Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2015 10:48:57 AM EDT
I recently picked up a High Standard 22lr pistol, but it only came with one magazine and I wanted to get another one. I found them at Numrich gun parts, ordered it with a few other parts. After receiving all the other parts I was wondering where my magazine was. I contacted the company and they said they will only sell magazines (even though this was a 10 rd magazine for a 40 year old gun) to FFL holders in CT. At no time during the order process did it mention this. When I tried to explain to them that 10 rd magazines are legal in CT all they told me was that it is company policy not to sell any magazines to CT unless they are going to an FFL. So I told them I will not be doing business with them ever again.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I recently picked up a High Standard 22lr pistol, but it only came with one magazine and I wanted to get another one. I found them at Numrich gun parts, ordered it with a few other parts. After receiving all the other parts I was wondering where my magazine was. I contacted the company and they said they will only sell magazines (even though this was a 10 rd magazine for a 40 year old gun) to FFL holders in CT. At no time during the order process did it mention this. When I tried to explain to them that 10 rd magazines are legal in CT all they told me was that it is company policy not to sell any magazines to CT unless they are going to an FFL. So I told them I will not be doing business with them ever again.
View Quote

Yeah, they're assinine.  They wouldn't even sell me parts (body, spring, base plate or follower) when I called about 6mos ago to get some parts for my SW 1076.  They wouldn't even consider selling me a single mag part if I sent in my permit & license.  Not to mention, everything Numrich had listed was absurdly overpriced.  Did a ton of searching and found a pawn shop in GA who was selling them for $25 each and was willing to sell me his entire stock (he had 16) for $300 shipped so at least I don't have to worry about dealing with that again anytime soon!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#2]
You need a permit to buy magazines in CT now. Numrich has sent me parts but I buy only what I can't find elsewhere from them. Never tried to buy a magazine.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:46:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I had already gone through this with them last year.  They carry aftermarket magazines for the .308 Ishapore Enfields. and I wanted one for my rifle (factory ones are 12 rounds).  They sent me a multi paragraph e-mail that explained all the reasons they put this policy in place.  It also said they would ship to a CT 01 FFL.

I replied that I would no longer do business with a company that placed further restrictions CT gun owners than the state.

Had the same exchange with SG Ammo on their forum here, except he wouldn't sell anything to CT, and told me we needed to change our politicians (ya think?).  Then he deleted the thread.  I will not do business with him even after I move out of CT.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:42:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had already gone through this with them last year.  They carry aftermarket magazines for the .308 Ishapore Enfields. and I wanted one for my rifle (factory ones are 12 rounds).  They sent me a multi paragraph e-mail that explained all the reasons they put this policy in place.  It also said they would ship to a CT 01 FFL.

I replied that I would no longer do business with a company that placed further restrictions CT gun owners than the state.

Had the same exchange with SG Ammo on their forum here, except he wouldn't sell anything to CT, and told me we needed to change our politicians (ya think?).  Then he deleted the thread.  I will not do business with him even after I move out of CT.
View Quote

Attitudes like this are why I also won't do business with companies that will not sell to us. They are giving in to the gun grabbers. That is their goal, make it difficult to purchase, too expensive or just scare people into doing it.

I did not know Numrich had this policy. Now that I do they are all but dead to me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#5]
They haven't stopped selling to us.  They just can't be bothered selling mags.  The issue with boycotting them is that they have parts that can not be gotten other places.  They will still send those parts to us, so in my book they are still gtg.  

I understand some of you guys, if they limit anything screw them, but I just bought some parts for my sten from them, which I could not find ANYWHERE else.  Got them fast and without issue.  

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They haven't stopped selling to us.  They just can't be bothered selling mags.  The issue with boycotting them is that they have parts that can not be gotten other places.  They will still send those parts to us, so in my book they are still gtg.  

I understand some of you guys, if they limit anything screw them, but I just bought some parts for my sten from them, which I could not find ANYWHERE else.  Got them fast and without issue.  

View Quote

Bending, as I stated in a previous post, I will buy from them when I can't find it anywhere else. Usually their prices are higher but a lot of the time they have the part that nobody else has.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Bending, as I stated in a previous post, I will buy from them when I can't find it anywhere else. Usually their prices are higher but a lot of the time they have the part that nobody else has.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't directed at you edge
Just tossed out my opinion, and understand anyone who choses not to do business with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top