YES that as well.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
When will LOWELL WEICKER Die ??????
View Quote

Funny you should mention Weicker...

Gov. Weicker speaks one-on-one on 25th anniversary of Income Tax
http://wtnh.com/2016/08/19/gov-weicker-speaks-one-on-one-on-25th-anniversary-of-income-tax/
“I don’t very much blame Dan Malloy, not at all,” says the former Governor and U.S. Senator, “I think the legislature, it’s leadership and the people of Connecticut can shoulder a great deal of the blame.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes He is A "HOOT". Just DIE.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I was living here and paying taxes here when it was passed and it showed me right then and there that the "people" have no voice in government in Connecticut, period. We are supposed to have a representative government but on that day it was politics at its worst that passed that travesty.  That protest rally in Hartford as the bill was going through it's machinations in the legislature, was as massive as I've ever seen up to then and since around a single state issue.  Weicker was burned in effigy as he was making his way through the crowd.  Anywhere between 40,000 and 70,000........some think even more were there  even more made their way there and many turned back because they couldn't park.  This was a spontaneous rally, too, not one orchestrated by the NRA or GOAL or the like.  People were angry and they had every right to be because they were lied to by Mr. Weicker.  He's pompous, arrogant, and narcissistic and he alone put this state on the road to ruin.  The economy was totaled by the legislature but he's right when he says the people have the burden of responsibility for what's happened.  You keep voting in these liberal democrats who don't know the word "stop" when it comes to spending and now out business base is depleted and now there's no one left to pay it off.

150,000 people have left CT over the past few years....a full 5% of our population and no young people are coming or staying.  This is a death spiral and it will continue fo long.  

Rome

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This was a spontaneous rally, too, not one orchestrated by the NRA or GOAL or the like.  1
View Quote

And you had that turnout in an age with no social media or wide spread "internet" too.

Now days people are so apathetic they don't bother turning out anymore when the politicians are screwing them. They no longer care about what their elected officials are doing to them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#7]
"Don't worry the income is temporary."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top