Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2017 6:25:54 PM EDT
He wants to cut state funding of Resident Troopers and charge the towns which use Constables.

http://www.newstimes.com/local/article/Malloy-plans-to-pull-resident-trooper-funding-10932593.php
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#1]
On Tuesday, this subject was brought up with DESPP.  Malloy was looking to charge towns more for provided resident trooper.  The rural reps ask if DESPP had done Feasibility study on this.   These reps wanted know how far the state can push until towns dump their resident troopers in favor for their own PDs.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
"Resident state trooper salaries range from $134,000 to $205,000 annually depending on their rank..."

Whoa!  I didn't realize state cops were paid that much.  I think it is way too much.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:56:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow. That is bank. Neither did I
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:44:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On Tuesday, this subject was brought up with DESPP.  Malloy was looking to charge towns more for provided resident trooper.  The rural reps ask if DESPP had done Feasibility study on this.   These reps wanted know how far the state can push until towns dump their resident troopers in favor for their own PDs.
View Quote

Or just dropping the resident state trooper altogether and relying on troopers assigned to the local troop  to take calls. Norfolk and several other towns decided to do that last time the state raised the town's cost share. (Since 2015, the cost share is 85% IIRC)
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, the annual salaries are a bit exorbitant. Especially when you consider that they're given a company vehicle (insurance and fuel paid for) and uniforms. That's, at least, another $10k/year.
I understand a lot of the calculated salaries include OT pay, but if there is that much OT, why not employ some more officers? Unless, the majority of that OT is for road crews, security, etc. In which case, there's a job market for others, including some specialized training.

Malloy is seriously out of his mind. He just keeps grabbing at our money, in a furious attempt to spend it on anything and everything, unnecessarily. By the time his tolls are in-place, there won't be anyone else in this state with incoming income, that isn't state supplied. people will be traveling through NY state, to cut across Mass, in an attempt to avoid the New England "Hole".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top