Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2016 3:02:19 PM EDT
So I hear that the NFA branch requires ANYTHING you SBR via Form 1 now requires an AW cert from CT so I need to register a few more things I guess.  

2nd thing is I'm walkin a few LEOs through the NFA process and doing all their paperwork, they are exempt and have new Colt M4s as their duty/personal rifles that are going to be SBR'd which will need to be registered as an AW here.  

I want to call ahead of sending any forms in to make sure we do it right so it doesn't take any longer and I know guys here have mentioned deceives by name who are good and know their shit.  Would prefer to talk to one of them if possible.  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the person I've seen many mention at SLFU who'v ethey've dealth with re the CoP's.

Deirdre Cesario    
(860) 685-8290    
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Deirdre is who you want to see.  She was very helpful when I did that not to long ago.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#3]
just to clear things up even if I want to SBS an old Remington Model 11 12ga I need to register it as an AW with DPS?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So I hear that the NFA branch requires ANYTHING you SBR via Form 1 now requires an AW cert from CT so I need to register a few more things I guess.  

2nd thing is I'm walkin a few LEOs through the NFA process and doing all their paperwork, they are exempt and have new Colt M4s as their duty/personal rifles that are going to be SBR'd which will need to be registered as an AW here.  

I want to call ahead of sending any forms in to make sure we do it right so it doesn't take any longer and I know guys here have mentioned deceives by name who are good and know their shit.  Would prefer to talk to one of them if possible.  

Thanks.
View Quote

I would not want to use my own firearm... modify it and then use it for duty- to me it opens up a whole pandoras box of potential legal problems for the owner. If the department wants sbr's let the department issue them. Liabilty is on them
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would not want to use my own firearm... modify it and then use it for duty- to me it opens up a whole pandoras box of potential legal problems for the owner. If the department wants sbr's let the department issue them. Liabilty is on them
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Police are not liable in most cases. Exempt... Yet again.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

that's how it works for troopers, they get a duty belt, Sig, soft vest, uniform stuff and a car.  if they want anything else they have to buy it.
Town PDs have all that stuff issued to them with the vehicle they use for their shift loaded with gear such as rifle.

I'd rather have the trooper set up so I can pick my own gear and have it all set up to my liking rather than a generic one size fits all kinda thing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

except in cases where they are found liable- would not want that to happen to me
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

Funny this came up. By chance yesterday I had a on duty Fairfield cop in my house, he needed a bite to eat and had forgotten to pack food. We played a bit of show and tell and showed me his SBR. Department lower, personal upper. Granted he is in ERT and gets more leway and is required to keep his kit on hand.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:57:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

except in cases where they are found liable- would not want that to happen to me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Liable for what?  

Unless you're state trooper swat or have a special job you don't get issued any firearms other than a Sig pistol and 6 mags.  You are responsible for everything else.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Liable for what?  

Unless you're state trooper swat or have a special job you don't get issued any firearms other than a Sig pistol and 6 mags.  You are responsible for everything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Liable for what?  

Well that could be up for debate ... Like everything else on this forum.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Funny this came up. By chance yesterday I had a on duty Fairfield cop in my house, he needed a bite to eat and had forgotten to pack food. We played a bit of show and tell and showed me his SBR. Department lower, personal upper. Granted he is in ERT and gets more leway and is required to keep his kit on hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

They used to eat almost everywhere in town for half price- how times have changed. Fairfield has factory mg's on loan from the military- only a few. Police departments can get items for next to nothing - they can make sbr's for free! Make mg's for almost free.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
They used to eat almost everywhere in town for half price- how times have changed. Fairfield has factory mg's on loan from the military- only a few. Police departments can get items for next to nothing - they can make sbr's for free! Make mg's for almost free.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

Very interesting I love learning new things! He mention Ruger gives them smoking deals on their piston and DI rifles. He mentioned he did have a select fire lower at one point or at least used one, no idea of the info. I do know he recently swapped between the LWRC that matched his piston upper and a Colt lower, both semi.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Very interesting I love learning new things! He mention Ruger gives them smoking deals on their piston and DI rifles. He mentioned he did have a select fire lower at one point or at least used one, no idea of the info. I do know he recently swapped between the LWRC that matched his piston upper and a Colt lower, both semi.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

if i recall correctly, only sergeants have the mg's. They can get (like almost any police department) factory M16's and the remove the sears or disconnectors to make them semis. Their is a liability issue and smart PD"S are cautious with what they issue. I know one of the people that works on Fairfield pd's firearms-
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is the person I've seen many mention at SLFU who'v ethey've dealth with re the CoP's.

Deirdre Cesario    
(860) 685-8290    
[email protected]
View Quote

Anyone have a new number for her?  That one doesn't work.  

I seen her an email though.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#15]
What number are you guys calling?  I can't get through to anyone, I get a message saying "extension 8494 is unavailable"
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Not that I've called to specifically talk to her, but I always call 860-685-8000 and ask to be transferred to the proper person.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What number are you guys calling?  I can't get through to anyone, I get a message saying "extension 8494 is unavailable"
View Quote

I called the 8000 number twice today and got the 'extension unavailable' message both times.

I ended up emailing Deirdra with my phone # and she got back to me. I had also left a message with her last week. She's probably very busy. She seems to be the only person who understands how this assault weapons stuff works.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I called the 8000 number twice today and got the 'extension unavailable' message both times.

I ended up emailing Deirdra with my phone # and she got back to me. I had also left a message with her last week. She's probably very busy. She seems to be the only person who understands how this assault weapons stuff works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here, I can't get through.  I emailed her with my question but didn't hear back.  I'll email again with my name and number, see if that works.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Same here, I can't get through.  I emailed her with my question but didn't hear back.  I'll email again with my name and number, see if that works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FYI after today she's going to be out until the 17th.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't have any NFA stuff, but this thread has me wondering.  Is this woman the only person you guys can deal with?  People go on vacation, become sick, retire, die, are promoted, move to another department.... etc.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't have any NFA stuff, but this thread has me wondering.  Is this woman the only person you guys can deal with?  People go on vacation, become sick, retire, die, are promoted, move to another department.... etc.
View Quote

She's not the only one but she is the best one by far.  Since everyone asks for her, sometimes it gets overwhelming.  Plus some people have zero patience.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

She's not the only one but she is the best one by far.  Since everyone asks for her, sometimes it gets overwhelming.  Plus some people have zero patience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe Deirdre will win the lottery.  It would be fun to watch some ot these guys here grovel and beg her not to quit her job.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well you need NFA stuff, normal guns are boring.  

Ok I called again to day, got right through.  She's really cool to talk to and knows her stuff, she said the ATF should approve a form 1 to SBS a traditional shotgun like a Remington Modle 11 without an AW cert, but if they wanted one she'll let me register it.  

Asked about the LEO needing to register his stuff since he is exempt, said no issue there at all.  Same would go for any Mil guys.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Cool. Thanks for the update. I've been following this thread.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ok I called again to day, got right through.  She's really cool to talk to and knows her stuff, she said the ATF should approve a form 1 to SBS a traditional shotgun like a Remington Modle 11 without an AW cert, but if they wanted one she'll let me register it.  

Asked about the LEO needing to register his stuff since he is exempt, said no issue there at all.  Same would go for any Mil guys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So do the exempt people who SBR have to send proof to the ATF of exemption the same way us second class citizens have to send a copy of our AWC? Like a copy of Corrections, MIL or LEO ID?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So do the exempt people who SBR have to send proof to the ATF of exemption the same way us second class citizens have to send a copy of our AWC? Like a copy of Corrections, MIL or LEO ID?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, they need the same things as the rest of us.  however they are able to register anything with DPS to get the AW cert.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#27]
-----
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top