Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/21/2016 11:24:59 AM EDT
Guy gets arrested for having a firearm on a school grounds then a search of his home turns up all sorts of stuff the state has deemed illegal.

Police seized:
•59 complete firearms, which included 48 legal firearms
•Nine illegal, unregistered Assault Rifles, including two (2) AK-47 assault weapons and Five (5) complete AR-15 assault weapons  with no serial numbers including one rifle with an illegal silencer as well as two additional silencers and 65 illegal high-capacity magazines
•Twelve  illegal AR-15 lower receivers without serial numbers (which could make individual AR-15’s)
•Over 10,000 live rounds of ammunition
View Quote

Michael Giannone, 44, was charged with nine counts of possession of assault weapon, three counts of possession of silencers, 65 counts possession of high-capacity magazine, improper storage of firearms, risk of injury to a minor and possession of weapon on school grounds.

Giannone has a business card that says “No names, no numbers, no witnesses.”
View Quote

At the time, police said Giannone was seen on New Fairfield school property in possession of a firearm. He was taken into custody and as a part of that arrest, and State Police searched his home. Police found many firearms, both rifles and handguns, in the workshop behind the house. They found assorted tools and equipment used to manufacture AR-15’s, as well as AR-15 lower receivers and many piece utilized in the making AR-15 Rifles, and searches of the two family cars turned up firearms and component parts.
View Quote

New Fairfield man arrested for making and selling illegal AR-15s
http://fox61.com/2016/06/21/new-fairfield-man-arrested-for-making-and-selling-illegal-ar-15s/

Edit: Someone posted the story to GD which is bound to create some of the usual GD derp.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Who was it?. He had to be a member here...
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who was it?. He had to be a member here...
View Quote

He was apparently a member on CTGT and at least one person had questionable dealings with him.

Apparently the business card reads “No names, no numbers, no witnesses”.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, malloys office are having a group orgasm now.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#4]
No where in the law is a requirement for a serial number.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Love all the F**K CT comments in the GD thread.  

Don't they realize that (given a little bit of time and the wrong candidates getting elected) what happened here could just as easily happen where they live?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:10:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

For licensed manufacturers there is. Its apparently in the Gun Control Act of 1968.

ATF indicates a serial number is needed as well:
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guides-importation-verification-firearms-ammunition-firearms-verification-overview

Ammoland has some info about serial numbers on lowers finished out from 80% lowers.
http://www.ammoland.com/2014/11/atf-answers-questions-on-80-receiver-blanks/#axzz4CEN9HHVC

If the guy was engaged in the business of making "firearms" and selling them for profit (which by the fact of a business card he may have been) he was supposed to be licensed and put serial numbers (or so I understand).
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Not gonna be good.

He's a lil pricey on 80% lowers.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

For licensed manufacturers there is. Its apparently in the Gun Control Act of 1968.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guides-importation-verification-firearms-ammunition-firearms-verification-overview

Ammoland has some info about serial numbers on lowers finished out from 80% lowers.
http://www.ammoland.com/2014/11/atf-answers-questions-on-80-receiver-blanks/#axzz4CEN9HHVC

If the guy was engaged in the business of making "firearms" and selling them for profit (which by the fact of a business card he may have been) he was supposed to be licensed and put serial numbers (or so I understand).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, just throwing it out there. A few of us registered 80 cent lowers
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Don't they realize that (given a little bit of time and the wrong candidates getting elected) what happened here could just as easily happen where they live?
View Quote

GD are all the first ones to say "fuck that CT,NY, CA etc laws wouldn't stop me, 2nd amendment blah, blah, blah." But the second someone's gets caught doing exactly what they all say they would do, they have no problem throwing that person under the bus. It shows how much support the 2nd amendment groups really have for their cause.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:02:04 PM EDT
[#10]
He is mega fucked. I can just see his lawyers face when he sees that business card.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Firearms ban aside, this guy is a dumbass.

Advertising your illegal activities? What the heck did he think was going to happen?

As far as registered 80% lowers go, I did one:

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Another case of playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes. Idiot.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Advertising your illegal activities? What the heck did he think was going to happen?

<a href="http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/cjt1972b/media/VZM.IMG_20160102_134555%202_zpssxmkpmu8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t589/cjt1972b/VZM.IMG_20160102_134555%202_zpssxmkpmu8.jpg</a>

View Quote

You went all out.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t589/cjt1972b/VZM.IMG_20160102_134555%202_zpssxmkpmu8.jpg

View Quote
I got you beat.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#16]
L O Fucking L

I have one of this guys rails. It's on the build I did with the US flag backdrop in the picz thread.

Big E gunshow. I thought his card was funny, "No Names, numbers, no witnesses. Here's my name and my number, email address and a website you can find me at."

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

GD are all the first ones to say "fuck that CT,NY, CA etc laws wouldn't stop me, 2nd amendment blah, blah, blah." But the second someone's gets caught doing exactly what they all say they would do, they have no problem throwing that person under the bus. It shows how much support the 2nd amendment groups really have for their cause.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

He probably did nothing wrong in more than half the country.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yep.
View Quote

Except for those unregistered silencers
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:49:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Seriously, how do you think all the liberal states are passing laws legalizing weed amoung other things? Its not because they throw "their own" under the bus. Its because after some gets arrested they stand around, "protest" the arrests amoung other crap.

They don't just say "o well, play stupid games win stupid prizes". I understand what he did was probably not the smartest thing but our forefathers didn't exactly follow the laws to a " T" and that is what worked. We need to stick together and stop hiding in the shadows.

The gun community needs to start putting itself out there more (legally while still making a statement) and not hiding in the closet (no pun intended). Most of us are reserved and just want to be left alone. We are not the group that creates havoc and blocks highways to get our point across. How long will it be before people realize this is what we need to do to get our point across?

I know everyone here has jobs, families and everything else going on but we need to make a stand at some point because one day it will happen to one of us here. We are a semi close group due to the state size and we need to back each other instead of throwing one another under the bus.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

ya those are the real kicker
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Seriously, how do you think all the liberal states are passing laws legalizing weed amoung other things? Its not because they throw "their own" under the bus. Its because after some gets arrested they stand around, "protest" the arrests amoung other crap.

They don't just say "o well, play stupid games win stupid prizes". I understand what he did was probably not the smartest thing but our forefathers didn't exactly follow the laws to a " T" and that is what worked. We need to stick together and stop hiding in the shadows.

The gun community needs to start putting itself out there more (legally while still making a statement) and not hiding in the closet (no pun intended). Most of us are reserved and just want to be left alone. We are not the group that creates havoc and blocks highways to get our point across. How long will it be before people realize this is what we need to do to get our point across?

I know everyone here has jobs, families and everything else going on but we need to make a stand at some point because one day it will happen to one of us here. We are a semi close group due to the state size and we need to back each other instead of throwing one another under the bus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Preach it, brother!
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

They're just so dangerous.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#23]
They looked like retarded muzzle brakes
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I have the 4th of July off and im sure most of you do as well, I know a few other people that do as well...who would be up for a meet at the capital? Well make a stand on independence day! Let's make it happen guys.

I'm sick of this bullshit. I'm sick of looking for pre-ban lowers at decent prices, I'm sick of watching other states have freedom we can't, I'm sick of always living in fear of my government because I may leave my house with more than 10 rounds loaded in a magazine.

We need to get together on an important day like that to sit there and protest. It will have to bring some kind of media attention. You all know the rules about carrying around the capital so let's make this legal and civil but I think its something that needs to be done.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
<snip quote tree>

View Quote

The firearms and magazines wouldn't have been AW's or LCM's in some 43 (or more) states. Its the no serial numbers and running a business selling the firearms if he doesn't have an FFL that would/could get him into trouble. The silencers too may be a problem in certain states (or most/all states?) and or with the feds if he didn't have the proper ATF forms for them.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I have the 4th of July off and im sure most of you do as well, I know a few other people that do as well...who would be up for a meet at the capital? Well make a stand on independence day! Let's make it happen guys.

I'm sick of this bullshit. I'm sick of looking for pre-ban lowers at decent prices, I'm sick of watching other states have freedom we can't, I'm sick of always living in fear of my government because I may leave my house with more than 10 rounds loaded in a magazine.

We need to get together on an important day like that to sit there and protest. It will have to bring some kind of media attention. You all know the rules about carrying around the capital so let's make this legal and civil but I think its something that needs to be done.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

no offence, but its over in this state. many of us gathered in the 1000s at the capitol and look where it got us. malloy got RE elected after all the bullshit hes done to this state. he would probably get elected again if he decides to run again. there are close to 400,000 more democratic voters vs rep ,  nothing we can do to combat that
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

no offence, but its over in this state. many of us gathered in the 1000s at the capitol and look where it got us. malloy got RE elected after all the bullshit hes done to this state. he would probably get elected again if he decides to run again. there are close to 400,000 more democratic voters vs rep ,  nothing we can do to combat that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

No offense but the liberals see it a different way, they don't forfit after loosing. "Something is better than nothing"

ETA: i have seen some of the replies to the scoutus decision, some call it a loss, some call it a win, etc.

The judgment call the other day by scoutus was nowhere a "win" for "us" it was a "win" for the liberals though. I don't see a "tie" as a win for us, even though some may think that. Yes, we broke even, yes we did not get restricted any further, but it should have been a hands down win on our part based on the constitution of the USA.

A lot have "given up" and will just "deal with it", I was there to . But now I don't feel its right. It just does not fit into the pieces of the puzzle. The liberals never give up no matter how many times they are beat down, why should you?

ETA2: that is the difference between " us" and "them", we get beat up we say " oh OK, at least our right to carry wasn't taken all together". They say"we'll try again tomorrow".

P.S. I don't own a dog
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Apparently, his crime was being a Constitutionalist in the Constitution State.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Apparently, his crime was being a Constitutionalist in the Constitution State.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#31]
These were preban right?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#32]
This guy is screwed. It is his own doing. How long can you expect to make and sell unserialized firearms without a shit storm coming down on you. Then add suppressors without tax stamps, and all the other violation this moron has brought upon himself and you have a serious case for trial.

This guy will surely be put behind bars just for the NFA and manufacturing charges. Then add in the rest of the charges and he will do some serious time.

Was he that stupid to think he would not be arrested?

All my 80% guns are serialized and have paperwork.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:16:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry, just not feeling the love for this guy.  He knew what the laws were, and chose to disobey them, in a HUGE way.  It is all well and good to say FDM (I do so often), and disagree with CT's gun laws. But, if you chose to overtly disobey a law, and get caught, you must be willing to suffer the consequences.  We all know people who have said Frack Um, and chosen not to comply, and not registered some guns or magazines.  That is their business, and more power too them.  But, this guy chose to expose himself to all kinds of legal jeopardy, buy selling firearms that are (rightly or wrongly) illegal in CT, and engage in activities that were against Federal law.  

I don't know if he was selling stuff out of some feeling of patriotism, or simply motivated by profit.  Either way, the results are the same, and no one benefited from his activity.  Just wait until they squeeze him enough, and he starts rolling over on his past customers.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#34]
The real supidity and kick the nuts will be the silencers, if not registered.

No matter what he's gonna be doing time at Club Fed for dealing and even more time for unregistered silencers, if that's the case.

Bottom line, this guy's seems like a 1st class hot mess and an idiot to boot.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sorry, just not feeling the love for this guy.  He knew what the laws were, and chose to disobey them, in a HUGE way.  It is all well and good to say FDM (I do so often), and disagree with CT's gun laws. But, if you chose to overtly disobey a law, and get caught, you must be willing to suffer the consequences.  We all know people who have said Frack Um, and chosen not to comply, and not registered some guns or magazines.  That is their business, and more power too them.  But, this guy chose to expose himself to all kinds of legal jeopardy, buy selling firearms that are (rightly or wrongly) illegal in CT, and engage in activities that were against Federal law.  

I don't know if he was selling stuff out of some feeling of patriotism, or simply motivated by profit.  Either way, the results are the same, and no one benefited from his activity.  Just wait until they squeeze him enough, and he starts rolling over on his past customers.
View Quote

He will rat out his customers. He may not have to anyway. I am sure his computer, phone, etc were siezed along with bank info. If he sold something to a Mohammed somebody he could be charge with aiding suspected terrorists.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:52:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

That's the problem - we're the ones with jobs. We're supporting those that are destroying us. <shrug>
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This guy is screwed. It is his own doing. How long can you expect to make and sell unserialized firearms without a shit storm coming down on you. Then add suppressors without tax stamps, and all the other violation this moron has brought upon himself and you have a serious case for trial.

This guy will surely be put behind bars just for the NFA and manufacturing charges. Then add in the rest of the charges and he will do some serious time.

Was he that stupid to think he would not be arrested?

All my 80% guns are serialized and have paperwork.
View Quote

Or maybe he is Just A Moron.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Will be interesting to see the results of this...

Michael Giannone Defense PRO2A Go Fund Me
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Normally I would donate to someone who needs help but this guy?

He violated many laws not just CT's new ones. From what I read it seems he was making and selling non-serialized guns, selling parts and had a business card.

He did not have an FFL for manufacturing and I am willing to bet he did not collect and submit sales tax for in state sales. He also may not have declared the income from his "business".

Are any of you inclined to kick in?

If the state and feds can't find his customer list I am sure he will rat them out to save his skin. If you bought anything from this guy and there is a paper trail you probably will be getting a visit or letter. If you bought a gun or lower you may be fucked too.

Conndcj is awfully quiet lately. I am sure he knows and can't comment.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Both of his cases are now listed up on the CT criminal case lookup site.

Edit:

He violated many laws not just CT's new ones. From what I read it seems he was making and selling non-serialized guns, selling parts and had a business card.

He did not have an FFL for manufacturing and I am willing to bet he did not collect and submit sales tax for in state sales. He also may not have declared the income from his "business".
View Quote

Yeah I suspect most would have supported him if it was just the illegal AW and LCM charges. Firearms and accessories that would be legal in most other states other than CT.

But its the unserialized issue (not sure if he had an FFL) and being public about selling stuff that may now get others into legal hot water if they are in possession of contraband purchased from him. I suspect the ATF will jump in to get their pound of flesh on him and possibly others.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Edit:

Yeah I suspect most would have supported him if it was just the illegal AW and LCM charges. Firearms and accessories that would be legal in most other states other than CT.

But its the unserialized issue (not sure if he had an FFL) and being public about selling stuff that may now get others into legal hot water if they are in possession of contraband purchased from him. I suspect the ATF will jump in to get their pound of flesh on him and possibly others.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Edit:

Case 1

Case 2

I am sure federal charges are not included in these lists.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If the state and feds can't find his customer list I am sure he will rat them out to save his skin. If you bought anything from this guy and there is a paper trail you probably will be getting a visit or letter. If you bought a gun or lower you may be fucked too.

View Quote

That's a giant pile of no.

Except I will likely donate something small, but only because I'm poor.

Can they even prove he was selling lowers? Not just making them for himself?

Non serialed lower? Show me where it hurt someone?

Damn, he didn't give the man money for his hard work. Well shucks.

Regardless, as free men none of ANY of the listed "crimes" should even be a discussion. And I will continue that stance until someone shows me how he caused physical harm to another being. As a "free" man I don't think the state should be able to tell him what he can own, nor do I think he owes the state money for producing goods. I do however understand I am becoming the last remaining with that mindset.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Regardless, as free men none of ANY of the listed "crimes" should even be a discussion. And I will continue that stance until someone shows me how he caused physical harm to another being. As a "free" man I don't think the state should be able to tell him what he can own, nor do I think he owes the state money for producing goods. I do however understand I am becoming the last remaining with that mindset.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure the undercover cop he sold one to is enough evidence he was selling them.
Not to mention his backyard workshop and texts/emails/Facebook IMs where he was talking potential customers.  

A LOT of people are probably getting talked to by CSP now.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#44]
I didn't read that far.

Because it shouldn't matter.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

He rarely comments on these type threads, if ever and understandably so.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Reports are that he "sold parts for assault rifle to an undercover cop without any paperwork." There is also the claim; "an AR-15 rifle that had been sold to a drug dealer before the search warrant was also seized."

Obviously there is a lot we don't know. We don't know if those "parts" were post ban lowers.

The anti gun Courant's report on the arrest.
Agents from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives worked on the investigation with troopers from the state police Urban Violence & Cooperative Crime Control Task Force, Bureau of Criminal Investigations and Special Licensing and Firearms Unit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Because it shouldn't matter.
View Quote

In an ideal world, no it shouldn't matter. In most other states, setting aside the silencer, selling to a drug dealer, the possible no paperwork issue, and no serial number issue the firearms and magazines would probably be legal to buy, own, and sell. But unfortunately this isn't an ideal world. He made the conscious choice to live in CT, with the idiotic and unconstitutional firearm laws we have, and have firearms and their accessories that are well known to be illegal to sell, manufacture, or possess except under a very narrow set of circumstances. From the sounds of it he chose to go above and beyond the ignoring of the law that most who chose not to comply are doing. And he got hammered for it whether we like it or not.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#48]
I thought there was an NFA violation in there? Didn't he have an unserialized can?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 6:18:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I thought there was an NFA violation in there? Didn't he have an unserialized can?
View Quote

It appears he had three cans that he got state level charges (Sec. 53a-211) on. Much like in other cases I'd expect to see ATF/DoJ add their own charges in the next week or two similar to the Dong/UNH incident where fed charges came days/weeks later after the state charges.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#50]
He's on Facebook discussing his ongoing case now.  Somehow he hasn't been kicked off all the local gun pages since many are trying to distance themselves from him of not flat out censor the news articles people are posting.  

He says he let a friend from NY go to his CT home and use his milling machine to finish an 80% lower, he then assembled the rifle for him.
Last I checked none of that is legal here in CT unless you are an exempt party no?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top