Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2015 9:39:45 PM EDT
I will be going with that Sardo guy around 1PM.  Any other members around and want to shoot?

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
In
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Man I wish. But I think the wife is giving me the evil eye just for contemplating it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I would  like to get up there one day for a carbine or 2 gun shoot,.

I'm shooting with TSX Saturday AM, shake the cobwebs off.

Take pics and post
We will do the same

Meet back here in the afternoon and compare notes!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I will be going with that Sardo guy around 1PM.  Any other members around and want to shoot?

View Quote

Goddamn it... Somebody invite me to metacon, I want to shoot to damn it!!!!
I have cool fucking toys
WTF!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:59:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish I could go. Have fubar at work.
So bad that I didn't even arrange the pickup/transfer of my newly won vickers glock 17 from the Metacon meeting.

Nutter, I got you next time I go as said. I promise!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:24:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Will be there with some local PD guys right around that time.   Look for the suppressed LT OBR .  Stop by and say hi.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:55:41 AM EDT
[#7]
In!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:16:26 AM EDT
[#8]
where is this place?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
where is this place?
View Quote

Simsbury, 106 Nod rd

I'm a member, so I can have 2 guests.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Simsbury, 106 Nod rd

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
where is this place?

Simsbury, 106 Nod rd

oh.. far far
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:35:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Simsbury, 106 Nod rd

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
where is this place?

Simsbury, 106 Nod rd

Make that 1, I spoke for you in case nutter wants to come!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:50:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
where is this place?

Simsbury, 106 Nod rd

Ok. Only stupid shit now.....small talk I might be working tomorrow. I can still get there by 3pm. I'll update as soon as I find out.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Yup, just got called in. Damn it! I'm too greedy to pass up the money. I'll still try to swing over by 3, if you guys think you'll still be there.

Bending......text me later, I can hook up with you for your ammo. I'll be at metacon today but, of course I took it out of my truck and left it at home. But, I'll get it to you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Bring some .22 if you want to use the converted Mac11.

Most of you know what we own so post any requests and which calibers I should bring to try out your toys.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bring some .22 if you want to use the converted Mac11.

Most of you know what we own so post any requests and which calibers I should bring to try out your toys.

View Quote

I will see you there
Bring some 7.62x39 and 5.56 if ya want to shoot my stuff- I will bring some extra ammo but it never lasts long
Edit to add- looking forward to meeting those that I have not yet met- bending, conndcj and a few others
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#16]
You guys are missing out.
Tot basketball
Easter bunny meet and great at library
4 year old frozen themed birthday party

Maybe bed bath and beyond and Home Depot if I'am lucky
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Tot basketball

View Quote

It doesnt sound like you'll have enough time!

Definitely bringing the GoPro tomorrow, should have some good videos for that thread!

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Tot basketball

View Quote

Give 'em one for Brodie

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tot basketball

View Quote

Oh fun!

Good thing my kid is 18. He wants to go shooting Sunday.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:55:08 PM EDT
[#20]
The Vector V51 will be there too, so bring some 7.62  

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:31:17 AM EDT
[#21]
I'll be there late....3ish.
I threw 2 of my steel targets in my truck, incase anyone wants to blast (pistol calibers) at some steel that's closer than 100yds,......10yds min.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Tot basketball

View Quote

sounds like my day!

finish painting trim then hang curtains in the nursery
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Im in. I'll be there around noon with some brass makers
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#24]
I am out
My baby sitter (mom) won't drive in the snow
Wtf- it's spring already- enough with this shit
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:32:22 AM EDT
[#25]
It was great meeting you guys at the range.

Those HKs made quite the pile of brass.  Thanks for letting me dump a mag out of it!  
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Had a lot of fun yesterday meeting fellow gunners. One fellow had a 51 I'm assuming a SBR. He offered me to shot the gun and must say while shooting it, my fillings came loose. Must be a BLAST in FA mode. Some guys had various .223 and .30 cal cans. Very impressive. Nice to hear one of the cans I have on order. Next time I'm bringing the belt gun.
Than it's turkey time!

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Had a lot of fun yesterday meeting fellow gunners. One fellow had a 51 I'm assuming a SBR. He offered me to shot the gun and must say while shooting it, my fillings came loose. Must be a BLAST in FA mode. Some guys had various .223 and .30 cal cans. Very impressive. Nice to hear one of the cans I have on order. Next time I'm bringing the belt gun.
Than it's turkey time!
http://i57.tinypic.com/1zox5yb.jpg
View Quote

Does that have a preference for brand of ammo?  

The Vector belongs 'Sardo_67'  He is on a time out here at the moment.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I've had great luck with both brass and steel cased ammo in both .308 and in .223.

Got some you want to waste?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I've had great luck with both brass and steel cased ammo in both .308 and in .223.

Got some you want to waste?
View Quote

Ill get some!  My gopro was acting up yesterday, so I wasnt able to get any video of you guys on the HK but I'd love to get some video with that baby!

What was the big one you had though, with the sear?  HK21?

It was nice to meet you guys yesterday though!  Good time!
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#30]
That was my PTR 91 ASSAULT WEAPON.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That was my PTR 91 ASSAULT WEAPON.
View Quote

Sounds way too evil.  

But thanks, I wasnt sure what it was, and forgot to ask!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#32]
I was at Hartford Gun Club yesterday with a couple of friends and saw Mak90 and he pointed out Edgephoto but I didn't introduce myself. Although he's banned Mak90 and his kid were still repping arf hats. Yesterday was a great day of shooting with good weather. I finally got to shoot some 5.56 through my homemade suppressor. That was my first time at Hartford. Nice range.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I was at Hartford Gun Club yesterday with a couple of friends and saw Mak90 and he pointed out Edgephoto but I didn't introduce myself. Although he's banned Mak90 and his kid were still repping arf hats. Yesterday was a great day of shooting with good weather. I finally got to shoot some 5.56 through my homemade suppressor. That was my first time at Hartford. Nice range.
View Quote

Mak90 said he met another Arfcommer yesterday. Should have joined us at Bear's Smokehouse afterward.

Lostman are you a member at Hartford?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Mak90 said he met another Arfcommer yesterday. Should have joined us at Bear's Smokehouse afterward.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No unfortunately I'm not. I was a guest of my friend who just got a cop job in Avon. He has a membership through the PD. I was very impressed with the range. It showed me what I wish Blue Trail was. Not sure if you saw me, I was the guy shooting the suppressed 7'' AR at 200 and then throwing the upper in a snow pile.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No unfortunately I'm not. I was a guest of my friend who just got a cop job in Avon. He has a membership through the PD. I was very impressed with the range. It showed me what I wish Blue Trail was. Not sure if you saw me, I was the guy shooting the suppressed 7'' AR at 200 and then throwing the upper in a snow pile.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What can?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
What can?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What can?
Homemade .30cal titanium form 1 can. First time shooting 5.56 through it. Forgot that they get hot. Also forgot that direct thread cans loosen up. Had an end cap strike. Here's a video of me shooting it Sunday. These are CCI minimags through my CMMG conversion.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Homemade .30cal titanium form 1 can. First time shooting 5.56 through it. Forgot that they get hot. Also forgot that direct thread cans loosen up. Had an end cap strike. Here's a video of me shooting it Sunday. These are CCI minimags through my CMMG conversion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhrquPI_ct8

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What can?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhrquPI_ct8

Un private it, I definitely want to check it out!
Oh I was thinking the vid was of your homemade can, but either way I still want to check it out! haha
But oh yea they get hot, just think of them as a exhaust pipe/muffler for a motorcycle.  That sucks of the it loosening and getting a strike though.  Do you just have to constantly check it when they are thread on suppressors?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#38]
It's public now. I should've brought a glove to check it after every mag or so. Lessons learned. I already want to make a couple more cans.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's public now. I should've brought a glove to check it after every mag or so. Lessons learned. I already want to make a couple more cans.
View Quote

Haha I can imagine, that would probably get addicting!(making cans)
So was that .22 through a .308 can?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct. CCI mini mags.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:38:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did see you shooting that.

Blue Trails back in the day used to be a great place. Not so much anymore.

So tell us how you made your can. Monocore or one of the freeze plug designs?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#43]
It's a freeze plug job. I built it for my .300BLK but after getting an end cap strike I don't think my threads are concentric (Noveske no less). I've really only been shooting .22 through it. Here's my stack. The spacers should be to the left of their prospective baffles to be in order.

Heres the forming process

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top