Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 10:59:21 PM EDT
Looks like they will be making a Saiga sporter, a tacticool AKM, and 2 Saiga 12 shotguns. I wonder if they will producing a "sporting" version of the shotgun, even if they did it would be considered a "copy or duplicate" of the Saiga 12. This state sucks balls. Fuck you Malloy.

Full Article Here
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:28:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the AKM typically stamped or milled?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:00:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the AKM typically stamped or milled?
View Quote

Yes

AKM - Avtomat Kalashnikova Modernizirovanniy - Kalashnikov modernized automatic rifle.  The modernized means stamped receiver.

AKs started out as stamped receivers, but the Russians had a hard time getting the stamped construct right in the late 40s, early 50s.  So, they went to a milled receiver.  Eventually, they figured it out, and went back to the stamping.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:02:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looks like they will be making a Saiga sporter, a tacticool AKM, and 2 Saiga 12 shotguns. I wonder if they will producing a "sporting" version of the shotgun, even if they did it would be considered a "copy or duplicate" of the Saiga 12. This state sucks balls. Fuck you Malloy.

Full Article Here
View Quote

Well, at least the rifles may be legal here!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:05:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice.  Let's see if anyone will sell them
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why wouldn't they?  I see Saiga rifles in most CT gun shops I go into.

Before all the SH disaster, I had a 5.56 version in my hands at Hoffman's for $330!  Just didn't need another AK.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:15:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Before all the SH disaster, I had a 5.56 version in my hands at Hoffman's for $330!  Just didn't need another AK.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice.
Please Let me know which places carry saigas.  I'd sure like one in 7.62x39....
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:26:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice.

The problem is, since Obama banned the import of them, the prices have doubled.  Also, the availability has been spotty.  I don't now what part of the state you are in, but I saw a few at CT Firearms and Tactical in Orange a while back.  Places like Hoffman's, Delta, Greysons come to mind, give them a call.  Or wait, and see if this new supply of Saigas brings the prices down when they start hitting the market.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:45:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The problem is, since Obama banned the import of them, the prices have doubled.  Also, the availability has been spotty.  I don't now what part of the state you are in, but I saw a few at CT Firearms and Tactical in Orange a while back.  Places like Hoffman's, Delta, Greysons come to mind, give them a call.  Or wait, and see if this new supply of Saigas brings the prices down when they start hitting the market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice.

Ah....since I've still seen them listed online I figured they didn't get banned after all
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#9]
These are not real or accurate Kalashnikov products. This company was the last company to have the Saiga import contract before the import ban came down. After that happened they were barred from contact with Kalashnikov Concern. As such, they stole the Kalashnikov name due to no risk of blowback. Kalashnikov USA did a long long interview with I believe The Firearm Blog detailing how they have nothing to do with Kalashnikov Concern. No tooling, ect.

These rifles are only existing stock spotter saigas being converted into bastardized versions. That said Kalashnikov USA said they were starting manufacturing of some modern AK design's, possibly the AK12 or 100, so time will tell if they managed to get the specs.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
These are not real or accurate Kalashnikov products. This company was the last company to have the Saiga import contract before the import ban came down. After that happened they were barred from contact with Kalashnikov Concern. As such, they stole the Kalashnikov name due to no risk of blowback. Kalashnikov USA did a long long interview with I believe The Firearm Blog detailing how they have nothing to do with Kalashnikov Concern. No tooling, ect.

These rifles are only existing stock spotter saigas being converted into bastardized versions. That said Kalashnikov USA said they were starting manufacturing of some modern AK design's, possibly the AK12 or 100, so time will tell if they managed to get the specs.
View Quote

This 100%. I didn't want to be that guy to rain on everyone's parade.  I wouldn't take one of these for free, honestly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top