Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2015 2:18:14 PM EDT
I'll be heading South from the Hartford area.  Is it right off 95 somewhere?  Generally when I head down this way I go 91-Merrit-rte 8-95

10+1 still GTG right?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#1]
its literally right off 95.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks 10+1
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:07:23 PM EDT
[#3]
From your way take Exit 29. left on Seaview then a right on Stratford ave.

Address is 1 Bass Pro Dr Bridgeport.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#4]
It wasn't bad to check out but I won't be going back unless I drive past it during my work travels.

It was interesting except for getting shanghai'd buy the guy selling vacation packages.  

It was really f'ing annoying to deal with this while I was looking for my wife and trying to navigate around the store for the first time with my son.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Much like Cabela's it is interesting to walk around and look. I never bought anything at Bass Pro and I have been to the MI store 5 or 6 times and a couple other locations too. Prices are insane.

They had some guy selling vacations or timeshares? Sounds like a hassle. Does it have a disgusting smelling trailer out front selling some sort of fried donut thing? I hate that about Cabela's. That trailer stinks like old dirty grease.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Much like Cabela's it is interesting to walk around and look. I never bought anything at Bass Pro and I have been to the MI store 5 or 6 times and a couple other locations too. Prices are insane.

They had some guy selling vacations or timeshares? Sounds like a hassle. Does it have a disgusting smelling trailer out front selling some sort of fried donut thing? I hate that about Cabela's. That trailer stinks like old dirty grease.
View Quote

Both used to be fantastic and inexpensive catalog outlets. Now they are shopping destinations with no good prices.

No need to shop there.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Both used to be fantastic and inexpensive catalog outlets. Now they are shopping destinations with no good prices.

No need to shop there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No need to shop there.

When I read this I thought of this

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/2I33k8vV3Sk
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No need to shop there.

https://youtu.be/2I33k8vV3Sk

I'm not condemning those that do. I go to these places all over the country when I travel for work. I just never see any deals. I buy stuff once in a while at the PA Cabellas on 78.  Low sales tax.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#9]
No greasy donut shack here.

It was a pretty easy in and easy out.  I don't usually go near stores this time of year but I figured we should check it out before it goes to sh!t.

I give it about 5 years and it will be run down and closed.

Prices were stupid high for the most part although it was too crowded to browse efficiently.

My son hit me up for the restaurant as he always does at Cablea's (food court there).  Eating is always his favorite part of the Cabela's visit.

Surprisingly, the food wasn't bad and I would prefer that they had a court as apposed to a restaurant.

The bowling alley was cool but I think the bar is a really bad idea.  I can see it getting ugly in there in the future, real ugly.

Honestly, the restaurant/bar/bowling alley seemed out of place to me.

Oh, we didn't buy anything except for the meals.  They had a couple decent door buster deals but we were there well after those were expired.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No greasy donut shack here.

It was a pretty easy in and easy out.  I don't usually go near stores this time of year but I figured we should check it out before it goes to sh!t.

I give it about 5 years and it will be run down and closed.

Prices were stupid high for the most part although it was too crowded to browse efficiently.

My son hit me up for the restaurant as he always does at Cablea's (food court there).  Eating is always his favorite part of the Cabela's visit.

Surprisingly, the food wasn't bad and I would prefer that they had a court as apposed to a restaurant.

The bowling alley was cool but I think the bar is a really bad idea.  I can see it getting ugly in there in the future, real ugly.

Honestly, the restaurant/bar/bowling alley seemed out of place to me.

Oh, we didn't buy anything except for the meals.  They had a couple decent door buster deals but we were there well after those were expired.

View Quote

Next time I am on my way home from Long Island I will stop just to check it out. I don't expect to buy anything just look around.

Bass Pro will only survive if the whole area gets built as proposed. Otherwise it will under perform like our Cabela's.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#11]
There is a bar in the store?  Now THAT is funny!  Bass Pro in the ghetto makes me laugh every time I think of it.

The last time I was in Bridgeport was around 1972.  It was a shit hole then.  I can only imagine how bad it is now.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:42:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I stopped in yesterday with a buddy.  Like others have said, much like Cabelas, and very crowded.  However, when I went up to the firearms section, I was pleasantly surprised to see a very large supply of .22LR by various manufacturers. When was the last time you saw new .22 short on the shelf?   I wound up buying just over 3K at about .06 each OTD.  Then, just for good measure, I bit the bullet and ponied up about .11 a round OTD for a 500 round box of Winchester sub-sonic.  That was no bargain, but I was there, it was there, and I have yet to see it for less the .09, so I did a convenience buy.

Didn't really look at the guns, but what I did notice was straight retail.  The do seem to have a bit more firearms accessories then Cabelas, but a smaller gun, and gun safe section.

Hopefully, Bass Pro, and any other development they do down there succeed.  I despise Bridgeport as it is now, but it was once a great little city, and I wish it could be again.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top