User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So you mean to tell me that the police supply stores and other places that carry body armor actually go pick up their stuff FTF instead of UPS or FedEx delivering it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where in the law is there any exemption for an FFL? It's pretty cut and dry, if you aren't .gov in some form it is FTF.

So you mean to tell me that the police supply stores and other places that carry body armor actually go pick up their stuff FTF instead of UPS or FedEx delivering it?

In some cases, that's what I've heard, or more accurately, they have a local distributor or something along those line who brings it to them. But I am being literal here, where in the law does it say anything about FFL's or anyone other than LEO and MIL ? To the best of my knowledge they are the only exempt categories and it doesn't say anything at all about commercial vs private, wholesale vs retail... I wouldn't be surprised if the exemption many of those places use is the fact that the owner or even just an employee is a reserve something, or national guard, or LEO in some manner...

It's one of the more horribly written and poorly thought out bits of legalese I've ever seen.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top