Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/8/2017 12:49:30 PM EDT
Malloy to increase pistol permit fee from $70 to $300, and initial 5 year from $140 to $370..

Isn't that discriminatory?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link to info?

When does it go into effect?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Malloy to increase pistol permit fee from $70 to $300, and initial 5 year from $140 to $370..

Isn't that discriminatory?
View Quote

Do you know how many other fees are going to go up?  A bunch.  Just because it's the one you like, doesn't make it discriminatory.  It sucks but there will be much more onerous things against your money beyond a PP fee by the time this budget is over.  He is going to speak right now on his proposed budget.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Details are being released now. The sources of that was @ctnewsjunkie.  This is just a Malloy proposal.

The discrimination comment I asked was more socioeconomic discrimination.

Plan to be out of CT in less than 8 months so no renewal for me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#4]
That's ridiculous
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you say "mag tax".

I can't wait to find out my car registrations going from $90 for 2 years to $2,000 for a week.

FDM!!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Channel 8 news reported it as well.
Wtnh

ETA smokers are fucked too
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Why do you all hate capitalism?

Services will be priced to what the market will support. If you don't like it go to a cheaper state with less services.

"Muhh gunzz muhh rightzz!"
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#8]
this is not capitalism. the amount increased for the renewal is not right.  it is robbery.
now, if it went up 20-50 bucks, fine. but over 200?  give me a fucking break, thats insane. but he knows us gun owners will just continue to pay, without hesitation for years to come. its how we are, we dont get our voices heard, we dont do anything, we just sit back, let it all roll, saying we care saying we will fight for our rights, but look at the picture. this isnt going to stop. CCDL? NRA? no where to be found. all quiet, with all the donations myself and others do regularly, its pathetic.  at this note, hes "not my governor" do i get to not follow his rules as the libtards are doing with "not my president"?

just like with my trade license for example. $120 for a year with a paper card in ct. $60 for 2 years with plastic card in RI. can you explain that? yea, RI is smaller state, less population etc, but the price difference shows that ct is money hungry and always will be.

the gov is trying to bail out the debt by targeting simple things that we all do or need or want to have. its not right to price gauge things at the rate they are. but a small increase ill be okay with. but holy shit, get their spending in order. what the fuck.

its wrong to do, and we are being targeted and singled out i feel, as i said before, knowing we will just continue to pay it and keep our mouths shut.

its just, they want to target people for their habbits and wants/needs. its not right at the rate they are going.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm still pissed about the trout stamp stacked on my fishing license fee.

You want poachers this is how you get poachers.

The money from licenses goes into enforcement stocking and habitat improvements. Fewer folks say fuck you no license, less money coming in for these.
Laffer Curve. The Law of Diminishing Returms.

Maybe the should trim the judicial budget...
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Services will be priced to what the market will support. If you don't like it go to a cheaper state with less services.

View Quote

That has nothing to do with capitalism.  

It is not even a service that they are providing. Other than the two seconds it takes to print the card on a dollar's worth of materials, they provide no service.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

This isn't capitalism.

"Capitalism - an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state."

Malloy's poor handling of our economy and subsequent gross over taxing of citizens he deems undesirable is sickening and should not be tolerated. 
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#12]
FUCK DM
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:24:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This isn't capitalism.

"Capitalism - an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state."

Malloy's poor handling of our economy and subsequent gross over taxing of citizens he deems undesirable is sickening and should not be tolerated. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't capitalism.

Sarcasm 
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It is not even a service that they are providing. Other than the two seconds it takes to print the card on a dollar's worth of materials, they provide no service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See below 
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sarcasm 
View Quote

Well in that case, you suck at it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sarcasm 

Is that sarcasm? 
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sarcasm 
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sarcasm 

Hahaha I missed this as sarcasm as well. What I find most interesting about CT and pretty much the country as a whole, is that things like this and his budget proposals are globally accepted. I know I shouldn't be but I am continually astounded as to the stupidity or lack of caring the general public has.
Next election I am all in on voting straight line D with Malloy as my number 1 draft pick!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Do you know how many other fees are going to go up?  A bunch.  Just because it's the one you like, doesn't make it discriminatory.  It sucks but there will be much more onerous things against your money beyond a PP fee by the time this budget is over.  He is going to speak right now on his proposed budget.
View Quote

Good to know that your with us counselor.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Time to challenge it in court as discriminating charges aimed at discouraging the poor and as a tool to discourage exercising a god given right.

What a fucking cesspool this state is.

Truly fucking is a shithole.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#21]
[b]Quoted:[/b

View Quote

Ground breaking, innovative, I like it!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:18:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

But are any of the other individual fees and taxes going up more than 200%, or in this case something like 400%?

If it is passed it will price out people from the lower economic strata from being able to legally obtain a pistol permit. If he is also proposing to raise the pistol permit eligibility permit fee as well by 400% then it will make legally obtaining a handgun for some next to impossible due to financial cost. Raise it enough and price out a large enough block of people I'd hope the courts would step in and put an end to using a fee to restrict a right which is what this appears, on its face, to be.

If this increase does make it into a bill and is pushed by the usual gun grabbing Democrats we have a very good argument that they are punishing minorities and the poor by jacking up the fee 400%. Hopefully it will be enough to scare otherwise normally fence sitting 2A Democrats who in the past, prior to 4/4/13, gone against more gun control.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

But are any of the other individual fees and taxes going up more than 200%, or in this case something like 400%?

If it is passed it will price out people from the lower economic strata from being able to legally obtain a pistol permit. If he is also proposing to raise the pistol permit eligibility permit fee as well by 400% then it will make legally obtaining a handgun for some next to impossible due to financial cost. Raise it enough and price out a large enough block of people I'd hope the courts would step in and put an end to using a fee to restrict a right which is what this appears, on its face, to be.

If this increase does make it into a bill and is pushed by the usual gun grabbing Democrats we have a very good argument that they are punishing minorities and the poor by jacking up the fee 400%. Hopefully it will be enough to scare otherwise normally fence sitting 2A Democrats who in the past, prior to 4/4/13, gone against more gun control.
View Quote

That's the angle to push when writing your reps.

Tell them they are discriminating against minorities.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]Quoted:[/b

Me too. I hope they do, especially since I don't work for judicial.  Nice try though.

As for being with "you" I'm just pointing out a fact.  I'll have to pay the PP too eventually.  My point is the budget is going to cost you a lot more money besides $230 for a permit.  Towns are going to lose funding for education, which will be reflected in your property taxes.  My taxes just went up and will go up again.  A lot more than $230.  Thanks for a math lesson but a percentage increase proves nothing here.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:53:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Meanwhile he's wooing an NHL team, talking about millions being spent to renovate the XL Center, heard something about extending a railway to RI, like what is existing isn't already crumbling.

Yard Goats.

Busway from one city with no jobs to another city with no jobs.

Lost GE, losing Aetna.

More people leave than enter. And of the people entering, few are contributors.

IDs for illegals.

The ignorant twat genuinely things he can spend his way out of a deficit.

LORD TRUMP SAVE US!!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I've been thinking....
The shitty part is, if he can raise it 400% and we all still pay it, that shows we can still afford it. What does that mean? he'll increase it even more,until the point where permit holders will slowly decline due to the price, which indirectly leads to gun control without banning or taking rights away further than it already has. Which now he is discriminating lower income individuals by not being able to afford the permit to posses and carry a gun.     Maybe that's his goal with the 400% increase.

I can tell you, I'll keep paying for it but there will have be some emails made by all of us including those CCDL morons on FB, and NRA should be involved.

We shouldnt have to pay for this type of right we have,  but at least it was affordable and reasonable before, if this does go through.

It's racist and I'm offended. I feel like I'm being targeted as a minority.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#28]
The motherfucking illegal aliens should be rounded up, and deported before Hartford charges us one fucking dime!

This commie shit hole has become a ghetto sewer.  

FUCK DAN MALLOY AND EVERYONE OF HiS COCK SUCKING HOMO BUDDIES.

THIS PLACE BECAME A TOTAL SHIT HOLE LONG BEFORE THIS BUDGET.

I HOPE I HAVE MY FINAL MAJOR HEART ATTACK SOON THAT KILLS ME.

FUCK THIS STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Meanwhile he's wooing an NHL team, talking about millions being spent to renovate the XL Center, heard something about extending a railway to RI, like what is existing isn't already crumbling.

Yard Goats.

Busway from one city with no jobs to another city with no jobs.

Lost GE, losing Aetna.

More people leave than enter. And of the people entering, few are contributors.

IDs for illegals.The ignorant twat genuinely things he can spend his way out of a deficit. LORD TRUMP SAVE US!!!!
View Quote

Much like California, this state is beyond saving. We have passed the tipping point.

I have no problem with increases that are commensurate with the consumer price index and inflation with some caveats.

The main caveat is responsible spending. Wasting money on an NHL team, again,  is not being responsible with our money.I guess we didn't learn from the Whalers. Neither is a busway between 2 dead cities, a new baseball stadium to replace a perfectly good one and so many silly projects. Meanwhile we have criminals, yes illegal immigrants are criminals, getting driver licenses, voting and marching on the capital demanding free education.

While the money wasting is an endless list, some of which we have no clue about, we have companies like GE leaving and Aetna considering leaving. When a company like GE leaves to move to MA you know CT is fucked. I remember the days when we used to laugh at MA and call it taxachusetts. Now they laugh at us.

I have to pay more to exercise my guaranteed right, pay more at the gas pump than states surrounding us, pay more in property tax, possibly pay tolls, and more for just about everything. Meanwhile the idiots that have run our state into the ground vote themselves a raise like nobody in the "real" world gets. It take me 4-5 years to get a raise like that. Those assholes should be taking a pay cut.

I am afraid by the time I can get out of here my house will be impossible to sell. Who is going to move here? I will continue to fight, vote the right way and hope the decay is slow enough I can make it to retirement or a transfer, and go somewhere else. I don't really want to but I am afraid I have no choice once I retire.

I feel like I am living in bizarro world. At least we got rid of the worst blunder this country ever had and have Trump trying to help us. We need a Trump to come to CT and save us.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#30]
He's a piece of shit.

We deserve what we elect.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Me too. I hope they do, especially since I don't work for judicial.  Nice try though.

As for being with "you" I'm just pointing out a fact.  I'll have to pay the PP too eventually.  My point is the budget is going to cost you a lot more money besides $230 for a permit.  Towns are going to lose funding for education, which will be reflected in your property taxes.  My taxes just went up and will go up again.  A lot more than $230.  Thanks for a math lesson but a percentage increase proves nothing here.
View Quote

I don't recall where your name was mentioned in the op's post. Narcissist much?

Thanks for the profound suggestion that other effects will be subject to a hike. It's CT big fella, most things take a bump on a semi regularly basis in this utopia. It's not like we have a fiscally responsible crew at the helm.

BTW I'm sure that most of us here can find a creative way swing the $300 if push comes to shove. The point is it's a little thing called principle. The fact is they revel in targeting firearm owners and let no opportunity go to waste.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I've been thinking....
The shitty part is, if he can raise it 400% and we all still pay it, that shows we can still afford it. What does that mean? he'll increase it even more,until the point where permit holders will slowly decline due to the price, which indirectly leads to gun control without banning or taking rights away further than it already has.  
View Quote

Exactly this, a calculated way to start suppressing the rights of people.  Much like the Berkeley students suppressed the freedom of speech with their rioting last week.  The difference is they did it with unruly behavior and violence.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I don't recall where your name was mentioned in the op's post.  Narcissist much?

Thanks for the profound suggestion that other effects will be subject to a hike.  It's CT big fella, most things take a bump on a semi regularly basis in this utopia.  It's not like we have a fiscally responsible crew at the helm.

BTW I'm sure that most of us here can find a creative way swing the $300 if push comes to shove.  The point is it's a little thing called principle.  The fact is they revel in targeting firearm owners and let no opportunity go to waste.
View Quote

I can find $300 but that is not the point. The Governor hopes you think that way. Most assholes in this state think like that. "I can swing it".

How about this? The federal and state governments get just about 1/2 of my paycheck. I can live on the half I have left why can't these asshole live on the 50% they already get?

I can wait until the next election. We will have a projected surplus until the day after the election of course. That is when they figure out the math error. <sarcasm>
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I can find $300 but that is not the point. The Governor hopes you think that way. Most assholes in this state think like that. "I can swing it".

How about this? The federal and state governments get just about 1/2 of my paycheck. I can live on the half I have left why can't these asshole live on the 50% they already get?

I can wait until the next election. We will have a projected surplus until the day after the election of course. That is when they figure out the math error. <sarcasm>
View Quote

Yes, that's what I think, damn I wish they raised it to $1,500 because I can swing it....What?

They can't live on it simply because they will always need more.  Why would they be interested in sustainability and being financially responsible?  Besides that takes work and may create some prosperity....they can't have that.  

Also, take into account the exodus that we have going on in this state.  What other solution do you think that they have for recouping all those lost tax dollars?

They sit around having expensive steak dinners smoking cigars laughing at us.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Well first and as always for so many reasons, FDM.  

It seems we hear and read about almost daily, often several times a day of criminal arrests for illegal possession/felony possession, offenses which carry a respective $5000/10,000 fine.  How much is actually collected, virtually none I bet.  One felony conviction would pay for 33 renewals alone at the proposed rate, or 142 at the current.  Even though the perps most often are cash rich drug dealers and gang bangers I'm sure they have little or no verifiable income but who cares.  Attach their welfare or prison pay forever if that's what it takes.  

But no, the honest law abiding hard working residents of this chronically fiscally mismanaged state will continue to pay this and the rest of the ridiculous costs to live here.

And son of a B, I just checked and mines due for renewal in Oct.  Argggh.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#36]
And the beat goes on.... La Dee dotty da, yeah the beat goes on....
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don't recall where your name was mentioned in the op's post. Narcissist much?

Thanks for the profound suggestion that other effects will be subject to a hike. It's CT big fella, most things take a bump on a semi regularly basis in this utopia. It's not like we have a fiscally responsible crew at the helm.

BTW I'm sure that most of us here can find a creative way swing the $300 if push comes to shove. The point is it's a little thing called principle. The fact is they revel in targeting firearm owners and let no opportunity go to waste.
View Quote

I would suggest you read what I wrote again but that would be pointless.  I'm not talking about the OP's post, I'm talking about yours.  I'm the only counselor here I know of.  You said "good to know you are with us" did you not?  So you presume that somehow I enjoy paying more for anything, including my permit?  Is that was I said?  Not by along shot.  There's enough stupid shit said here for ten lifetimes.  Don't add to it.

The whole budget is ridiculous.  Some here choose to focus on one thing.  That's fine.  I choose to think of the entirety of the money it is going to cost me to live here, which for me is way beyond another $230.  I shouldn't have to pay a dime to enjoy a Constitutional right but here we are.  That good enough for you sport?  I can dumb it down some more for you if you'd like.  Just say when.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#38]
And, here go the personal insults back and forth.  Didn't take long to go south.   This forum is getting more and more like Trump's Twitter feed!  No wonder we have a thread titled the CTHTF has shite the bed.
It is depressing enough just living in CT, let alone coming here to watch the knife fights.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#39]
How much does the free speech permit cost?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
And, here go the personal insults back and forth.  Didn't take long to go south.   This forum is getting more and more like Trump's Twitter feed!  No wonder we have a thread titled the CTHTF has shite the bed.
It is depressing enough just living in CT, let alone coming here to watch the knife fights.
View Quote

This is only a proposed budget and you've already jumped in and volunteered your money for something that should not cost a penny. For fucks sake, not even an attempt at a fight, not even trying to look for an avenue to block this. Straight up rolled over and put out.

This place shit the bed because there's too many people left here all to eager to fall in line. If everyone here had the mindset and ambition of Madsmith or the like this place would be a treasure trove.

And conndcj is 100% correct. Tolland (my town) is set to lose $6million in school funding. Do you think the schools are just going to get by on $6mil less? No, obviously. So the towns will raise the property tax. And that's only one other example, I'm certain there's plenty more.

On top of the fact he has already raised the sales tax, gas tax, taxed Amazon purchases, and every other conceivable tax in the state.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#42]
It is a shame our government spends so much time figuring out out to collect money and very little on how to save it.

Schools losing state funds will then have no choice but to either close or raise property taxes. Neither of which is good. I don't have school aged children but am forced to pay the same as someone who does.

We should rent rooms in the governor's mansion to help with the budget. We should sell the limo he uses and make him buy his own car and drive himself around. We should eliminate his security detail and let him get his permit and carry his own gun with only 10 rounds.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Something about road salt tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:26:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
....We should rent rooms in the governor's mansion to help with the budget. We should sell the limo he uses and make him buy his own car and drive himself around. We should eliminate his security detail and let him get his permit and carry his own gun with only 10 rounds.
View Quote

We should sell the governor's mansion, and make that pile of shit live in a Hartford north end ghetto project apartment.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:31:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Remember when we had a surplus before the election?
This state is doomed. Just the fact that these are proposed use to matter to people. (general populous)
Sad state of affairs
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This is only a proposed budget and you've already jumped in and volunteered your money for something that should not cost a penny. For fucks sake, not even an attempt at a fight, not even trying to look for an avenue to block this. Straight up rolled over and put out.

This place shit the bed because there's too many people left here all to eager to fall in line. If everyone here had the mindset and ambition of Madsmith or the like this place would be a treasure trove.

And conndcj is 100% correct. Tolland (my town) is set to lose $6million in school funding. Do you think the schools are just going to get by on $6mil less? No, obviously. So the towns will raise the property tax. And that's only one other example, I'm certain there's plenty more.

On top of the fact he has already raised the sales tax, gas tax, taxed Amazon purchases, and every other conceivable tax in the state.
View Quote

Huh?  I was referring to the members here attacking each other, not the resistance to the failed policies of the train wreck that is Hartford.  Keep Calm, and carry on.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:00:10 AM EDT
[#48]
So I try to always get people into guns and have been rather successful over time, always helping people navigate the states BS. But seeing that I'm pretty young and along with people my age convincing a bunch of broke college kids to get into a hobby/culture where the entry fee is some 600 dollars between the class, town and state we can say bye bye to new shooters. And without numbers on our side were done for even more then normal
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:45:07 AM EDT
[#49]
At least it's snowing
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#50]
For the record your honor I posted when I saw the information on the pistol permit fee increase.  This is a gun forum.  Thought it would bring some life to the discussion. Trying to negate the rate increase by saying its de minimis  to the other increases misses the point.

Friendly banter is one thing, but some folks on here come across as confrontational and abrasive.  In my experience I have not met someone here yet I wouldn't trust with a gun. Yet....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top