Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2016 8:14:07 AM EDT
New FBI Most Violent Cities in the U.S. list is out and of every, single city in the whole country, Hartford is tenth.  This is based on rapes, robberies, assaults and murders per 10,000 people.  Tenth.  How this state has fallen is just mind boggling .  I'm sure it will improve when the baseball stadium opens....whenever that may be.. Go Yardgoats, go Hartford.  New England's Rising Star.  What a joke.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
New FBI Most Violent Cities in the U.S. list is out and of every, single city in the whole country, Hartford is tenth.  This is based on rapes, robberies, assaults and murders per 10,000 people.  Tenth.  How this state has fallen is just mind boggling .  I'm sure it will improve when the baseball stadium opens....whenever that may be.. Go Yardgoats, go Hartford.  New England's Rising Star.  What a joke.
View Quote

Bridgeport is pissed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:55:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Told my wife about that statistic last night, it seems lately Ct. is always leading in the wrong categories.  I wonder why.........
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Hartford needs its own version of http://heyjackass.com/

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's your fault, because you aren't putting enough of them in jail  

Start with putting Dan Malloy in jail!  That son-of-a-bitch got a "Profiles in Courage" award for bringing extra problems into this state.

Hartford Goat Fuckers, eh?  Did you really think that was gonna happen?  Ever heard of the Hartford Whalers?  How about the Patriots were moving to Hartford?

When I worked in Hartford in the mid-late 90's all that stupid talk of building up the waterfront would save the city....  I knew that was bullshit.  They should start by bulldozing the north end!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:58:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
New FBI Most Violent Cities in the U.S. list is out...
View Quote

Is this the one released this past February (discussed in this news link and this FBI link) or a newer one? If newer do you have a link to it?

Edit to add: If that FBI link, wonder why they don't list New Haven? Only Hartford, Bridgeport, Stamford and Waterbury are listed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Ahead of Newark!  WTG CT Dems!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 Bridgeport is pissed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bridgeport is pissed.

Right? I would have guessed Bpit and New Haven would have been worse than Hartford.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is this the one released this past February (discussed in this news link and this FBI link) or a newer one? If newer do you have a link to it?

Edit to add: If that FBI link, wonder why they don't list New Haven? Only Hartford, Bridgeport, Stamford and Waterbury are listed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New Haven is a sanctuary city.

Rosa "Christian Dior" Delauro
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But seriously I found it a bit strange that New Haven wasn't listed on the FBI report . Both New Haven and Bridgeport are routinely fond close to each other on most top 25 most violent cities in the nation.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:58:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Malloy is hard at work trying to move Hartford up toward number one!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Wahoo, race to the bottom .

Still not as bad as the "riot" places.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Not surprising. I hear gun shots all night long.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I hear shots during the day, can't imagine after dark.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#15]
I work downtown never have felt unsafe.  I hang out there all the time even at scary night time.    Then again, I am not really going to any seedy places either.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I work downtown never have felt unsafe.  I hang out there all the time even at scary night time.    Then again, I am not really going to any seedy places either.
View Quote

I agree I work downtown and have never felt unsafe but I have heard day time shootouts. Very clear exchange of fire, as in 2 firearms.

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I work downtown Hartford and have seen carjackings , hate crimes, Apple pickings, and drug deals on the top of parking garages.  Don't forget legislators illegally parking in handicap spots, drug dealers rolling blunts in Burger King and......  Parking attendants getting shot. Hartford the rising star!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top