Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2015 9:27:34 PM EDT
They want $15 an hour..
Link to Story

I hope this won't kick back to the owner of company.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You can thank Obama for the disrespect and hostility to the men and women in uniform.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:37:26 PM EDT
[#2]
The few stores that I am familiar with hire former addicts and inmates regularly. You would be surprised.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:10:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats real retarded, sir.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:26:31 AM EDT
[#4]
When stores do that they end up getting robbed.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:58:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't read the link, but I heard about it on TV.  The guy who said that and his manager went after the cop and apologized.  Knowing how the media makes mountains out of mole hills is it possible the guy was only kidding and the cop took it the wrong way?

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can thank Obama for the disrespect and hostility to the men and women in uniform.
View Quote

You are completely correct.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I didn't read the link, but I heard about it on TV.  The guy who said that and his manager went after the cop and apologized.  Knowing how the media makes mountains out of mole hills is it possible the guy was only kidding and the cop took it the wrong way?

View Quote

It sounds very much like he could have been kidding, but regardless, it was fucking dumb whether he meant it or not.

Im curious to know who called it in to the news.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:00:50 AM EDT
[#8]
...someone is going to lose her job.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It sounds very much like he could have been kidding, but regardless, it was fucking dumb whether he meant it or not.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People say stupid stuff all the time.  Some learn.  Some don't.

Long ago on a far away planet I was a mechanic/service manager.  Among my customers were a number of Mafia (real Mafia).  These guys carried machine guns in their cars, and they actually killed people.  (Another state ...  no more details).  Anyway they were good customers and always friendly and kidding with me.  I was in my very early 20's.  One day I was kidding with one of them regarding fixing his car, or the delivery time, or something like that and I said: "Will you take out a contract on me?"  He didn't think it was funny.  I didn't lose my job.  I didn't make it onto TV.  Nothing happened other than I learned there were limits on what I could say to these guys regardless of how friendly they were.

I'm not defending the DD worker, but I am suggesting the media **might** have blown this out of proportion and/or **maybe** the cop has a stick up his ass and couldn't take a joke.  I don't know.  I wasn't there.  I don't necessarily believe anyone unless I see/hear it myself.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah the officer in question is the school SRO and about the nicest guy on the planet from all personal accounts.
The story is not blown out of proportion because he simply left without saying a word .
It was others in the store who were so appalled they followed him out.
The place was full and you choose then to "JOKE" in this current climate?
Employee should get canned,officer handled it very well by not responding to bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Jesus Fucking Christ!  

Okay so you guys forced me to click on the fucking Courant link (always a pain in the ass with my old computer).  

Based on that article (ONLY) there is no way I think the employee should be fired for making a fucking MINOR mistake, and immediately apologizing for it.

If not, then everyone of you guys who ever said a stupid thing in public should be fired, and flogged in the town center.

Cops are cops.  Civilians are civilians.  Neither are fucking saints because they do or do not wear a uniform..

Talk about a bunch of political correctness rubbish!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#12]
It was a black girl who in today's racially charged climate (thanks Obama) used extremely poor judgement in shouting out loud so all could hear they don't serve cops.  Joking or not imagine the outcry if she said they don't serve gay's, muslims, etc.  It evidently has now made national news, it's a shame how things have changed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah lets not have consequences or repercussions those are for suckers.
the 1st amendment protects your right to say what you want on your own time,it does not protect you from
company policy when your representing someone else at the time.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah the officer in question is the school SRO and about the nicest guy on the planet from all personal accounts.
The story is not blown out of proportion because he simply left without saying a word .
It was others in the store who were so appalled they followed him out.
The place was full and you choose then to "JOKE" in this current climate?
Employee should get canned,officer handled it very well by not responding to bullshit.
View Quote

Totally agree.  This was not a mistake, a joke or a minor slight.  As you noted, the people in line walked out with him.  The officer actually apologized to them because they didn't get their coffees.

All the manager did was offer a weak apology.  The employee still works there.  DD corporate dropped the ball too so far.  Maybe being on the national news like they were tonight will change their minds.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 6:59:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It wasn't just West Hartford, it happened in RI too.

http://news.yahoo.com/don-t-serve-cops-dunkin-donuts-employee-turned-200721407.html

View Quote

I was passing through my kitchen I just saw part of a piece about this on Fox & Friends.  There have been a number of incidents including someone writing "pig" on a cup, and other such stuff.  I don't know if this is a new trend, or the media reporting on something that has been going on for a while.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#18]
My Keurig never mouths off to me or fucks up my coffee. Costs like 80% less, too.

And if it does, I won't go to jail if I kill it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Jesus Fucking Christ!  

Okay so you guys forced me to click on the fucking Courant link (always a pain in the ass with my old computer).  

Based on that article (ONLY) there is no way I think the employee should be fired for making a fucking MINOR mistake, and immediately apologizing for it.

If not, then everyone of you guys who ever said a stupid thing in public should be fired, and flogged in the town center.

Cops are cops.  Civilians are civilians.  Neither are fucking saints because they do or do not wear a uniform..

Talk about a bunch of political correctness rubbish!
View Quote

What if the jerk said we don't serve old white guys?

Fuck $2 a cup coffee too. Go to cumbys make your own with out jerk spit in it for 99 cents.

Fuvk that bulllshit
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Well this just won't die. Personally the employees should be fired.

CNN has the story now.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:00:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Had a break w coworkers, some guy who had been banned comes in and decides to shoot dope in bathroom w 6 cops 20 feet away. He loaded up a syringe for GF who was working...likely going to take a short bathroom break as well. Manager states she is recovering too...

Folgers instant or 5-bucks coffee (starbucks).

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I no longer serve police men... or police women!!!!!!!!!!!! just trying too stay current!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and up my post count!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 5:23:51 AM EDT
[#23]

There is a thread in team with a bunch of stories from a cop. The guy is m1-ED. they are petty good

here is a sample

Quoted:

I was at the station one night doing reports. Got done and walked outside to my patrol car. Checked my briefcase for forms and saw I was short some. Went back into the station. Came out and theres a guy 'standing by the front of the station I recogize (ie; arrested before, I'll call him Mr. Magoo).

I ask him whats up, and he ask if I want to by some dope? Now I'm in full uniform, standing in front of a Police Station 2ft from a marked Police Car.

I say to the guy "What?". Again he ask if I want to buy some Pot and says it good shit. So I say yeah. How much do you have? Well he doesn't have it on him but it's at his house. So I ask where he lives? He points across the street at the old two story that stands there and says right there. I tell him I can meet him there in about 10 minutes, Is that cool?. Sure.

He takes off for the house and I go into the Station and call the City next to me and talk to a Sgt I used to work with. I tell him whats going on. 5 minutes later 5 Officers from his town show up. I knock on the door of the drug house and Mr. Magoo answers. I ask if the deal is still on and he says yes. He says come on inside. At which point the other people in the house freak out. As the living room can best be described as a Drug Den.

I radio to the other Officers and arrest are made. At court Mr. Magoo claims entrapment. Mr. Magoo is convicted of all charges. And so are the people in the house.

Once while working in the office, the phone rang. I answered it by say **** Police Dept and the guy startes off telling me his Name, Address and Phone number. Now working as a Police Officer, I always wrote down shit people told me. And working in the Station answering the phone was no exception.

Than the guy proceeded to tell me how he had been trying to grow marijuana. But had not had any luck at it. And that all of his friends were growing it and had great looking plants. And he was doing the same things they were doing. But he couldn't get anything to grow. I asked the names of his friends as I might know them. So he tells me their names, I even had him confirm their addresses for me, as I was thumbing through the phonebook as he was tell me this shit.

So I ask him where he's been trying to grow his Pot? Indoor or Out? And I tell him maybe he doesn't know what it looks like and 'WE' could come over and have a look and see if in fact he has any Pot actually growing? At this, the guy gets antsy and ask if grow marijuana is illegal? I tell him the truth and he ask if he needs to talk to an attorney be I ask him anymore questions?

I tell him that he called me. And that he is not under arrest. Not a suspect. Not in-custody and if he wants to talk to an attorney he can do that. Than the guy hangs up. I call my Sgt and show him my notes. Sgt tells me to start typing up the Search Warrants, which we serve at 6am on him and his friends.

ps; the guys backyard was full of Pot plants. he was an idiot and had no clue what it looked like even though he had seen it at his friends house. and his friends were not to happy to find out that he had told us about them. he, not us told them, he told us.

Ed          
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top