Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2016 8:54:46 PM EDT
Its a 1940 IJ target sealed 8, it's an 8 shot .22, I picked it up along with a Jennings 9 (I know they are pieces of shit) but I got the 2 shipped for a good price. Both needed some work and had missing parts.

The IJ was missing the cylinder pin and I was able to find one for $8 at numrich's (thanks John). I pulled the pistol completely apart and cleaned the inside, once I got the cylinder pin the function tests were great!

I am now going to refinish it using durablue, normally a gun this old I wouldn't touch but the finish was really bad, it keeps rusting little by little (pics don't do it any justice) and it is not in the best shape in the world. I don't mind harming the collector value (mint condition they're worth $250ish) and I think duracoat will help preserve it. I am just looking for a neat shooter.

I'll be adding more pictures once I start refinishing it.

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a long ass barrel, looks like it'd be a neat shooter.

And zombie toes
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a long ass barrel, looks like it'd be a neat shooter.

And zombie toes
View Quote

6" barrel, it is pretty damn long haha.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like 23" long
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#5]

LMAO!! You beat me to it!

Glad to hear to hear it's up and running, now for that Jenny!

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#6]
One of my favorite guns to shoot is an 8 shot Taurus Revolver.

Looks great!
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Its a 1940 IJ target sealed 8, it's an 8 shot .22, I picked it up along with a Jennings 9 (I know they are pieces of shit) but I got the 2 shipped for a good price. Both needed some work and had missing parts.

The IJ was missing the cylinder pin and I was able to find one for $8 at numrich's (thanks John). I pulled the pistol completely apart and cleaned the inside, once I got the cylinder pin the function tests were great!

I am now going to refinish it using durablue, normally a gun this old I wouldn't touch but the finish was really bad, it keeps rusting little by little (pics don't do it any justice) and it is not in the best shape in the world. I don't mind harming the collector value (mint condition they're worth $250ish) and I think duracoat will help preserve it. I am just looking for a neat shooter.

<a href="http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/Tbr1806/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1471567715_zpstycsao22.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p772/Tbr1806/Mobile%20Uploads/1471567715_zpstycsao22.jpg</a>
View Quote

Wtf is wrong with that tactical foot in the pic?
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/Tbr1806/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1471567715_zpstycsao22.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p772/Tbr1806/Mobile%20Uploads/1471567715_zpstycsao22.jpg</a>
View Quote

Wtf is wrong with that tactical foot in the pic?
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#9]

LOL first thing that I thought of too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:20:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, I stripped it down yesterday an started painting.

Here's picture of the trigger guard durablued, I like the finish. You can tell its a coating but looks damn close to bluing. What I really like is that it is now protected and I don't need to worry about rust! What I don't like is now I new to let it sit for 4 weeks before reassembly.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top