User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Again, just saying that "the unlawful use of" something, does not make using it illegal.
View Quote

Lets turn this around a bit. Under federal law, is it legal to possess or use MJ? That is the ultimate question here. Not state law, but federal law.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Lets turn this around a bit. Under federal law, is it legal to possess MJ? That is the ultimate question here. Not state law, but federal law.
View Quote

No ,  It's not federally legal to possess marijuana for medical purposes.

FDA explicitly states, Marijuana is a Schedule 1 for any purpose. Schedule 1 means illegal.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Completely absurd.  

Can't smoke weed, but go ahead and drink that bottle of Vodka or Burbon.  

Neither are my thing, but I don't care what another grown man/woman does.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No ,  It's not federally legal to possess marijuana for medical purposes.

FDA explicitly states, Marijuana is a Schedule 1 for any purpose. Schedule 1 means illegal.
View Quote

Right, know that. What I was asking was is it legal to possess? And the answer is no, generally it is not under federal law. So logically how can one "use" a drug without possessing it (or someone possessing it) first?

This whole discussion is just beating a dead horse and beating language to death. The ATF form has been modified to say what it now says with respect to MJ. One can answer NO if they so desire to question 11.e and if ATF or someone else finds out one lied on the form then one can potentially expect a visit from the law. This entire issue is/has been litigated in Wilson v. Lynch. With the Ninth Circuit issuing their opinion upholding the ban last year: http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2016/08/31/14-15700.pdf

We may not like that ruling (I don't because they used intermediate scrutiny when dealing with the 2nd Amendment) but currently that's what at least one federal court has ruled.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Where did I say anything about possession? For that matter, where does the 4473 mention it?
Eta: just read the new one, it mentions possession,but not to the effect that it cganges the context of the question.

So, you've never:
Drank alcohol
Drank coffee
Smoked a single cigarette
Taken a painkiller

Yup, all drugs (and proven more addictive and dangerous than a joint)

You guys are so quick to jump down someone's throat, when it comes to gun laws, but carry that same opinion when it's something you are unfamiliar with or against. Sounds like a group I know

If you would take a second and see how positive an effect marijuana can have on someone, you love dearly, that has a seriously debilitating disease, you might get it. A drug that, to this day, have proven to have no serious side effects. You're all blaming the drug and not the ones abusing it. Just because of this, you're willing to take away that person's right to own a gun and defend themselves, and possibly their family? Bunch of hypocrites.
View Quote

Your taking this way to personal.... do you even interwebs bro
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:21:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Nutter is good people
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nutter is good people
View Quote

Let's not get ridiculous.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:04:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So logically how can one "use" a drug without possessing it (or someone possessing it) first?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nutter is good people

Like me... Don't like me.... I honestly don't care, my world keeps a spinning either way

This banana is for you

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:00:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Since we can't agree on the interpretation of the law (go figure ), I'm gonna leave this here.

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse.

Patent US6630507

How can the Gov't classify this drug as Schedule 1 when they own the patent on it's medical use?????

From the Patent:
"Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties"
"The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants"
"No signs of toxicity or serious side effects have been observed following chronic administration of cannabidiol to healthy volunteers, even in large acute doses"

Wait, what? Not only is it being recommended as a medical drug, but there are no serious side effects? And this was all written on behalf of the US Government? This can't be!

<p style="text-align:center">UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Drug Enforcement Administration
In The Matter Of
MARIJUANA RESCHEDULING PETITION
Docket No. 86-22
OPINION AND RECOMMENDED RULING, FINDINGS OF
FACT, CONCLUSIONS OF LAW AND DECISION OF
ADMINISTRATIVE LAW JUDGE
FRANCIS L. YOUNG, Administrative Law Judge
DATED: SEPTEMBER 6, 1988</p>

Chief Administrative Law Judge Francis Young determined:
"Marijuana, in its natural form, is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man."
"The administrative law judge recommends that the Administrator conclude that the marijuana plant considered as a whole has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States, that there is no lack of accepted safety for use of it under medical supervision and that it may lawfully be transferred from Schedule I to Schedule II [of the federal Controlled Substances Act]."

The Devils lettuce is in fact Kale, simply masked by the governing farmer.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:22:46 AM EDT
[#11]
No one is arguing benefits of weed or not. Well maybe we are.

Point is they are enforcing it here in CT.
ETA Anything to gun grab from us the people
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Since we can't agree on the interpretation of the law (go figure ),
View Quote

Its not our interpretation of the law, its the ATF's and SLFU/DESPP's. It doesn't matter what you or anyone else here thinks the law says its what SLFU/DESPP/ATF thinks the law means. And right now a person (if the OP's story is accurate) cut up his firearm rather than risk being arrested because of a government organization's interpretation of a federal law/statute. The person could have chosen to fight it out but they (in some ways understandable) chose not to.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's my opinion on pot.

I DO think it has some medical uses. Some might be actual, medicinal effects, and other might just be the "it makes ya' feel good, man." placebo effect, which is in itself a good thing. (Dying? In agony? Depressed? Maybe it'll make you feel less shitty.)

Recreational use? Arguably less harmful than tobacco and alcohol! Why the hell isn't it legal federally?

HAVING YOUR 2A RIGHTS TAKEN AWAY, even if it's LEGAL in your state, or HAVE A FUCKING PRESCRIPTION FOR IT?

ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT!

Legalize it. Get rid of the "prohibited person" status for using it. Give anyone who's a prohibited person already from pot use their 2A rights back.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:39:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't have sympathy for illegal aliens.  They are committing a crime.

I don't have sympathy for illegal drug users.  They are committing a crime.

If you can't accept a law change it, or move to another state or country.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Lol of course I use "authorized" drugs all the time. For that matter I think all drugs should be legalized. You must have missed the Mr. Mackey reference, it's all good mkay. But seriously why would anyone think this wouldn't happen regardless if it was right or wrong?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:21:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't have sympathy for illegal aliens.  They are committing a crime.

I don't have sympathy for illegal drug users.  They are committing a crime.

If you can't accept a law change it, or move to another state or country.
View Quote

I somewhat agree with you. However, it's not a crime in the state of CT to possess a limited amount of marijuana, it's a violation...aka speeding ticket.

However, the state has selectively applied Federal law to gun ownership and someone lost their 2nd amendment right.

The state however, has chosen a stance to not support federal laws pertaining to illegal aliens as highlighted by Malloy.

Seems chaotic to me. Conflicting if you will.

Point is , they will go out of their way to confiscate a gun but allow lawlessness in other situations
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Point is , they will go out of their way to confiscate a gun but allow lawlessness in other situations
View Quote

I understand your point.

They not only allow lawlessness, they are currently PROMOTING it with this so-called "sanctuary" outlaw cities shit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Can you be arrested for being grumpy ALL the time?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:23:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Can you be arrested for being grumpy ALL the time?
View Quote

No, but you can be arrested for picking on someone.  I want my mommy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No, but you can be arrested for picking on someone.  I want my mommy.
View Quote

smoke some pot .....it might help with grumpiness
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:07:12 AM EDT
[#21]
late to the game here, only read the OPs post but.....  wtf?  sawed in half?  that's fucked up, just hide it and tell the state you sold it a while ago to someone online, shipped it to an FFL, you don't remember where.

also side note, that's not a legal demil according to the ATF anyway so technically speaking that could still be considered a firearm.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
late to the game here, only read the OPs post but.....  wtf?  sawed in half?  that's fucked up, just hide it and tell the state you sold it a while ago to someone online, shipped it to an FFL, you don't remember where.

also side note, that's not a legal demil according to the ATF anyway so technically speaking that could still be considered a firearm.
View Quote

Question, if the state wants to destroy your AR15 rifle can you just take the upper off, take out the lower parts and give them the stripped receiver ? State wanted to destroy my friends AR15 when he passed away because he did not have a will and they would not let his dad take possesion of the rifle. Ended up selling it to a LEO friend in the state.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#23]
How are you going to hide it? It was an "AW",(eta a registered post ban) they know you have it. Why risk purgatory by lieing.
If you have the AR, I would absolutely take all parts off of it before surrender.
If they have it, you probably can not, idk?
Looks like a castle nut wrench in the letter pic
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:38:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Sell it to a .mil.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
People have to know that illegal drugs and firearms don't mix. If you are doing illegal drugs and you own firearms, you run the risk of confiscation. You have to pick one or the other
View Quote

raw truth
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

raw truth
View Quote

look at line i. if you got caught once, you are not buying anything.
http://www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/dps-67-c.pdf.pdf
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Question, if the state wants to destroy your AR15 rifle can you just take the upper off, take out the lower parts and give them the stripped receiver ? State wanted to destroy my friends AR15 when he passed away because he did not have a will and they would not let his dad take possesion of the rifle. Ended up selling it to a LEO friend in the state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, the receiver is the firearm, that's the ONLY controlled part.  many don't get this and surrender entire guns like idiots.

your LEO friend was able to get a letter from his department saying he was allowed to buy it?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Either light up or leave me alone!
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Slight correction: if you get CONVICTED. Caught just means you were arrested for it; an arrest doesn't necessarily mean you did anything wrong. Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Slight correction: if you get CONVICTED. Caught just means you were arrested for it; an arrest doesn't necessarily mean you did anything wrong. Ask me how I know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And paying the ticket is an admission of guilt.  I think
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only if you're not good people.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good thing we are good people
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1st  The charge referenced on the DPS-67-C form is the misdemeanor not the infraction.
2d   The FBI actually does (claims to) use recent pending drug related charges to trigger a NICS deny on the unlawful user basis.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

yes, the receiver is the firearm, that's the ONLY controlled part.  many don't get this and surrender entire guns like idiots.

your LEO friend was able to get a letter from his department saying he was allowed to buy it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes Sardo, he got a letter from his chief saying he can take possesion of the rifle with all the I.D. #'s , called it into the state with no issues at all. Wish I, a peasant could do that !!! Counting the days to exodus !!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#35]
_____
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top