shipped handguns through Delta Arsenal ($40 outbound xfer and shipping fee) and Jo-Jo's ($50 outbound xfer and shipping fee).
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What is the best way to ship a hangun ? I thought fed Ex was reasonably priced for shipping a handgun (in the past). Yesterday they told me it was $130.00 from CT to OK, supposedledly it "was required to go 2nd day air per the government" Any suggestions ?
View Quote

If you verify their FFL you could just ship it and skip the dealer/transfer
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:28:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Either go to an FFL to ship it, They can do it cheaper, or use ship my gun.

Click me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Either go to an FFL to ship it, They can do it cheaper, or use ship my gun.

Click me.
View Quote

What's the catch with that?

$19.99?

Does actual shipping cost extra?
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What's the catch with that?

$19.99?

Does actual shipping cost extra?
View Quote

There are some variables. The site will give you a quote after you enter some info. Budsgunshop owns shipmygun, you are just borrowing their account number for a small profit on their end. The biggest catch is you have to ship it from a staffed Fedex or UPS location. They wont pick it up and you cant put it in a drop box.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:41:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, I punched in everything and it came to $34.95.  

I stopped by my FFL on my way home from work to ask them what it would cost.  
They charge $50 plus shipping, which he said was probably $20.  

So, half the price for me boxing it up and driving 4mi down the road?   I'll take that.  

Does it have to be in a certain box, or is just weight?
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ok, I punched in everything and it came to $34.95.  

I stopped by my FFL on my way home from work to ask them what it would cost.  
They charge $50 plus shipping, which he said was probably $20.  

So, half the price for me boxing it up and driving 4mi down the road?   I'll take that.  

Does it have to be in a certain box, or is just weight?
View Quote

I'm pretty sure you can order a box from them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure you can order a box from them.
View Quote

Yeah, it wasn't very clear, but after I paid they told me they were sending a box and shipping label.  

I'll post feedback once I get and send.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 2:02:39 AM EDT
[#9]
This is great info!!!  
Seems much cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#10]
So, I filled out the info and paid ~$35 for a 5lb box.  

Got an email Monday morning with a PDF of a FedEx label.    (I thought I was getting a box and a sticky label, but I didn't really know).

I had similar size Amazon box lying around (actually like 5) that was similar to the LARGE box in their description.  

Packed it up, brought it over to the FedEx office location.  Made a copy of my license to put in the box for the FFL.  Taped up the box and brought it up to the counter with that shipping label in hand.  The girl at the counter pulled out one of those sticky clear envelopes to put it in.  She slapped it on, printed out another barcode sticker and handed me my tracking receipt.  

It shipped as next day air, so as long as it gets there, I'll definitely use this service again as the cost is half what my FFL wanted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top