BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
THe state is changing shit behind the scenes.  They want to see what they can get away with.  Bans on whatever, freezes on transfers, lists of firearms that are allowed and disallowed for sale that are more extensive than ever........they aren't going to make anything public ahead of time this time around.  

Hope I'm wrong.
View Quote

This may be exactly what is going on, but at least we still have some politicians on our side here (unlike the CT congressional delegation, the Obama dream team).  Enough people start yelling, and they may back down.  It is one thing to have the legislature get together and pass new laws, but it is another for state agencies to move unilaterally.  It was the public (and political) pressure that kept ATF from banning (for now) imports of green tipped 5.56.

There is another side of this story.  NFA firearms are regulated in a way that would make Obama/Malloy/Bloomberg cum.  And they have a near perfect 80 year record of not being used in crimes.  I don't think that any move to ban NFA transfers would have much political traction.  

Everyone is theorizing that this is over SBRing prebans.  I have to wonder why it would be a problem?  If you take a preban AR that can be sold to anyone in CT, register it as an AW to get ATF to approve the Form 1, the state now has that rifle in the AW database, and it is no longer sellable to anyone else in the state.  Win for the anti-gun crowd.  And, it the issue is with SBRs, why the TOTAL freeze, on ALL  transfers.  The form 1 or 4 are clearly marked as to what kind of firearm it is.  Since CT laws allows suppressors, DDs, and all the rest, you have to wonder what is really going on.  And, THAT is exactly what I want to know!
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#2]
^me too.

What is weird is that first we were hearing that he ATF was going over our laws.
Then we hear that a letter was sent to the ATF, and that's what they were trying to figure out.
Now we hear that the CT SA is the one who put a halt to transfers.

What the hell is really going on, and how is it possible that no one has a clue?!
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
^me too.

What is weird is that first we were hearing that he ATF was going over our laws.
Then we hear that a letter was sent to the ATF, and that's what they were trying to figure out.
Now we hear that the CT SA is the one who put a halt to transfers.

What the hell is really going on, and how is it possible that no one has a clue?!
View Quote

That is what is most ominous and disturbing!  And here I thought liberal run governments were transparent and forthcoming!
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you take a preban AR that can be sold to anyone in CT, register it as an AW to get ATF to approve the Form 1, the state now has that rifle in the AW database, and it is no longer sellable to anyone else in the state.
View Quote

Why cannot a preban, even when registered as an AW, not be sold or transferred to another person? The statute (Sec. 53-202m) that governors prebans indicates they are not subject to the registration requirements and are not subject to the ban on transfer/sales (apparently even the specific ban on registered AW's listed in Sec. 53-202d(b)(1) or (2)).
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Guys . Relax . Shit hit the fan long before this. I'm sure nfa will be over turned  at some point here . I feel for those that have shit tied up but this shouldn't be surprising .

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Guys . Relax .
View Quote

Oh come now, you know its much easier not to mention being the ARFCOM way to...

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Guys check out the Washington state HTF.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm really surprised about the relax/wait and see attitudes....
This looks like a silent attack and infringement of our rights.  I guess you guys are happy with your 10 round mags as well.

A couple years ago everyone here was clamoring to rally against any changes and new laws....now sit back relax and wait n see.....

ETA: why'd you remove your post milspec(im really curious)
    Sounds like they're in a similar boat as us....
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was told by my inspector that any state with awb laws were on hold as well....it was not just CT.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why cannot a preban, even when registered as an AW, not be sold or transferred to another person? The statute (Sec. 53-202m) that governors prebans indicates they are not subject to the registration requirements and are not subject to the ban on transfer/sales (apparently even the specific ban on registered AW's listed in Sec. 53-202d(b)(1) or (2)).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you take a preban AR that can be sold to anyone in CT, register it as an AW to get ATF to approve the Form 1, the state now has that rifle in the AW database, and it is no longer sellable to anyone else in the state.

Well, it may be a case of me making a giant ASS of  YOU and ME for assuming something!  I have not seen anyone offering a pre-ban SBR for sale, so I ASSUMED that once you registered it as an AW, the pre-ban was restricted to sales to the exempt class like post ban firearms.  If someone knows otherwise, please educate me!

Anyway, here is my logic.  When you file a form 1, it is seeking permission to "make" an NFA firearm.  Therefore, your pre-ban Eagle Arms AR receiver, becomes a "new made" firearm after the form 1 is approved, and it looses it's pre-ban status.  I cannot imagine the State "doing you a solid", and just giving you a CofP to hook you up with ATF, and then letting you sell it unrestricted.  When it enters the AW registry, it is an AW like all the rest of the post-bans.  This may in fact, be the exact issue that is being discussed between the State and ATF.

Of course, this may all be moot if they stop all transfers for good.

The thing that makes this so scary is the government's choice to treat this like a criminal investigation, and not provide any details.  They are however, allowing their employees to spread rumors and concern among the taxpayers.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:46:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm really surprised about the relax/wait and see attitudes....
This looks like a silent attack and infringement of our rights.  I guess you guys are happy with your 10 round mags as well.

A couple years ago everyone here was clamoring to rally against any changes and new laws....now sit back relax and wait n see.....

ETA: why'd you remove your post milspec(im really curious)
    Sounds like they're in a similar boat as us....
View Quote

This state was lost long ago. End of discussion . What happens from now on shouldn't ruffle any feathers.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well, it may be a case of me making a giant ASS of  YOU and ME for assuming something!  I have not seen anyone offering a pre-ban SBR for sale, so I ASSUMED that once you registered it as an AW, the pre-ban was restricted to sales to the exempt class like post ban firearms.  If someone knows otherwise, please educate me!

Anyway, here is my logic.  When you file a form 1, it is seeking permission to "make" an NFA firearm.  Therefore, your pre-ban Eagle Arms AR receiver, becomes a "new made" firearm after the form 1 is approved, and it looses it's pre-ban status.  I cannot imagine the State "doing you a solid", and just giving you a CofP to hook you up with ATF, and then letting you sell it unrestricted.  When it enters the AW registry, it is an AW like all the rest of the post-bans.  This may in fact, be the exact issue that is being discussed between the State and ATF.

The thing that makes this so scary is the government's choice to treat this like a criminal investigation, and not provide any details.  They are however, allowing their employees to spread rumors and concern among the taxpayers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pre bans that were registered as "AW's"  by a member here, were successfully sold to another Ct resident. I remember the posts
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I was told by my inspector that any state with awb laws were on hold as well....it was not just CT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See, this is EXACTLY what I am talking about.  We keep getting different stories from each ATF employee we talk to.  Either the rank and file ATF is being fed rumors, or it is an organized dis-information campaign.

I smell the Obama administration's Justice Department at work.  More of Barry's phone and pen at work here!  Using administrative tactics to impose further gun restrictions in AWB states that wont push back!
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#15]
To the post above I'm not a troll, just stirring the pot here. If there is a step 2 idk what it is.  Just ball busting fellas

Got to make light of it.  

And because this is happening doesn't make it right and we should be told what's going on and what they are thinking but I'm sure they don't know what is going on either to the full extent of things, which is why they are quiet. Let it pan out and see what happens guys.  I wouldn't pester them.  It's only been a few days...
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
To the post above I'm not a troll, just stirring the pot here. If there is a step 2 idk what it is.  Just ball busting fellas

Got to make light of it.  

And because this is happening doesn't make it right and we should be told what's going on and what they are thinking but I'm sure they don't know what is going on either to the full extent of things, which is why they are quiet. Let it pan out and see what happens guys.  I wouldn't pester them.  It's only been a few days...
View Quote

Haha I tried to tell em

And im stirring the pot in my own way, im pissed, and there doesnt seem to be any way to resolve anything.

But its been about a month actually.  At the beginning of last week, one of the SOT guys said it had been at least 2 weeks since they had received an approved form.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Ahh I see. See? I don't follow this shit too close but enough to get general info.  Doesn't concern me due to the fact I don't have nfa items and don't plan on it due to the budget, for a while.  It's hard saving money to have enough in the savings for 3 months of absolute no income.  That's my goal. But this whole house thing is tough at 22..

I really want a sparrow suppressor for my mk2 and 10/22.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:34:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Fired up all the ccdl dumbass gun nexkbearders on ctgt...
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:10:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Glad you think it's funny.  Gun owners in CT have been fucked with enough, without people in our own ranks spreading lies to make people worry more.  I tagged your post over there as BS the second I saw it.

Not trolling?  You meet the very definition of trolling, especially with your bragging about inflicting your "humor" on another board.

a troll (/'tro?l/, /'tr?l/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Moderator?
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 7:41:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Pre bans that were registered as "AW's"  by a member here, were successfully sold to another Ct resident. I remember the posts
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes there was at least one person who registered their prebans without realizing they didn't have to and subsequently sold them. The question comes down to did one have to obtain a CoP prior to 4/4/13 in order to SBR a rifle? I don't recall people having to do that. If that is the case, what changed. Why the reinterpretation by ATF? There is also the issue of language used. ATF uses "make" on the Form 1, where as the state used "manufactured" when defining prebans. The state generally treats the lower as the firearm for AW registration purposes (even though some apparently were able to register pistol barrels as AW's) not the upper. Even if CT initiated the hold on ATF releasing the approvals that doesn't explain, if claims are true, other ban states having their forms also on hold unless there is coordination behind the scenes by various state level officials to back door more gun control. There is probably a very simple explanation for all of this but in typical government fashion there is a lack of transparency. <shrugs>
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 7:53:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This state was lost long ago. End of discussion . What happens from now on shouldn't ruffle any feathers.
View Quote

That's absolutely correct, IMHO. Clearly, the government's agenda is to disarm, over time, it's citizens. The fact that they are actively pursuing that agenda shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes there was at least one person who registered their prebans without realizing they didn't have to and subsequently sold them. The question comes down to did one have to obtain a CoP prior to 4/4/13 in order to SBR a rifle? I don't recall people having to do that. If that is the case, what changed. Why the reinterpretation by ATF? There is also the issue of language used. ATF uses "make" on the Form 1, where as the state used "manufactured" when defining prebans. The state generally treats the lower as the firearm for AW registration purposes (even though some apparently were able to register pistol barrels as AW's) not the upper. Even if CT initiated the hold on ATF releasing the approvals that doesn't explain, if claims are true, other ban states having their forms also on hold unless there is coordination behind the scenes by various state level officials to back door more gun control. There is probably a very simple explanation for all of this but in typical government fashion there is a lack of transparency. <shrugs>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Without more details, we are discussing this in the dark.  If it was a matter of someone erroneously registering pre-bans, and then selling them, that makes sense. Those firearms would be exempt under the pre-ban clause.  However, if that individual registered the pre-bans as AWs, then SBRed them, then the whole Form 1 "making" of a new firearm, and possibly removing the pre-ban status, comes into play.  Those would be two different legal situations.

As far as any possible reinterpretation by ATF, that agency has a long and proven record of reversing their interpretations on EVERYTHING under their purview.

You are probably right, there is probably a very simple explanation for all of this.  There have been a number of law changes, in several states, since SH.  It may actually just be an ATF, country wide, re-evaluation of how federal and state gun laws interact.  It makes sense.  However, apparently there is no need on the part of ATF to let us in on it.  It is far better that taxpayers find out through the grapevine, and are told multiple conflicting stories by random ATF employees.  

Of course, there is always the Obama factor.  He is out of his mind frustrated he can't get more gun laws through, and has a proven record of getting his way by side-stepping the law.  Given the power and latitude the ATF has when it comes to guns, I would certainly not be surprised if the Obama administration instructed them to block whatever they could, by any means they could get away with.  A "legal review", in states with proven anti-gun records, with solidly Democratic congressional delegations who won't cause any problems for ATF, seems like a win-win for Barry O.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Did your wife squat in your fruit loops? Relax bud.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad you think it's funny.  Gun owners in CT have been fucked with enough, without people in our own ranks spreading lies to make people worry more.  I tagged your post over there as BS the second I saw it.

Not trolling?  You meet the very definition of trolling, especially with your bragging about inflicting your "humor" on another board.

a troll (/'tro?l/, /'tr?l/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Moderator?

Way ta go @&)!
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:05:51 AM EDT
[#25]
IBTL
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moderator?

Hum...  I point out how your on-line behavior is less than helpful, even providing a formal definition of why, and you respond with a condescending personal insult.  I believe I have made my point.

Also, As a member of both the CCDL, and the CTGT forum (as are many members here), I can assure you I am neither a dumb ass, or a neckbeard (I believe that is what you were attempting to spell).  Apparently, you have an some issue with both those groups.  I would remind you that, no matter the differences, they/we are allies in a common fight.  We should spend our time assisting each other, instead of attempting to cause harm.

Your original comments here, no matter how unhelpful, did not concern me.  However, when you took the time to troll over at CTGT, then brag about it here, it shows an apparent lack of good judgment, and prompted my reply.  Instead of spending time and effort to defend an un-defendable position , try learning, growing, and becoming an asset to the fight.

Please, everyone stop the personal insults, so the moderators wont lock the thread.  This information is important to many (but obviously not all), and we don't need it locked down because of a few malcontents.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moderator?

fucking kids
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Hum...  I point out how your on-line behavior is less than helpful, even providing a formal definition of why, and you respond with a condescending personal insult.  I believe I have made my point.

Also, As a member of both the CCDL, and the CTGT forum (as are many members here), I can assure you I am neither a dumb ass, nor a neckbeard (I believe that is what you were attempting to spell).  Apparently, you have an some issue with both those groups.  I would remind you that, no matter the differences, they/we are allies in a common fight.  We should spend our time assisting each other, instead of attempting to cause harm.

Your original comments here, no matter how unhelpful, did not concern me.  However, when you took the time to troll over at CTGT, then brag about it here, it shows an apparent lack of good judgment, and prompted my reply.  Instead of spending time and effort to defend an un-defendable position , try learning, growing, and becoming an asset to the fight.

Please, everyone stop the personal insults, so the moderators wont lock the thread.  This information is important to many (but obviously not all), and we don't need it locked down because of a few malcontents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moderator?

Also, As a member of both the CCDL, and the CTGT forum (as are many members here), I can assure you I am neither a dumb ass, nor a neckbeard (I believe that is what you were attempting to spell).  Apparently, you have an some issue with both those groups.  I would remind you that, no matter the differences, they/we are allies in a common fight.  We should spend our time assisting each other, instead of attempting to cause harm.

Oops!  Double post.  On second thought, maybe I am a dumb ass!
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Oh my god you can't make a sbr and you have to wait for suppressors. Big fucking deal.  You can't use suppressors to hunt with, it's a bragging right. Yea I'd like to have one but it's a waste. They collect dust in the safe. And sbr...it's a cool factor.  We should be able to have these items, but having to wait longer on top of the wait that you all already have, big deal.  You don't need them tomorrow for cqb... And if you did you wouldn't fill paper work out to be legal.  

Relax. Sit back, and wait. It'll pan out.

On the other note, I have serveral friends at the state and they said it isn't looking well for us at all.  It's just step 1.  If I told you what step 2 is that I know of, you wouldn't be freaking out of this little delema.  

View Quote

I hunted with my can 3 weeks ago.  Now I'm waiting for another can and sbr my first lower to build another more powerful and nimble hunting rig.  All this hunting is done in another state of course.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I hunted with my can 3 weeks ago.  Now I'm waiting for another can and sbr my first lower to build another more powerful and nimble hunting rig.  All this hunting is done in another state of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh my god you can't make a sbr and you have to wait for suppressors. Big fucking deal.  You can't use suppressors to hunt with, it's a bragging right. Yea I'd like to have one but it's a waste. They collect dust in the safe. And sbr...it's a cool factor.  We should be able to have these items, but having to wait longer on top of the wait that you all already have, big deal.  You don't need them tomorrow for cqb... And if you did you wouldn't fill paper work out to be legal.  

On the other note, I have serveral friends at the state and they said it isn't looking well for us at all.  It's just step 1.  If I told you what step 2 is that I know of, you wouldn't be freaking out of this little delema.  

Which I understand that aspect of it but for the people just wanting them to be cool, need to relax.

That was the whole purpose of my post, let it pan out and see what they decide.  Pestering isn't doing anyone any good.  It's just a guessing game at this point
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Which I understand that aspect of it but for the people just wanting them to be cool, need to relax.

That was the whole purpose of my post, let it pan out and see what they decide.  Pestering isn't doing anyone any good.  It's just a guessing game at this point
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood now that I read the last page.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Looks like a few guys in WA have had their form 4's approved as of today. I know they were on hold as well. Not sure if this means anything for us but figured I would point it out.

Anyone with efiled form 1 that can check status online?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Looks like a few guys in WA have had their form 4's approved as of today. I know they were on hold as well. Not sure if this means anything for us but figured I would point it out.

View Quote

A buddy got his 3 SBR stamps today.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:42:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Ct? Efiled? Preban?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

In Ct? Efiled? Preban?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Ct? Efiled? Preban?

CT, yes, both.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#37]
CT. Efile in march. 1 post ban ar. 1 preban ar. 1 post ban 22lr. So I have heard.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Great news. I have a paperform 1 filed in january that was gtg other than the hold, so I will report what i find. It was a registered post ban lower.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Registered post ban lower and registered post ban 22lr. Obviously preban had to be registered after the fact to get atf approval.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Well ........I am glad this is all working out! I have to say that I am glad things appear to have returned to normal. Now we can get on with it!
My suggestion to anyone is if you want something ya better do it now, before the shitheads start again. Do it....DO IT NOW
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#41]
This should become a pic thread now. I generally dont post pics but think we should now of nfa items!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This should become a pic thread now. I generally dont post pics but think we should now of nfa items!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I just got my individual form 4 for a suppressor back from state today... now its off to ATF for the long wait.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#46]
SBR ar10
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
SBR ar10
View Quote

The top one?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
The top one?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SBR ar10

The top one?
Yea it has a telescopic stock now

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I just got my individual form 4 for a suppressor back from state today... now its off to ATF for the long wait.
View Quote

What's the address you mailed it to and who's attention?  I would like to get a form 1 for an SBR in the works.

Did you enclose any kind of request letter?

You can get the photo and prints done after correct?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What's the address you mailed it to and who's attention?  I would like to get a form 1 for an SBR in the works.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take the photo yourself in front of a white wall.  Put your camera on the timer.  Print the picture right on your printer at home.  Tape it to the form.  Ive had 5 forms approved with this type of picture
You can even do the prints yourself.  But its kinda tough.  Ive done one set myself and that form was approved with no issues.  Definitely not as nice as the ones done at the Police Station, but they worked.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top