Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2015 11:40:19 AM EDT
Like the title says, anyone a member over there? Thinking about joining, what's the environment like? Anyone heard any rumors? Is it a Fuddclub? Will I be chastised for bringing out my EBR? Enquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd also like to note that this place is about 5 minutes from home and that's why I'm considering joining there...well, that and I have an "in" there, too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried to join but they never responded to calls or emails.  Joined Somers Sportsman Association instead.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
What's wit da eboniks in da title
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Smh lmao mane.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shissun, I bin hangin wit my homies, gnome zane? Bin spennin 2much tyme in New Haven...
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Grew up 1500 yards away from the range and share some  wooded property lines.

Great for pistol and zeroing. Range is only ~75 yards. Kind of floods out in the spring thaw, usable but inconvenient. EPD does qualifying/training once a year, all the free brass you want, just gotta pick it out of the grass.

Mostly a very quiet range, one or two people there at the regularly busy times, nobody there otherwise. I've spent tons of time there by myself, taking my time, setting up multiple target stations etc. Never seen an RO there, which can be great and bad I suppose. That said, I've never been uncomfortable or met a bad member. Good mix of young and old. I personally know about a dozen there in their late 20's early thirties.

Very small club. I'm sure there are some Fudds, it's unavoidable. I was a member but lapsed on it while I lived in VT. I'm on the wait list again. Worth the price for the convenience, IMHO. GREAT place to grab a couple hand full of rounds and cap off a day if you're that close.

No rapid fire rules, no NFA rules etc. I used to hear it all the time. No rules on guests within assumed responsibility of your membership. I've gone with a few before.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Nah yo. Ain nahbudy en dat club. Stake Woke Bro.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#8]
zegermanznew and Todyrock, I'm a member at Somers, too.  I meet "Edge" in Somers at that Pleasant valley restaurant in Somers plaza sometimes for dinner before the meeting.  If you guys can make it we try to make 6pm at the lastest so we can eat and head to the meeting place. Just email me if you'd like to meet us sometime.

Anyone who might want to go to Somers with me as a guest just has to ask.  I'm available during the day if I'm not in my shop.  Just email me directly and I'll have you there as my guest.  We've got a 100 yd rifle and 50 rd pistol range and have just begun building a 300meter rifle range (!) which will be awesome.  Bigger and better pistol range as well.  Both pistol and rifle are covered so shoot in the worse weather.  

Zegarmanznew/Todyrock, we should both meet there sometime.  Maybe we have and didn't know it.

Rome
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#9]
A 300 yd range would be nice.  I'm on the short list for east winsdor. Not looking forward to their high first year membership costs and no blue skies ranges.

I received no response from either Enfield or somers when I started looking.  I joined westfield, but their leadership sucks.  I've tried both rockville and stafford.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A 300 yd range would be nice.  I'm on the short list for east winsdor. Not looking forward to their high first year membership costs and no blue skies ranges.

I received no response from either Enfield or somers when I started looking.  I joined westfield, but their leadership sucks.  I've tried both rockville and stafford.
View Quote

Somers has a pretty poor website. Thanks to Cabinetman I was able to get into Somers. I have been trying to contact the Somers webmaster. I want to update the site and get it in the 21st century.

Rome, if you are going during the week with zager and/or Toady let me know. I will try to arrange my schedule to join you guys.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 5:07:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I didn't realize there were so many Arfcommers in this area! So we have the Wolcott Militia, should we label ourselves the East of the River Militia?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 6:10:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Somers has a pretty poor website. Thanks to Cabinetman I was able to get into Somers. I have been trying to contact the Somers webmaster. I want to update the site and get it in the 21st century.

Rome, if you are going during the week with zager and/or Toady let me know. I will try to arrange my schedule to join you guys.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the (html) coded site lol.

Rome and Edge we should all go shooting sometime. It has been way over due.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:33:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, you've all got my email address. I'm available on my own schedule for the most part.  Before we have to shovel we should hit the range together, shoot some plates and grab a bite.  I'll even bring the Dirty Harry 44 mag revolver.  It hits the steel plates so hard that they bounce back up!  

And, to anyone else, this Somers club is like most other clubs, pretty laid back.  We've got about 350 members but you'd never know it because during the week you'd be hard pressed to see anyone else there.  On the weekends it's attended a bit more as you might expect.  And, there are a number of contests that run from time to time and even turkey shoots.  What will be amazing is when we open the 300 meter range.  That's going to be excellent.  What we're going to do is build a road along side of the range so we can run a car down to the targets.  That'a s bit easier than walking 1/2 a mile up and back although we all could probably use the excercise.  WE'll also be marking the 100 and 200 yard positions, of course.

We also have an agreement with a few of the PDs in the area including East Windsor and the CSP.  They built a qualifying pistol pit with the steel plates on our property.  The need a place to shoot and we make our club available to them.  Occasionally we also host the guard for M4 qualifying.  Those dates are clearly made public in advance because we close the club down that day.    

Rome
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:43:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's do it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top