Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2016 5:40:55 PM EDT
Three to four times a year here in CT, I host a bunch of friends from another board to come up for a night of drinking, eating and shooting the shit.  This past weekend we decided to have some shooting and training added as well.

Nearly all of the shooters are various LEOs form MA, NY, CT and NJ  We also had a couple of medics and well....me.  Hey, someone had to provide lunch.

It was pistols and carbines only.  Because this would not meet the definition of a formal LE training session, I provided all but three of the long guns.  The guys brought ammo and their pistols.

We shot various pistol drills first until lunch.  While we ate, the medics gave us a short but detailed show and tell on all of the latest and greatest gear and procedures for GSWs.  Luckily, we didn't have to use any during the day.  We had a surprise raffle and one shooter won a pocket IFAK.

Carbines in the afternoon was mostly a chance for the guys to shoot things they cannot own in their own states, like suppressors especially.  One of the many reasons we have these gatherings here is because our laws positively ROCK compared to the other guys' states.  That's both cool and frightening I guess.

We had a one shot, same rifle, standing, closest to the face of the target contest at 50 yards.  Winner got a bottle of Knob Creek 7year 100 proof.

After the day, we piled into a Ford F350 Transit van I rented for the occasion to cart everyone around and avoid a parade of out of state cars driving through West Hartford.  McLaddens then to my backyard for dinner, cigars and Pappy Van Winkle around the fire pit.  Good times.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a lot o' guns!  Does Dan Malloy know one of his DA's is part of his "fringe of the fringe".  I nominate you to be our fringe leader.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a lot o' guns!  Does Dan Malloy know one of his DA's is part of his "fringe of the fringe".  I nominate you to be our fringe leader.

View Quote

STATES ATTORNEY!      

Sounds like a fun day.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

STATES ATTORNEY!      

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

STATES ATTORNEY!      

Potato...potahto

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#4]
<removed, knock it off.... Andrapos>

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And shoot your dog
And cover you in Evoo....
Are you ghey enough?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Confiscation and jack boot thuggery training.

Every one of your friends would kick my door in if DOJ said jump.

And shoot your dog
And cover you in Evoo....
Are you ghey enough?

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hope that nobody from out of state brought any large capacity magazines into CT for this event...
View Quote

God, I hope they didn't either.  I forgot to ask.  That would be bad.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:18:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:43:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope that nobody from out of state brought any large capacity magazines into CT for this event...

If they are LEOs aren't they exempt from the restricted magazine capacity law?

You should know being a State's Attorney....or is it DA?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Three to four times a year here in CT, I host a bunch of friends from another board to come up for a night of drinking, eating and shooting the shit.  This past weekend we decided to have some shooting and training added as well.

Nearly all of the shooters are various LEOs form MA, NY, CT and NJ  We also had a couple of medics and well....me.  Hey, someone had to provide lunch.

It was pistols and carbines only.  Because this would not meet the definition of a formal LE training session, I provided all but three of the long guns.  The guys brought ammo and their pistols.

We shot various pistol drills first until lunch.  While we ate, the medics gave us a short but detailed show and tell on all of the latest and greatest gear and procedures for GSWs.  Luckily, we didn't have to use any during the day.  We had a surprise raffle and one shooter won a pocket IFAK.

Carbines in the afternoon was mostly a chance for the guys to shoot things they cannot own in their own states, like suppressors especially.  One of the many reasons we have these gatherings here is because our laws positively ROCK compared to the other guys' states.  That's both cool and frightening I guess.

We had a one shot, same rifle, standing, closest to the face of the target contest at 50 yards.  Winner got a bottle of Knob Creek 7year 100 proof.

After the day, we piled into a Ford F350 Transit van I rented for the occasion to cart everyone around and avoid a parade of out of state cars driving through West Hartford.  McLaddens then to my backyard for dinner, cigars and Pappy Van Winkle around the fire pit.  Good times.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/Mobile%20Uploads/20160923_183042_zps4ciqtsro.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/Mobile%20Uploads/20160924_082057_zpssyx8jki4.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/Mobile%20Uploads/20160924_130438_zpsvhrymthn.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/Mobile%20Uploads/20160924_130415_zpslpyfmev1.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/Mobile%20Uploads/20160924_130421_zps75mi8hmh.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/Mobile%20Uploads/20160926_183840_zpshvooqots.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/Mobile%20Uploads/20160924_204022_zpshj1x1xmq.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/Mobile%20Uploads/20160924_204043_zpswhxfy1q6.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/Mobile%20Uploads/20160923_211702_zpsv3uff0wx.jpg

View Quote

Why are there no hotdog pics?
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#14]
What is EVOO and should I be covered in it?

Looks like a great weekend. Its weird to think there are states worse off than us. Hard to believe.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:57:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was just logistically easier for me to supply the rifles and magazines.  Most didn't own one anyway and again couldn't bring their duty guns. All but three of the rifles were mine and a local LEO provided the rest.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:39:49 AM EDT
[#16]
are you supposed to smoke while using inhalers?

Looks like a good time though.

FYI I have four dogs that have a long life span "wink wink nudge nudge"
Just kidding I love my dags
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can't smoke anymore.  I was just an enabler.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enablers are good people.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What is EVOO and should I be covered in it?

Looks like a great weekend. Its weird to think there are states worse off than us. Hard to believe.
View Quote

EVOO= Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Modrapos is a dealer of the finest EVOO available.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like fun. You're a great host!
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice spread. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top