Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2016 9:27:40 PM EDT
http://www.jgsales.com/-p-93312.html?fullsite=true

Seen these on the J&G sales site for 350, are they pre ban ? Would make a nice threaded barrel project I never got to do when I had the chance
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one of these from AIM a while back. They are pre-ban.

The only bad thing is the mag release is at the bottom of the magwell so rapid magazine changes are a little slower but not horrible.

I have not looked real hard for a threaded barrel but when I did they were out of stock everywhere.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The only bad thing is the mag release is at the bottom of the magwell so rapid magazine changes are a little slower but not horrible.

I have not looked real hard for a threaded barrel but when I did they were out of stock everywhere.
View Quote

Same experience as Edge, but a friend bought it not I. IMO an underwhelming experience made worse by the funky heel mag release. If someone wanted a super cheap plinker and that's it, sure, but money could be better spent.

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Same experience as Edge, but a friend bought it not I. IMO an underwhelming experience made worse by the funky heel mag release. If someone wanted a super cheap plinker and that's it, sure, but money could be better spent.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would be a good suppressor host if you moved here or did not register a pistol as an assault weapon   Can't EDC an assault weapon unless you live at the range There are many places that will thread the current barrel, John Pixley is one.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Would be a good suppressor host if you moved here or did not register a pistol as an assault weapon   Can't EDC an assault weapon unless you live at the range There are many places that will thread the current barrel, John Pixley is one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh, most pre 94 pistols are in the $300-400 range. Gen II Glocks are dime a dozen. Many other flavors too. Point being, unless your after a 92 it's not the only game in town.

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:17:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't mind the heel mag release. I bought it with intentions of adding a threaded barrel. It is a great shooter. I do like the gun.

The one I got from AIM is in great condition. I added a set of wooden grips to replace the plastic ones.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I don't mind the heel mag release. I bought it with intentions of adding a threaded barrel. It is a great shooter. I do like the gun.

The one I got from AIM is in great condition. I added a set of wooden grips to replace the plastic ones.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wood grips? Nice. Pics my man, pics!

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Wood grips? Nice. Pics my man, pics!

View Quote

Before:

After:
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#8]
That's pretty nice, well done.

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's pretty nice, well done.

View Quote

Thanks. Not bad for a 35yr old handgun.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Pre ban Sig P226's are not hard to come across.

Very easily identifiable by the manufacture codes on the underside of the dust cover.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top